Roll/Dodge or Air Block?

Krusader

Rugal's Thug
Since there has been no game with both air block and roll/dodging, which do you prefer?

I've grown accustomed to rolling/dodging, but I still prefer air block as a method of getting close to an opponent. It isn't as risky as rolling since you aren't vulnerable after landing on the ground, whereas you are vulnerable after you stop rolling.

Rolling is faster IMO, but its risky if your opponent can catch you out of a roll. You're also more exposed to any grab/throw move.

A_Sombra

New Challenger
SS3 had both dodging and air-blocking.

I prefer dodging, but then, I'm a more or less defensive player. Rolling is good because you can roll in aggressively and leads to more mobility. Dodging is just one of the habits I got into from playing too much Upper Class SS3.

kazuki1313

n00b
Rolling is nice but I can get along without it.Air Blocking though is something I got a little too used to ^_^;

------------------
what!?!?! I don't have one yet,go away!

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I can always get adjusted to not having air blocking, for I do have a tendency to be a little aggressive when I play games. But I don't understand games that don't have some sort of rolling, dash or running in it. It just makes the game seem slower when you can't use things like this to pursue after your opponent,

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
o_O; KoF'96-'98 have both rolling/dodging and airblocking
tongue.gif