You SNK-fans got beef with Capcom-fans?

Bufa

Crossed Swords Squire
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RiotoftheBlood:
MvC2 completely for visual effects? No way. MvC2, if anything, was completely for fun.

okay, i just going to rename a few things on my fugly diagram.

gameplay -> gameplay equality
(the attention given to making the game fair and balanced, and to prevent cheap gameplay) SNK doesn't completely succeed in this, just look at KoF 2000. :/ what a truly hardcore gamer recognises in games)

visual effects -> fun/attractiveness
(yeah, what attracts a casual gamer. just the instant fun rating, based on visual and sound quality, etc. what a masher or the casual gamer sees in the game's attract mode.)

Black_Hayato: yeah, id say they'd have to be equalizer diagrams as well, i had some trouble deciding where to put SFA.
smile.gif
that's why i said it was a fugly diagram.
tongue.gif
maybe i should draw another diagram on who the game is aimed at, casual gamers or arcade junkies.

this is probably going to be the last time i post here, this is turning into too much of a technical discussion, and i'm too lazy to generate evidence.
tongue.gif

Bufa

Crossed Swords Squire
sorry to spam, but i just found out that i have completely forgotten what (and why) i was arguing for/against on this topic. o_0

Anecdote

n00b
A bit late...

You raise a good point with the argument flash vs gameplay. It's in people's nature to do stuff that is easy. Everbody wants to have the idea that they are good at something. In MvC2 you can do amazing looking stuff very easily. Higher levels of gameplay in MvC2 are quite difficult, tho. The game in general is very accessible. The fact that it has very popular Marvel charas and the SF-gang in it doesn't hurt either.

I still have some beef with my Capcom buddy. I know he's not into games that require the precision and technique of KOF and the old school SF's, but it's no excuse not to even give it a chance.

It's like saying that sushi sucks without having actually eaten it.

*feels stomach rumbling*

*goes out and gets some Japanese food*

Yes, I know sushi is a bad example
smile.gif
Cos it rulez.

------------------
"Your Street Fighter competitive edge", syeah right...

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
All this talk about lookalikes and I can't belive you guys forgot Hanzou and Fuuma.

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
I'm really surprised that Capcom didn't sue ADK for that. I mean you had loads of Capcom character clones in the original game, Brocken = M. Bison, Muscle Power = Zangief, Janne = Guile Etc. Instead they sue Power Athlete. WTF????