SNK's Final Boss in the Capcom vs. SNK Games

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RiotoftheBlood:
Nightmare Geese?? Please explain.

Sorry... heh... That was the powered up version of Geese in Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (He was a hidden character and you need special requirements to get him)

------------------
I maybe a hot blooded student... but I'm one hell of a fighter!!! -Batsu

Akurai Yurusan! HAH!!- Kim Kaphwan

shin-kyo

Lurker, ,
Taiso asks: "do you admit defeat?"
Shinkyo yells: "NEVER!!!!"
smile.gif

actually i wanted to respond to your second reply on the other thread, but it's gone now (Nooo!! i didn't run away).

yah i get ya, but its confirmed that Terry is Top Dogg, but if they change bosses (which i'm willing to bet) then.. it's just as wrong as when Kyo was Main Character.

However many ppl here will look the other way, it appears that Terry vs O.Rugal/Orochi/Goenitz is a lesser evil than it be Kyo & Geese.

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I would like to see Rugal as the final boss aswell. He is the most powerfull fighter of all SNK games. And he'll kill M.Bison any time
wink.gif

Cho

------------------
''Do as you like, it is not my job to kill you''

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Shin_Kyo:

That sucked about those posts being lost, didn't they? It really killed my enthusiasm for the thread. And I was having so much fun discussing it until that point.

Anyway, I really enjoyed talking about it.

'Shin_Kyo is rule' in my book
smile.gif

Taiso
"Because of my bloody life, it was no accident that I was involved in the troubles..."

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Wouldn't it be funny if Capcom did something really surprising and made the final boss someone like Dr. Willy from Megaman or something???? or maybe Loki from Ghouls'n'Ghosts, or The Master from Strider? Or...... nah, they'd never do that.... its like SNK getting Zeus from ADK and making him their final boss... LOL.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Batsu_Power:
Sorry... heh... That was the powered up version of Geese in Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (He was a hidden character and you need special requirements to get him)

No need to be sorry. I've never heard of him until now. Thanks for the info.

------------------
--Riot--

Rugal 3:16

Quiz Detective
To balance things..

RUGAL AND GEESE should be alternating last bosses in CvS 2 like how Geese and Krauser alternates in Real Bout 2 in last boss status for the capcom side while

M.Bison and HYO IMAWANO should be the alsternating last bosses foe the capcom side (of course having SAGAT as a last boss again seems laughable when his image is more inclined to being a }sub-boss" even if he was SF1 's noss)

seriously Having Sagat as Rugal's counterpart in CvS 1 was a joke and a load of bull , Hell IMAGINE if it was Geese vs Sagat? that would piss Geese fans too..

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Should have been Sagat vs Krauser, two big guys who never get the respect they deserve.....

Rugal 3:16

Quiz Detective
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rain:
Should have been Sagat vs Krauser, two big guys who never get the respect they deserve.....

I agree Sagat vs Krauser would Rock..

2 big guys
high and low projectiles

BUT...

Krauser still encompasses Sagat in the Boss heirarchy because

1. Krauser is not a sub-boss
2. Krauser is in a leugue of his own power while Sagat plays second fiddle to Bison despite him being SF1's boss
3. Krauser is faster than Sagat gameplaywise
4. they have to speed up sagat AND tone down krauser so bad to have an even match.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rugal 3:16:
I agree Sagat vs Krauser would Rock..

2 big guys
high and low projectiles

BUT...

Krauser still encompasses Sagat in the Boss heirarchy because

1. Krauser is not a sub-boss
2. Krauser is in a leugue of his own power while Sagat plays second fiddle to Bison despite him being SF1's boss
3. Krauser is faster than Sagat gameplaywise
4. they have to speed up sagat AND tone down krauser so bad to have an even match.

The thing is, IF Capcom had done a good job with Sagat, he would have been thought of in the same way as Krauser.... but they just kept weakening him over and over again. In SSF2, Sagat ruled. He had a great keep away game, and the Tiger Uppercut was an awesome move. Then in SSF2T, he had greater lag on his Tiger Shots, and a shitty Tiger Uppercut. Despite his redrawing in Alpha, Sagat just seems to be getting worse and worse. Its a real shame because in terms of pure fighting power, I think Sagat would crush Bison. Remember, this is in a real fight, and not including Bisons cheap tricks like flying, and Teleporting.... I would love it if Sagat was pumped up a bit and made into a more respectable character, but I don't think Capcom Ever will, they'll just focus on new characters like Gill, which is a crying shame
frown.gif

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object

The thing is, IF Capcom had done a good job with Sagat, he would have been thought of in the same way as Krauser.... but they just kept weakening him over and over again. In SSF2, Sagat ruled. He had a great keep away game, and the Tiger Uppercut was an awesome move. Then in SSF2T, he had greater lag on his Tiger Shots, and a shitty Tiger Uppercut. Despite his redrawing in Alpha, Sagat just seems to be getting worse and worse. Its a real shame because in terms of pure fighting power, I think Sagat would crush Bison. Remember, this is in a real fight, and not including Bisons cheap tricks like flying, and Teleporting.... I would love it if Sagat was pumped up a bit and made into a more respectable character, but I don't think Capcom Ever will, they'll just focus on new characters like Gill, which is a crying shame
frown.gif

Agreed.. I'm a big Sagat fan myself.. but anyway.. he's still cool in my book. But Capcom needs to improve him and make him a more respectable character, just like you said, Rain.

------------------

Tekyo

Tarma's Gun Polisher
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RiotoftheBlood:

I think that Rugal would have made a better SNK final boss in the CvS games than Geese. Sure, Geese may be more known, but Rugal has been the boss of SNK's biggest series (in terms of scope) three times. Geese was only in KoF once, and he wasn't the main boss.

I think having Rugal be the main boss in CvS2 instead of Geese would be better, although it may be too late for that. In the final match you could face Geese, Vice, and Mature. The Capcom parallel would be Bison, Juli, and Juni. It's perfect, and it would be much better than the final matches in CvS1.

Curious as to what the rest of you think.

I think That start to play Snk games since kof 94.

If any of you don´t know the game is Snk vs Capcom no Street Fighter vs Kof.
The real Snk villain and Hero are: Terry and Geese the starring of the first fighting game. And Ryu and Ken the starring of SF first Capcom fighting game.

So should be Terry Vs Ryu and the Main boss should be Geese. Well that´s all

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Personally, I've always liked the SFA2 approach.

Under normal circumstances, I prefer it when characters fight different characters based on who their most natural boss is, rather than having one boss to encompass the entire storyline. This, I think, treats each character with equal respect and consideration rather than having one boss for everyone to fight at the end. For example, it makes all the sense in the world to Sakura's storyline that she fight Ryu as her boss.

But for this series, since storyline doesn't really matter, whoever they pick as the bosses of the respective worlds, the characters from the opposing company should fight them. That is, all Capcom characters should face SNK's boss. All SNK characters should fight Capcom's boss. This, I think, perfectly encompasses the whole idea of the series.

Taiso
"Because of my bloody life, it was no accident that I was involved in the troubles..."

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Taiso:
Personally, I've always liked the SFA2 approach.

Under normal circumstances, I prefer it when characters fight different characters based on who their most natural boss is, rather than having one boss to encompass the entire storyline. This, I think, treats each character with equal respect and consideration rather than having one boss for everyone to fight at the end. For example, it makes all the sense in the world to Sakura's storyline that she fight Ryu as her boss.

But for this series, since storyline doesn't really matter, whoever they pick as the bosses of the respective worlds, the characters from the opposing company should fight them. That is, all Capcom characters should face SNK's boss. All SNK characters should fight Capcom's boss. This, I think, perfectly encompasses the whole idea of the series.

Taiso

Excellent idea, Taiso. It would be much fairer to fight the rivals of each character as a boss. It would also try to make up a good storyline. Like Terry's last boss can be Geese, Hon-Fu's is Yamazaki and so on. BTW, SF3 DI and Third Strike also had that SFA2 feature.

------------------

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Batsu_Power:
Excellent idea, Taiso. It would be much fairer to fight the rivals of each character as a boss. It would also try to make up a good storyline. Like Terry's last boss can be Geese, Hon-Fu's is Yamazaki and so on. BTW, SF3 DI and Third Strike also had that SFA2 feature.

Third Strike kinda had that feature, but only for battle 9, as Battle 10 was always against Gill (Unless you were Gill, in which case it was Alex) This SFA2 Boss thing though would be really cool, but only if it was Ryu fighting Kyo at the end, Or Athena Fighting Sakura at the end.... MOTM on NGPC did something simular, but for battle 5.... still should be cool to see what happens......

[This message has been edited by Rain (edited April 30, 2001).]

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tekyo:

I think That start to play Snk games since kof 94.

If any of you don´t know the game is Snk vs Capcom no Street Fighter vs Kof.
The real Snk villain and Hero are: Terry and Geese the starring of the first fighting game. And Ryu and Ken the starring of SF first Capcom fighting game.

So should be Terry Vs Ryu and the Main boss should be Geese. Well that´s all

While I'll admit that I was a little late with the Neo Geo, I still have to disagree with your logic. Just because Terry and Geese came before Kyo and Rugal, it doesn't mean that they are automatically more qualified to be the main hero and boss.

I side with Rugal:316 when I say that Rugal was created to be stronger and a "bigger" boss than Geese, and for that matter Krauser, Mr. Big, etc. etc., and even Goenitz and Orochi (because he has been the final boss of KoF most often). For that reason he deserves to be "The" boss for SNK.

In fact, I believe the only reason Rugal isn't "The" boss is that he doesn't have as much of a story as Geese, but that's partially because he's newer (although definitely not "new" now), and has generally been unplayable (exceptions include PSX KoF '95, GB KoF '95, and finally Capcom vs. SNK), which is likely partially due to the fact that he was made to fight three opponents himself (except in KoF '95). Having him playable would (and does in the PSX and GB versions of KoF '95) significantly imbalance the play.

At least Capcom included Rugal as a playable boss.

------------------
--Riot--

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Third Strike kinda had that feature, but only for battle 9, as Battle 10 was always against Gill (Unless you were Gill, in which case it was Alex) This SFA2 Boss thing though would be really cool, but only if it was Ryu fighting Kyo at the end, Or Athena Fighting Sakura at the end.... MOTM on NGPC did something simular, but for battle 5.... still should be cool to see what happens......

[This message has been edited by Rain (edited April 30, 2001).]

Vampire Savior is the same way, at least for a number of the characters, who don't fight Jedah in the last match (Morrigan, Demitri for example).

------------------
--Riot--

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Well put Orochi as the final boss and your settled. Who would be stronger, Rugal or Orochi? It is clear that Bison will be on Capcoms side, since Capcom always uses Bison as the most powerfull boss. And since Geese is death SNK should do either Rugal or Orochi as the endboss! :cool:

Cho

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Geese or Orochi for SNK,
Bison or Gill for Capcom,
Makes sense to me!