Thread: Giga Power

Host for Orochi

Question Giga Power

How many games start with the Giga Power intro?

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

icon15.gif

All games from '98 and up.

Step Into The Shadows of The Hell House. You've arrived back here at Transylvania on Business: To Destroy Forever the Curse of the Evil Count, Dracula.

And that includes SVC Chaos! I can confirm it because as I was getting ready to play this, I heard the reassuring Neo Geo boot up jingle as the "Neo Geo GIGA POWER" logo came up!

Reassuring and great to see!

Exclamation

no wait....all the games ive seen with neo-geo start with the "MEGA POWER" intro. I think SVC is the first game that i have seen that says "GIGA POWER" then again i could be wrong since i really dont pay close attention to that. But isnt SVC supposed to run in an enhanced MVS anyways?

Host for Orochi

You mean "Pro Gear Spec"?

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

yeah .... i always thought in the old games i saw MEGA POWER **PRO GEAR SPEC**<---on the bottom. if im not mistaken, i have seen the GIGA power intro only in SVC .

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic

Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku:
    no wait....all the games ive seen with neo-geo start with the "MEGA POWER" intro. I think SVC is the first game that i have seen that says "GIGA POWER" then again i could be wrong since i really dont pay close attention to that. But isnt SVC supposed to run in an enhanced MVS anyways?
    Giga Power logo is in Metal Slug 3 my man. I'll take everyone elses word that from 98 up its Giga Power, cause I don't own any other 98+ games frown
    JPN NGH: 189047
    JPN NGPC: 0619336
    Trustworthy People:
    16-bit, B.I.GPSYCHE, CarBaXinE, Decepticon, FatGuy, Funk Buddy, Freelancer, greedostick, Insaneclown, Kenny Boy, KOF RUGAL B., mrbig7, pmok21, punkGuyta, Robert Wallace, sonofx51

Blog: http://enikolich.blogspot.com/

oh i see well i really never payed attention to that. Thanks for clearing it up buttrock

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic

Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku:
    oh i see well i really never payed attention to that. Thanks for clearing it up buttrock
    Not a problem, always willing to help a fellow Neo fan out
    JPN NGH: 189047
    JPN NGPC: 0619336
    Trustworthy People:
    16-bit, B.I.GPSYCHE, CarBaXinE, Decepticon, FatGuy, Funk Buddy, Freelancer, greedostick, Insaneclown, Kenny Boy, KOF RUGAL B., mrbig7, pmok21, punkGuyta, Robert Wallace, sonofx51

Blog: http://enikolich.blogspot.com/

icon15.gif

Yes, all the games from '98 and later all have the Giga Power intro. The last game that used the Pro Gear Spec intro was Last Blade, which was released late '97.

Step Into The Shadows of The Hell House. You've arrived back here at Transylvania on Business: To Destroy Forever the Curse of the Evil Count, Dracula.

Geese's Thug

Jedite:
    Time for me to be boring. If you mean 98 as in the year, im not sure thats entirely correct. Shock troopers uses a cha256 board and is numbered 238, whereas the next game, blazing star, made in 98, uses a cha512 board, same as most of the boards after, but it doesnt display giga power on the title screen. I think that RB2 displays giga power and is numbered at 240. Can anyone tell me if metal slug 2 (241) displays it?

The next one is kof 98, which as we all know, displays the giga power intro.

Lazy SNK Employee

I was pretty sure that any game that used a Gigabit of memory or more, is a "candidate" for the GigaPowered logo, and has nothing to do with the year. Some of the games that are eligable don't have it, and I would assume that they just missed those.

<small>[ August 14, 2003, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: Blur ]</small>

Geese's Thug

Maybe, but dont you think its cooincidental that the board was updated at the same time (except for blazing star) as the giga power logo was introduced?

Lazy SNK Employee

I can't deny the coincidence

Crossed Swords Squire

icon15.gif

Giga Power appears as well as Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 too.
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="">quote:</font><hr /><font size="" face="">I was accident take someones name so my J_hendrix is the fake one, unoriginal. This is my respect for my bro jhendrix. Thank you for accepting my name, respect!!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="" face="">PS . . . My sig was almost 200k but has since been fixed. Thank you for aiding me in showing respect for our dial up members, Judge Dredd! I am in debt to you!

&lt;43K - E.W. approved.

Robert Garcia's Butler

i dont think SVC is enhanced, bigger meg count but other then that I dont see why it would need it really. i havent heard any confirmation of it either unless i missed something.

kyo geo:
    Jedite:
    Time for me to be boring. If you mean 98 as in the year, im not sure thats entirely correct. Shock troopers uses a cha256 board and is numbered 238, whereas the next game, blazing star, made in 98, uses a cha512 board, same as most of the boards after, but it doesnt display giga power on the title screen. I think that RB2 displays giga power and is numbered at 240. Can anyone tell me if metal slug 2 (241) displays it?

The next one is kof 98, which as we all know, displays the giga power intro.
    Metal Slug 2 was released in '98 and it displayed the Giga Power intro, the only Metal Slug that displayed the Pro Spec Gear intro was Metal Slug 1.

<small>[ August 14, 2003, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Jedite ]</small>

World Her

false!

MS2 have the old intro.
    MSX is the first slug with GigaPower intro.

I remember it because I played a lot MS2 and then I saw for the first time MSX without slowdown and thought "whoa... how improved" And then I saw the GigaPower logo for the first time ever and "that explains everything"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Shroom View Post
    Games you can't play.
    Rugs you can't walk on.
    Welcome to the neo geo scene!

Setsuna1982:
    false!

MS2 have the old intro.
    MSX is the first slug with GigaPower intro.

I remember it because I played a lot MS2 and then I saw for the first time MSX without slowdown and thought "whoa... how improved" And then I saw the GigaPower logo for the first time ever and "that explains everything"
    You're right, I have the rom and I jus' checked it. It has the old intro, I guess I was wrong bout all games that are made in '98 have the Giga Power intro.

Mai's Apprentice

So is there a definitive answer for this question?

RBFF2 - GIGA power
    RotD - Mega power

unless I'm mistaken. and RotD certainly wasn't before '98
    I'm selling some MVS carts, shockboxes & kits, some Rare AES conversions and games, SNK Mooks, SNK AES Hardware, and about 40 Neo CDs

Check the selling forums for my name!

PRICES ADDED TO (pretty much) EVERYTHING!

Thread Information