DreamCast is Dead and the Neogeo is still Alive

V

ViciouS

For what each system is they are both great systems. DC for its fighters and some innovative titles, like Illbleed. Neogeo on the other hand is kick ass because of the awesome gameplay that is put into the game period.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
Neo Geo and DC are very much alike in the living dead stakes, both are supported by zombies who take solace in the fact that they are at least more alive to games than any PS2 kid could ever be.

Bring on Ikaruga!

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Doesn't the DC get more new games than the Neo does? I don't follow the DC scene too closely, but I feel like I see more stuff being made for it than Neo anymore.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i think the relative ease of development for DC will always mean that it has a more active homebrew scene. that being said, there has definitely been an increase in people trying to create new titles for the neo over the past year or two. i hope the trend continues.

kei_dash

n00b
Dreamcast must have been the platform chosen to continue the development of NeoGeo games after the "death" of AES. Despite having an optical platform, because of its speed and RAM memory there were great conversions (Last Blade 2 / Garou) and greats re-makes (KOF98 & 99) for DreamCast and spiritually it is for me the next arcade platform (Naomi) after MVS having the Capcom VS SNK and other fighting hits that were seen in the last arcades that were still opened after 2000.

As for whether it's dead, the FAN base is not as hardcore as AES but there are still some developments for it and I think it's a must if you were a fight and non fight arcade lover in the late 90's, early 2k (and you don't want to buy a lot of different arcade boards)

Last edited: