Megaman

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
Who here loves Megaman? I like the X series more specifically. I know mm is basically the same game over again, but I cant get enough of em.

One wish, MM9, and a MM fighter. So Zero and Magma Dragoon*coughcough* akuma, can face off. I'd make the controls similar to cyberbots, with a dedicated dash/booter, button.

Whats your fav MM game?
Mine is X4.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Heh. Heh. Rockman and Vampire are the reasons I'm still the Capcom fan I am today. I worship both series. Favorite Megaman; hmmmm....tough to say. I guess it would have to be Megaman 7. Got the tunes stuck in my head right now for some reason. I wouldn't worry about that same thing over and over again comment. Some would say the same thing about a certain fighter; and I'm thankful it is. Change isn't always a good thing.

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

[This message has been edited by YeldellGW (edited April 26, 2001).]

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Black_Hayato:
Who here loves Megaman? I like the X series more specifically. I know mm is basically the same game over again, but I cant get enough of em.

One wish, MM9, and a MM fighter. So Zero and Magma Dragoon*coughcough* akuma, can face off. I'd make the controls similar to cyberbots, with a dedicated dash/booter, button.

Whats your fav MM game?
Mine is X4.

This used to be my favorite series. MM2 was one of the first games (on any system) that I got into. I would have to say that it's still my favorite MM game, although I think X2 is close. I haven't played MM 7 or 8, or any of the X series past 3, though.

------------------
--Riot--

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Megaman on NGPC is great too, i'm surprised how arcade perfect it was. Shame it never got an official release though......

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
Yeah I love MM, but I was way diapointed by X5, the money put into the game must of been low. There isn't for the first time I can remember a "you got x weapon slash page", just the girl telling you. No cool picture?

The one thing I want to find was the MM animation story game from japan, and X3, for a complete collection.

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by YeldellGW:
Heh. Heh. Rockman and Vampire are the reasons I'm still the Capcom fan I am today. I worship both series. Favorite Megaman; hmmmm....tough to say. I guess it would have to be Megaman 7. Got the tunes stuck in my head right now for some reason. I wouldn't worry about that same thing over and over again comment. Some would say the same thing about a certain fighter; and I'm thankful it is. Change isn't always a good thing.

Love MM tunes? Do you know where I might find any of the soundtracks like X4 and Power Battles? I have a ton of X4 napster files but I'd rather have the soundtrack.

http://remix.overclocked.org

This site has a bunch of video game remixes, along with a bunch of MM ones.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Love MM tunes? Do you know where I might find any of the soundtracks like X4 and Power Battles? I have a ton of X4 napster files but I'd rather have the soundtrack.

http://remix.overclocked.org

This site has a bunch of video game remixes, along with a bunch of MM ones.

Can't help with those titles. The only Rockman soundtrack I have is Rockman Dash OST and I got that one from gamemusic online (I think they're out of stock right now.). It's pretty good though; the 1st and last tracks even have vocals and weren't in the U.S. release. Here's the link:

http://www.gamemusic.com/

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Anyone know any secrets for Rockman on NGPC? I can't seem to find any
frown.gif

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rain:
Megaman on NGPC is great too, i'm surprised how arcade perfect it was. Shame it never got an official release though......

Are you talking about Battle & Chase?

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Yeah I love MM, but I was way diapointed by X5, the money put into the game must of been low. There isn't for the first time I can remember a "you got x weapon slash page", just the girl telling you. No cool picture?

The one thing I want to find was the MM animation story game from japan, and X3, for a complete collection.

The SNES version of X3 is very hard to find, and very valuable. There is a PC version, which includes animated scenes.

------------------
--Riot--

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RiotoftheBlood:
The SNES version of X3 is very hard to find, and very valuable. There is a PC version, which includes animated scenes.

Yeah, the PSX and Saturn versions also have animation. Funcoland had it for 60$, I didn't have the money so I got something old school. Funco are bastards, they dont even carry saturn stuff any more.

I thought Rock&Forte was pretty hard towards the end.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
I'll have to go with MegaMan 2.

As for rocking tunes.... anyone remember the tune for the intro in MegaMan 4?

Absolutely awesome. So peaceful... so soothing.... (at least the first 12 seconds or so) check it out! Nothing like it.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RiotoftheBlood:
Are you talking about Battle & Chase?

Yeah, I thought it was called Battle and Fighters though? Or is that the Jap name for it?

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rain:

Yeah, I thought it was called Battle and Fighters though? Or is that the Jap name for it?

My mistake... you are correct. I think I confused Battle & Fighters with the racing game. I saw an ad for that in a magazine a while ago... and I never saw the game anywhere after that! Strange.

------------------
--Riot--

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member

You mean the one on the Saturn, which was called RockMan Adventure or something like that? Had several discs to the game?

-BioMotor_Unitron

seanpyro

n00b
<font size=1>my favorite MegaMan is 8 on psx..i hate the 3D ones that are coming out, but you can see why tho, nowadays "people" wont buy a game unless it has so_called good gfx

i havent got to play the new X5 or X4 whatever it is..it looks great tho

-Sean

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by seanpyro:
<font size=1>my favorite MegaMan is 8 on psx..i hate the 3D ones that are coming out, but you can see why tho, nowadays "people" wont buy a game unless it has so_called good gfx

i havent got to play the new X5 or X4 whatever it is..it looks great tho

-Sean

Preach on brother.... the 2d ones totally kill the 3d ones in terms of gameplay.

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BioMotor_Unitron:
You mean the one on the Saturn, which was called RockMan Adventure or something like that? Had several discs to the game?

-BioMotor_Unitron

Yeah thats the one, know someone whos selling it?

Apathy Wind

Cheng's Errand Boy
Have you seen the new Megaman game for the GBA? It looks like a sort of action/RPG hybrid. Might be kinda cool. There's a little article about it in the new EGM. They also list a website that you can download MP3's of game music from the MM games. http://24.16.84.122/~rockman/m3a/index.shtml Maybe you guys can find the MM 1-6 songs on that site.

Anybody ever play that Megaman soccer game (not even sure it ever came out...)? I thought it looked cool but don't remember hearing anything about it.

Black_Hayato

Cheng's Errand Boy
cool site, but its alot of midis. I hate those.

I haven't played the soccer game, but each boss has a field I think.

Yeah, you should check the capcom.co.jp Rockman EXE site, it has a lot of info, and cool pics. The new "protoman" is like a cross between blues and zero.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Apathy Wind:
Have you seen the new Megaman game for the GBA? It looks like a sort of action/RPG hybrid. Might be kinda cool. There's a little article about it in the new EGM. They also list a website that you can download MP3's of game music from the MM games. http://24.16.84.122/~rockman/m3a/index.shtml Maybe you guys can find the MM 1-6 songs on that site.

Anybody ever play that Megaman soccer game (not even sure it ever came out...)? I thought it looked cool but don't remember hearing anything about it.

I used to own Megaman Soccer. I thought it was cool as well, until I found out a way to score goals against the CPU without the goalie being able to defend. Then it became way too easy.

It definitely wasn't up to par quality for a MM game, but it had some interesting concepts, and a great character cast.

------------------
--Riot--

S

Sonic1787DC

Hey, I own the Mega Man X 3 PC game. I prefer it over the SNES one because of the animationed cut scenes. What is this Mega Man game for NGPC? Was it a game that never came out but somebody dumped a ROM of it?

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
It was called Rockman: Battle and Fighters. It only came out in Japan, and was a very good translation of two Jap arcade games (Rockman: The power Battle and Rockman: The power Fighters) its not a bad game, and if you want it, check out ebay.....

koolking

Super Spy Agent
You put Megaman in and Kyo and Iori would tear him to shreads. Or melt him i.e. Miaden Masher or Serpent Wave. If not they would have to make him like Choi that little prick.