The Warlocks of the Fates Prototype.

Somehow, I suspect that that goalpost would have been pretty quickly moved if anyone got remotely near it. Anyone remember the Marble Madness II debacle?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
In order to be a Super Freak you must own all of the NGF conversions. That is dozens of games. Some of them go for $900 each and that is way over my head.

There are only 17 people on this planet who have this ranking and only a few of them own this game.

You would need buy about $50,000 worth of games to get that ranking and that is something I will never be able to do unless they choose to sell the games to other people that don't have the Super Freak ranking.

So this is one of the 17 people who has paid 50 grand to buy every single one of NGF's conversions!?

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-catches-up.&p=3250245&viewfull=1#post3250245

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
For the noobs that show up every week wondering "Why all the NGF hate?"...

Well, this is it. Right. Fucking. Here.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Man what a bizarre game, I couldn't see myself playing this very much.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Looks as bad as Galaxy Fight.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
I have just found some video footage of the game. I am not sure if this has been posted before but anyway - here are the links:

The Warlocks of the Fates - Intro: http://nicoviewer.net/sm20396473
The Warlocks of the Fates - Gameplay: http://nicoviewer.net/sm22086702

Thanks for posting those vids!
It's nice to see such a long footage of the game (although the game itself looks bad even for '95 standards...)

edit: Music seems pretty decent tho

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I've been saying this for years. If this game was even below average, it would've been released. Period.

They cancelled it for a reason.

Merlin

n00b
Nice find jojo23! Thanks for the links.

Very interesting to finally see some video footage of the game. It doesn't look amazing but I'd still like to give it a try.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Personally I like the music and stage design; the characters aren't that great and it looks like the controls are rather clunky. Regardless, I'd still love to play the game if it ever gets dumped. Thanks for sharing the videos, it's really cool that we got a full play through and can see that the game was definitely finished.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
would I play the rom? maybe. buy a repro cart? never.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Very interesting thank for the link
Happy to have not to buy it XD

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I've been saying this for years. If this game was even below average, it would've been released. Period.

They cancelled it for a reason.

The game looks like shit. Even older dated games like Real Bout 2 shit all over this. Glad it was cancelled.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
The game looks like shit. Even older dated games like Real Bout 2 shit all over this. Glad it was cancelled.

Right.
The older dated Real Bout 2 from 1998
versus this newer Warlocks from 1995.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Personally, I think it looks great. Very nice graphics & excellent music. Lots if voice and dialogue text in the game which makes it more enjoyable and interesting. The gameplay reminds me of Waku Waku Secen a little bit. It also has elements of Dragon Ball Z style fighting with the high jumping & floating of the characters.

Does anyone here who can read Japanese have the time to translate for us whatever text was posted with the video on that website?

And in case the individual who actually posted the video on that website stumbles upon this thread on this site, I have a few questions to ask.

Was the video just posted by you or was it actually made by you?

Is the actual game that was used for this video the same one that was seen and has been sitting on the display case at the Mandarake video game store in Japan?

Was the video posted for any specific reason beyond simply to showcase & share the gameplay with the public?
(such as is it an advertisement of an intention or possibility to sell?)

Very curious when & where this suddenly came from as the NCI lead went cold and died and the game was completely forgotten, so it seems odd to have a couple years of radio silence (almost no word or progress made on this) and suddenly this video footage not only surfaces but is posted freely and with no alerts to the gaming community.

Again, a second cart found and just a coincidence? Or is this the same Mandarake game?