Noble Swordsmen Engage: Washizuka Keiichro vs Yagyu Jubei

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
OK, which one of these cool, honarable swordsmen will win? I know both are SNK, but they could fight in CvS2.

------------------
Sonomama Shine....
Beware of the wrath of Burning Batsu!.... and Dan's Super Taunts!!!

Anecdote

n00b
I dunno! But Jubei Yagyu is based on a real Japanese swordmaster and looks mean! Washizuka seems like a goody two-shoes... Good guys finish last?

Kojiro would kick both their butts, tho! Hehe... Female warriors rule!!

------------------
"Your Street Fighter competitive edge", syeah right...

[This message has been edited by Anecdote (edited April 17, 2001).]

HIDDEN WARRIOR

Ninja Combat Warrior
The shinsengumi did indeed exist.

I think it would be a double KO.

But on further examination of their moves and abilities I would have to conclude that jubei would win.

Why?

Essentially a super/DM or a ultra/SDM is the totality of thier might.Its their supreme technique;their best move.Washizuka's DM/SDM's are powerful but dont match the obviously stronger energy discharge that is jubei's moonbeam slicer DM in samurai shodown 4.Assuming thier equally skilled and quick as well as even physical strength,The match would be jubei's because of his raw superior power.

------------------
LETS BURN IT UP!

Yes both are great swordfighters and I agree wuth Hidden Warrior on the Dm/Sdm. However something else to think about is the strategy of the two. Washizuka is more of a defensive character since obviously he is a charge character while Jubei isn't making more of a heavuer set person on offense.

Also remember that Yagyu has two swords Washizuka only has one...not much of a difference but still. Chances are Yagyu would win anyways, he's a very dangerous man.

------------------
Mick Kensou- Chilli Cook Extraodinaire

HIDDEN WARRIOR

Ninja Combat Warrior
True.jubei is offensive while washizuka is defensive,but......you forgot bust jubei in SS4;he's defensive.So thus jubei has equally great offensive and defensive skills.ALL HAIL YAGYU JUBEI!

------------------
LETS BURN IT UP!

W

Whip's Disciple

Washizuka defensive? You guys play your charge characters definsively?

Sorry, just too funny.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Whip's Disciple:
Washizuka defensive? You guys play your charge characters definsively?

Sorry, just too funny.

I play an offensive Washizuka myself. The d,u+slash sucks as an anti-air for me and I can't combo the move successfully to save my life. His other moves are great, though I wish the computer wouldn't abuse the QCB+slash so damn much.
mad.gif

As for which of the two would win; I'd have to say it would be a draw.

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

[This message has been edited by YeldellGW (edited April 17, 2001).]

LLJ

New Challenger
Yagyu would win, no doubt. He's older and has more experience, he has two swords and is based on Musashi something, he works directly for the Shogun if my memory serves me well, His DM is awsome as HIDDEN WARRIOR pointed out and many other things. Washizuka is a lowly soldier, even Kojiro outranks him.

offtopic:

I would like to see a SS vs LB game on NGPC. It wouldn't be very much trouble mixing the characters and game systems since the character design is pretty simmilar in both games. Than we can find out who really is the strongest of those two.

W

Whip's Disciple

Actually, all Shinsengumi members were high ranking.

The Tokugawa period in which he worked in was a caste, not class system. Being a samurai already put him above many others.

LLJ

New Challenger
Yeah but I think Yagyu is still closer to his lord then Washizuka. And like I said, Kojiro outranks Washizuka wich would still mean that there are different ranks, wich would make Washizuka still one of the lower soldiers, although high in comparisation to normal people.

------------------
" Joe, once again you are being far too loud. Die quietly please or I shall have to ask you to leave!"

-Wolfgang Krauser-