SNK's Final Boss in the Capcom vs. SNK Games

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
I think that Rugal would have made a better SNK final boss in the CvS games than Geese. Sure, Geese may be more known, but Rugal has been the boss of SNK's biggest series (in terms of scope) three times. Geese was only in KoF once, and he wasn't the main boss.

I think having Rugal be the main boss in CvS2 instead of Geese would be better, although it may be too late for that. In the final match you could face Geese, Vice, and Mature. The Capcom parallel would be Bison, Juli, and Juni. It's perfect, and it would be much better than the final matches in CvS1.

Curious as to what the rest of you think.

------------------
--Riot--

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
Well, Geese & Bison were representing the classic bosses in CvS1... so it's time for the new bosses to take over, Like Gill (from Capcom) and like you have said, Omega Rugal (From SNK).

------------------
I maybe a hot blooded student... but I'm one hell of a fighter!!! -Batsu

Akurai Yurusan! HAH!!- Kim Kaphwan

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
I'd love to see Gill in CvS2, as he's one of my favourite characters in all of streetfighter (Not to play as though, he's way to cheap
smile.gif
.... then again though, Orochi should be his rival, not Rugal. Gill has more godly like powers and see's himself as a god... It would make more sense rival-wise. Then again though, the rivals in CvS1 were kinda lame..... Guile Vs Iori? What the hell do they have in common?

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
Actuall, Rain, Rugal does usually refer himself to a god (although he's not in any way), just check out his KOF'98 quote... So Gill & Omega Rugal can be possible bosses in CvS2. But, I'm afraid that Capcom would go all out lazy and keep Geese & Bison as bosses.

------------------

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Now that Terry's been made the SNK side's main representative for CvS2, I think they should stick with Geese. That makes more sense to me.

If they were going to keep the focal point Ryu vs. Kyo, Rugal would have been a more natural choice.

But it is what it is, neh...

Taiso
"Because of my bloody life, it was no accident that I was involved in the troubles..."

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
Good point, Taiso. But I think If Geese=Terry, then Akuma=Ryu... so Akuma would be the CvS2 boss from the Capcom side

------------------

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Quoted by Batsu_Power:
Actuall, Rain, Rugal does usually refer himself to a god (although he's not in any way), just check out his KOF'98 quote... So Gill & Omega Rugal can be possible bosses in CvS2. But, I'm afraid that Capcom would go all out lazy and keep Geese & Bison as bosses.

Can't believe I forgot about that win quote.......
smile.gif
anyway, I think that Gill see's himself as a new savior of mankind or something, so he is kinda a god..... after all, he can Resurrect himself which sounds God-ish... Also anyone else notice how similar Gill and Jedah are in terms of character? Both want to rule the world in their own image, both have a god complex about them, and both of them have NOTHING to do with the main character of each series (Demitri or Morrigan don't even fight Jedah as last boss, Ryu doesn't acknowledge Gill at all) seems like Capcom thought that Jedah was such a great character that they wanted to use him, or someone like him in their Streetfighter series.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Hey, Batsu.

That would be cool with me. I'd personally LOVE to see Akuma as the boss on the Capcom side
smile.gif

Taiso
"Because of my bloody life, it was no accident that I was involved in the troubles..."

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
Right on, Rain.Jedah & Gill are quite similar... Rugal's got that sense of ressurection too... Why? Since in KOF'94 everyone thought he died when the BlackNoah sank, and came back to life in KOF'95 as Omega Rugal. Strangley enough, in Kailu Lantis' KOF story FAQ, I see that Rugal's hobby is ressurection... that's weird.

Thanks, Taiso. If the Ratio levels are perished, then it's possible that we would see a Bison & Geese team ala. SvC in the NGPC or Gill & Omega Rugal.. or even Shin Akuma & Nightmare Geese.

------------------

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Why do I keep forgetting this Rugal stuff?!!? Batsu, your totally correct in that all of them just love to resurrect themselves
smile.gif

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
I love to fight Gill, he's cheap like O. Rugal, but not so cheap, that it feels like he's going out of the system's restraints.

Jedah is in the same vein as Gill, being the miss understood or semi- bad, antagonists. Fighting wise Jedah is pretty original and has great moves, he appears like a defensive player at first, but he's all about controling the opponents movement. And Gill is Bison turbo remix edition. They same almost the same lateral and and aerial moves, plus he has Bison's insane priority and reach in his kicks. And they both take off garments.

Jedah believes, bringing all souls to give him power to go back to the original soul. That all souls are one. A similar philosophy to that of Henry Thereau, and a movement he was involved in back in the 1900s called Transendentalism.

Transendentalism is on off shoot of eastern religions that teache similar ways, like Buddism, and Hinduism, and ancient birth of world myths. They teach that were all one, peace and love, dont pay taxes, etc.

[This message has been edited by Black_Hayato (edited April 26, 2001).]

Apathy Wind

Cheng's Errand Boy
Jedah is the best character design that has ever graced a fighter. He looks incredibly cool, has tons of personality, has great motivations/backstory, and has new and refreshing gameplay (at least compared to the Vampires series pseudo-shoto leads). In case I was being too subtle , I'm a fan
biggrin.gif

I don't think Jedah is like Gill as far as ambition goes. Gill's interest is more in power. What I get out of Jedah's interest is not a desire for power or control. He simply wants to bring all souls together to be one soul. And all souls includes his own - he dies last so as to assure the completion of his work. I believe his VS2 ending shows his body disintegrate before the vessel of souls. He's less about dominance than most bosses - he merely seeks to redress the failing of existence. It's just that his methods aren't so popular with anybody else....

Back on topic, I'd like to see a Jedah/Amakusa boss combo in CvS2. If Capcom's looking to get past the original CvS being essentially SF vs. KoF that's the best way - go on to the next series. But that just might be because I'm tired of Gill resurrecting his sorry ass on me.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Why not a combination? Like maybe Gill with Orochi's powers or Rugal with Jedah's powers...... would be cool.

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rain:
Why not a combination? Like maybe Gill with Orochi's powers or Rugal with Jedah's powers...... would be cool.

LOL... Well, It can be possible, Rain... Geese using Psycho Power while Bison uses Hakiyosuken (spelling?)!! Anyways.... IF Gill and O.Rugal come as CvS2 bosses, then Urien & Mature are a must see.

------------------

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Just imagine Orochi possessing Gill..... you know it could happen! Or Bison Posessing Rugal... he posessed Ken in the anime, why not Rugal?

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
Just imagine Orochi possessing Gill..... you know it could happen! Or Bison Posessing Rugal... he posessed Ken in the anime, why not Rugal?

LOL... Now He'll be called Omega Psycho Rugal & he'll be Ratio 10!!!! Anyway, good points and boss ideas, Rain. Also, Apathy Wind, An Amakusa/Jedah combo is perfect. Both have that long nails, powerful moves and psycho laughs!!!

------------------

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Our you mocking me kid? LOL, no, I just think it would be cool if they used 1 boss which was related to both Snk and Capcom storywise...... Gill infused with Orochi power would be a very tough fight indeed, Especially if Capcom could come up with a good storyline to explain it!

shin-kyo

Lurker, ,
well now...
Taiso your logic would be broken huh..? heh
If you changed bosses then, to any other KOF boss Kyo would be the appropriote rival.
And Most ppl know that O.Rugal follows/rivals Geese in Popularity, followed by Orochi, and Goenitz.
We can also expect capcom to change bosses.. all there other versus games.
.. i told you so!
biggrin.gif

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Shin_Kyo:

You just don't know when to admit defeat, do you
smile.gif
?

Seriously, I feel that if Kyo is going to be the main SNK character, Rugal should be the main SNK boss. If Geese is going to be the main SNK boss, Terry should be the main SNK character.

Whoever they choose, the natural enemy should be the counterpart.

And anyway, Kyo WAS the prime character in Capcom vs SNK. Now, rightfully, Terry is. That's pretty much the end of it. The decision's been made for all of us
smile.gif

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
I'd love to see Gill in CvS2, as he's one of my favourite characters in all of streetfighter (Not to play as though, he's way to cheap
smile.gif
.... then again though, Orochi should be his rival, not Rugal. Gill has more godly like powers and see's himself as a god... It would make more sense rival-wise. Then again though, the rivals in CvS1 were kinda lame..... Guile Vs Iori? What the hell do they have in common?

That would be awesome! I agree with the CvS rivalries... they were way too contrived. They are much better, no perfect, in MotM.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Quoted by Batsu_Power:

Can't believe I forgot about that win quote.......
smile.gif
anyway, I think that Gill see's himself as a new savior of mankind or something, so he is kinda a god..... after all, he can Resurrect himself which sounds God-ish... Also anyone else notice how similar Gill and Jedah are in terms of character? Both want to rule the world in their own image, both have a god complex about them, and both of them have NOTHING to do with the main character of each series (Demitri or Morrigan don't even fight Jedah as last boss, Ryu doesn't acknowledge Gill at all) seems like Capcom thought that Jedah was such a great character that they wanted to use him, or someone like him in their Streetfighter series.

Jedah is awesome, but he doesn't have the personna of a ruler. He sees himself as a savior. That's why the name of the third Darkstalkers game is Vampire Savior.

------------------
--Riot--

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Batsu_Power:
Right on, Rain.Jedah & Gill are quite similar... Rugal's got that sense of ressurection too... Why? Since in KOF'94 everyone thought he died when the BlackNoah sank, and came back to life in KOF'95 as Omega Rugal. Strangley enough, in Kailu Lantis' KOF story FAQ, I see that Rugal's hobby is ressurection... that's weird.

Thanks, Taiso. If the Ratio levels are perished, then it's possible that we would see a Bison & Geese team ala. SvC in the NGPC or Gill & Omega Rugal.. or even Shin Akuma & Nightmare Geese.

Nightmare Geese?? Please explain.

------------------
--Riot--

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Apathy Wind:
Jedah is the best character design that has ever graced a fighter. He looks incredibly cool, has tons of personality, has great motivations/backstory, and has new and refreshing gameplay (at least compared to the Vampires series pseudo-shoto leads). In case I was being too subtle , I'm a fan
biggrin.gif

I don't think Jedah is like Gill as far as ambition goes. Gill's interest is more in power. What I get out of Jedah's interest is not a desire for power or control. He simply wants to bring all souls together to be one soul. And all souls includes his own - he dies last so as to assure the completion of his work. I believe his VS2 ending shows his body disintegrate before the vessel of souls. He's less about dominance than most bosses - he merely seeks to redress the failing of existence. It's just that his methods aren't so popular with anybody else....

Back on topic, I'd like to see a Jedah/Amakusa boss combo in CvS2. If Capcom's looking to get past the original CvS being essentially SF vs. KoF that's the best way - go on to the next series. But that just might be because I'm tired of Gill resurrecting his sorry ass on me.

That would be cool, but I'm afraid it's probably just wishful thinking. From what we've seen so far, Capcom isn't focusing on the Vampire or SS characters. It would be cool though, to have Amakusa and Jedah as playable bosses (like Vega, Yamazaki, etc. in the first game).

------------------
--Riot--

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Batsu_Power:
LOL... Well, It can be possible, Rain... Geese using Psycho Power while Bison uses Hakiyosuken (spelling?)!! Anyways.... IF Gill and O.Rugal come as CvS2 bosses, then Urien & Mature are a must see.

Mature should be in simply because Vice is. And on the same token, Juli and Juni should also be in. It's like I said in the topic starter... the final match be either Juli/Juni/Bison or Vice/Mature/Rugal.

------------------
--Riot--

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Our you mocking me kid? LOL, no, I just think it would be cool if they used 1 boss which was related to both Snk and Capcom storywise...... Gill infused with Orochi power would be a very tough fight indeed, Especially if Capcom could come up with a good storyline to explain it!

That is a cool idea... similar to Cyber Akuma from XMvsSF. It could be the very final boss, after Bison or Rugal.

------------------
--Riot--