neo geo on projection televisions?

vegaslock

n00b
Will playing my aes system on a projection tv cause a burn-in effect? I just bought a new hdtv projection tv and don't want to screw up the screen. I read in a article that it is ok to play on a projection tv as long as you do not pause the game for a extended amount of time. Has anyone had any problems using a projection tv?

K-hunter

Mega Shock!!
nah, the HDTV will be just fine when playing long hours of any gaming system

prefect

Zero's Secretary
I have been worried about the same thing, are there any articles anywhere stating that it is indeed safe?

vegaslock

n00b
In a recent issue of egm under the letters section someone asked this question. Egm responded that when they asked sony about use of their ps2 with projection televisions they said you should have no problem as long as the game is not left on pause.

Static images are a problem despite the source. Be careful or you'll end up with "SCORE" or something on your screen. Lots of folks are getting the station logos permanently left faintly on the screen.

Brent

Herzog Drei

Ace Ghost Pilot
...but only if you really watch ONE channel only!
Since most of us are channel hoppers,this is rather unlikely! :D

Same with video games-youd need to play just ONE game over 3 months-with NO other games or any television in the meantime.

For example:
I am using a Pioneer SDT 5000.After getting Net access with Dreamcast,i used this TV for video games,television and surfing..and it took 7 months of extened surfing until i noticed some VERY minor burn-in.I am using another tv for surfing now ;) ,but as you can see,it takes LOTS of time!

I frequent some home theater forums, and several individuals have posted to the contrary. Of the ones that come to mind, one had the 64 point convergence grid burned in. Another had the MSNBC logo burned in. Someone has the cartoon network logo... My favorite was the Court TV logo from watching the OJ Simpson trial too much. None of the folks indicated that their viewing patterns were to blame.

I think it's easier than some think. It's all a function of the brightness/contrast, the image itself, and the length of time. Apparently it's also easier during the TV's break in period as well. The stories above were Pioneer Elite and Mitsubishi sets, btw.

Brent

Originally posted by Herzog Drei:
<strong>...but only if you really watch ONE channel only!
Since most of us are channel hoppers,this is rather unlikely! :D
</strong><hr></blockquote>

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: brentsg ]</p>

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
my folks have just bought a panasonic 47 inch projection television ..

needless to say I didn't dare play kof98 on my AES for fear of it burning in at all..

shame really .. it would have kicked ass

Harry Hazard

Lurker,
Man, this sound dope!!
Im planning on getting this kind of tv..
whould appreciate a photo of some screenshot
neo game played on this..
please post if ya got digital camera.... :eek:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I might hook it up when I'm down next and watch the intro, but I wont play kof on it.. sure to burn it I reckon

/fucking flood control/

is it 8 minutes now?