Been Playing Capcom vs SNK all day!

Although a bit shallow, this game rocks. I've got the DC and the Mas Systems stick smoking!

Who else got it?

Cynn

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Hmm im thinking to buy a DC because of this game.... in germany the most people dont want 2D Games so the most 2Ds are not coming out here
frown.gif

Well imports are very hard to get here because its forbidden for a reseller to trade with this stuff.

[This message has been edited by Gamemaster (edited September 08, 2000).]

asam79

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Is it that good, Cynn?
I am waiting for my SNK vs. Cap to arrive to my house.
How much you bought it anyway, Cynn?
I bought it $45 out the door.
Well, I bought it along with 3 Neo geo home carts from overseas. So, I pay no shipping cost. Well, I bought it from Mile (He is a good seller). In my area, it costs $59 + tax in the video game stores close by my area (i.e. Game star). I can just drive there and bought another one if I cannot wait or if it is that good like you mention. Sold the other for profit.
smile.gif

I can't wait for this game (SNK vs. Cap). The neogeo home carts will just go to my neo collection shelf.
frown.gif

But Snk vs. cap, I will play it hard on weekend. (kick butt those Capcom characters).

How much for the MAS joystick you bought?
so far, my DC joysticks are suck.
I have one fighting stick but with 6 buttons and also suck. I am used to Neo stick.
Any good DC joysticks you recommend?

I got mine for $50.00 even. I really feel it's a good game, but becomes a GREAT game when you unlock all the EX versions of fighters. (extra moves etc)

Mas Systems is the ONLY way to go for the REAL stick feel. Mine was around $90.00 after shipping. I requested it be put into a core arcade stick shell. Wanted only 6 buttons, no cross compatability.

Cynn "restless wolf" Samhain.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
http://www.massystems.com/ is the URL you want. Although they are pricey, I have a Neo·Geo one and it is simply great. A terrific use of my $50 it was.

The other good thing about the MAS sticks, as you may or may not know, is that you can pay MAS to add an additional connector so you can hook it up to more than just one system. Considering the cost of one stick, it's quite sensible. You may want to look for a used one, but anyway, I don't think you'll regret it should you pursue hunting one down.

Kuryakin

Cheng's Errand Boy
Capcom vs. SNK looks great, fun as hell but still really disappointing. I expected it to have tag matches like the NGPC version. Also, King & Vice but no Blue Mary!?!? Whats up with that?this game definately needed more characters - also some from other games than KOF. SS, MOTW, LB really should have fighters in there. Overall look & feel of the game is terrific tho' have you guys
tried the Agetec DC joystick?I love mine. (got stuck alot at first, now feels alot like my neo) they're pretty cheap now... local walmart had em for $10

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
So, what are the verdict guys? Is the game good? I will most likely get it when it comes out in US. However, I don't know if it's good enough to warrant me getting a Japanese version.

I can honestly say, yes it's good. If you're a fan of SNK in the slightest it's fun to see Terry and Iori really smashing in the Capcom guys.

There's lots of fun stuff, and I'm still playing it with friends. But of course that's also because I DON'T HAVE MARK OF THE WOLVES AGGRRRHHH!!!!!!

-Cynn

Robi15

20 Year Member
Cynn, get Mark Of The Wolves now. Before it's too late! I love that game. You will love it too!

Asmoday

Baseball Star Hitter
CvS is definately a good game. It falls short of greatness simply due to lack of certain characters and the way they weakened a few SNK people. I have been talking with Nick_th_Fury about this. As you guys know everyone has 2 versions, a normal and an EX. Here is where the game falls short: There are some people like Terry and Mai that should have certain move combinations. Terry's Crack Shoot is not as good as his Power Dunk for this game and I really can't see Terry surviving without his Rising Tackle against some of the Capcom elite with a good opponent on the other stick, yet they split the moves up. One Terry has Rising Tackle, Power Wave, Crack Shoot, and Burn Knuckle, the other has Power Guyser, Crack Shoot, Burn Knuckle, and Power Dunk. I really feel they should have put out one of each character and chosen a better assortment of moves like can the Power Wave and give Terry the Guyser instead to limit his lockdown potential, then give him Burn Knuck, Pow Dunk, and Ris Tackle. He should be his good ole defensive self like that. Mai was another good example as they totally canned the move she does where she spins the fans and replaced it with a delayed flame that covers here entire body as a charge down to up move. I generally enjoy Mai, but I wouldn't choose her in this game against a Capcom elite player, maybe if they chose Cammy. To be fair there are some Capcom characters that suffer from similar problems, but nowhere near as badly. We also have to remember that this game will most likely have a sequal and the 2nd one may have all those people we really wanted to see like MotW and SF3 3S characters. If you are on the fence on the title and want an honest opinion I would say buy it if you like old school fighting action. This game really is a throwback to the days of old where each twitch could mean a loss of 1/5 of your life, with turtles and all. Don't let the complaints of the game speed fool you. There is a Turbo option that gives a good pace. I have never played the game on normal so I can't comment on that, but I would say Turbo is the speed of normal SF3 or so.