The Warlocks of the Fates Prototype.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You never know. I logged more time on Ghostlop than most Neo games.

Ghostlop I would say falls into the same category as WindJammers, they are games for skilled players. That's the only reason why I think Ghostlop was cancelled. It wasn't for the average player but still a great complete game.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Thanks for sharing. Bad as it is, it's still better than what Le Cortex could muster up.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
The ones who type, "I don't want this," or, "This wasn't released for a reason," whenever proto materials surface are missing the point. Neo collectors simply adore the aesthetic of the era and the hardware, and we would like to recover and preserve as much of it as possible. When you've already played every NGH number out there, you'll take every scrap of bonus material we only could have dreamed of seeing back in Neo Geo's heyday. Because as the system ages, and that era seems ever farther in the past, the more precious and hard to come by these sweet morsels of 90's gaming become. Of course it's a pointless waste of time and money, but it's a hobby, it's history and it's the thrill of unearthing something lost. I want everyone to see and preserve what developers had brewing back then even if I personally only end up playing it a couple of times.

You never know. I logged more time on Ghostlop than most Neo games.

Exactly.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I don't think the shit VHS looking transfer does the visuals any favors, and we're missing out on a lot of the detail as a result. That said, the sprites look a little odd, but for the most part are animated decently and don't look too bad. Not SNK level, but not bad. The backgrounds are similar, and a bit of a mixed bag.

The music is actually pretty damn impressive from a technical standpoint, even though it doesn't seem to match the theme of the game at all. Reminds me more of club music from 1992 than anything related to fantasy. Actually...come to think of it, it's more like if the people who made the music to King of Fighters 2001 actually knew what they were doing. Pretty similar style.

The voice acting and quality remind me of Breakers. Mostly decent, but uninspired and weird sounding.

The gameplay is basically Galaxy Fight with the play area being way too huge, but watching this video it looks to be a little tighter and faster.

Overall it clearly looks like a third party Neo game from that time period, and one that I would take over...say...Fight Fever any day of the week. Anyone that pays huge money for it would be out of their mind though unless it's strictly for collector value.

Some added bonuses: At around 9:50, the character Vanity's boobs bounce around so much that it makes Mai look she's rocking A cups in a steel bra by comparison. Also, around the 14:10 mark, the B. Tod character has a move that steals the lightsaber sound effect.

Last edited:

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Thanks for the link.

It's quirky that's for sure and the hit detection seemed a bit off at times, but I hope it does see the light of day.
Music is ok.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course. With regards to your previous statement, my dispute was only with your inaccurate comparison. (you didn't have the dates correct)

Who gives a shit about the dates? The fact of the matter is the game looks like shit compared to RB2 or shit even the original Real Bout.

No problem, I get it, you and most everyone here thinks this game is bad. I understand.

That's because it is bad.

So, you honestly think that Real Bout 2 looks like "fucking ass"?

I was referring to Warlocks of Fail.

Last edited: