Lets discuss: Twinkle Star Sprites!

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
Ok I found a text comparing the DC version to the Saturn version and in it he also ended up pointing out differences between the Neo-Geo version as well. Basically, even though I know you guys think this is a bad idea, I want to sell this cart now in favor of the Saturn version. Load times are only supposed to be a few seconds, and it has 5 more characters... And I need to save money for now. Soooo if anyone wants to make me an offer on it, go over to the selling forum, cause I'm gonna be making an official thread about it there.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Originally posted by Baby Bonnie Hood:
<strong>BTW, how do you change the difficulty? I want to play at Level 8 so that my opponents don't die so easily when I'm trying to make big chains.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I cranked it up to level-8 thinking I would have super competition all the way along, but that was certainly not what I got. The last 3 opponents were a little more annoying, but nothing big really. I still trounced most of the enemies, some pretty badly, and repeatedly at that.

Flip the dip switch and get into the soft dip, then you can play around with all sorts of things.

Baby Bonnie Hood

King's Dry Cleaner
Level 8 doesn't help much? Feh, seems luck is the only way to make big chains...

Since it's a new page, I'm posting my hi-scores again:
tsshia.gif

tsshib.gif

And my highest chain as well, before it disappears from the list:
tsshic.gif

Damn, I'm good :D

[ May 25, 2002: Message edited by: Baby Bonnie Hood ]</p>

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Well, after a bit more play, it's actually slowly but surely getting a little more difficult... figure that one out. Mevious esp. will give you a good run for your money, so give it a shot, you lose nothing for trying.

Even on the early stages, even the first stage at that, you can find loads of enemy attack characters flying over to your side, but they all just die pretty easily. The fun begins at Mevious on level-8. Hit F1 to access the dip settings if you didn't already know.

iamrandyray

Armored Scrum Object
how come in vs mode, the enemies you shoot don't change as much as in story
in vs mode, all there is are clouds

Baby Bonnie Hood

King's Dry Cleaner
The enemies' appearance depends on the level. Most likely, you keep fighting in the Cloudia level which is why you keep getting clouds.

But then again, I don't play versus much so maybe I'm wrong...

iamrandyray

Armored Scrum Object
i just got saturn version of tss
its so much better than the dc
i wish they made the dc version a port of the saturn one
there are so many better things about it

Baby Bonnie Hood

King's Dry Cleaner
You mean like the extra character and the animated intro and the voiceovers and the fanart and etc.?

It's times like these that I wish I had a Saturn and two games for it: TSS and Vamp Savior.

Baby Bonnie Hood

King's Dry Cleaner
Yay! I finally got a hi-score on Level 8!

With my favorite pair, no less :D

Though I think Memory was a little too easy that time...

grafik__

n00b
I was lucky enough to pick this up on AES recently (let’s just say it’s the only game I’ll be picking up this year) and it’s absolutely splendid. Great reading through this thread. When Sprites says “My body? Look in the story mode” I just about died.

Last edited:

Beckett

n00b
TSS is my favourite MVS game! Tons of fun, and a great learning curve too. Really wish I could find an actual cart though..

Unrelated: The post before last is older than my little brother, who is currently in High School. Probably the biggest bump I’ve ever seen in my life.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I was lucky enough to pick this up on AES recently (let’s just say it’s the only game I’ll be picking up this year) and it’s absolutely splendid. Great reading through this thread. When Sprites says “My body? Look in the story mode” I just about died.

TSS is my favourite MVS game! Tons of fun, and a great learning curve too. Really wish I could find an actual cart though..

Unrelated: The post before last is older than my little brother, who is currently in High School. Probably the biggest bump I’ve ever seen in my life.

Interesting way to increase your post count towards market access.