stop te ratio system(please dont put the rtio system in capcom vs. snk 2)

Ice_burn

Another Striker
ratio system sucks. and it insulted some of our favorite characters by turning them into r1.please snk and capcom stop this stupidity.

I

Iori

Yeah, but keep Athena ratio 0

------------------
vicecharge.gif

S

Silent_Scope

I thought it's news and rumors section......
This topic suppose to be in Unrelated section coz it's a DC Capcom game.

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
no it's not, this is to discuss snk games, and no matter how lousy the game is.. Ank v.s. Capcom does have SNK in it there for a SNK relateg game, there fore not "unrelated". Thank you for your time.

Mithotyn

n00b
I agree, the ratio system sucks monkey ass!

This was one of the main reasons I did not buy the DC version, that and the fact that those lazy-ass Capcom programmers reused the old Alpha/ Zero sprites for some characters. WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS!? IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT!!! They did the same in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 which is why I sold this game a week after I bought it back then, those graphical inconsistencies drove me insane, just compare a new character like Ruby Heart or the Cactus-dude to the likes of Collossus, enough said ...

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
EVEN better please dont make another piece of crap like that >capcom

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
The ratio system was a really good CONCEPT, unfortunately Capcom picked the wrong game to implement it in. You'd think they would have spent some time touching up the sprites so that Morrigan vs. Anyone wouldn't look like a MUGEN hack instead of making such a big deal about the ratios when in the end the characters balanced out equally despite the ratio they were assigned.

Mike Tham

n00b
One of the most important thing in fighting games is the balance. You have characters that are fast, slow, strong, long range etc but in the end no one character can have too much of an edge.

With CvSNK, its even harder to make it balanced. Firstly, the characters for each ratio must be balanced. Are some ratio 1 characters too powerful? The next problem is whether 2 ratio 1s are equal to a ratio 2?

Capcom had time to redo the SNK animations but not the Capcom ones? The Capcom characters look so lame, especially Sakura. It really looks like Mugen. I have low expectations for CvSNK2 unless of course, its done by SNK. Then I'll use the SNK grapplers to and beat the crap out of the shotokaners.

Vega

n00b
I'm open to the Ratio system, if Capcom can improve it. King and Beni shouldn't have been a 1. Neither Blanka. I do think it's sorta cool that you gotta have mad skill to be able to defeat a 3 w/ a 1. Cos, as much as I love Sakura, could she beat Bison all by herself? I think if Capcom could improve the system, it could make CvS2 that much better.

------------------
I saw we waste him... No offense!

R

ryu

I think the ratio system in Capcom vs. SNK was a mistake since it confused many people and some were pretty mad at how it was set up.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I don't mind the ratio system, as long as you can assign how many ratio points you want for each character.

Therefore keep it... you get 4 points to distribute between your team (that can now be of any size, as long as their total points don't go beyond 4). So yes, now you can have your Orochi Iori, Kyo, & Iori Team... just two of them have to be ratio ones. Or you can be sadistic and have your Terry/Geese team that everyone has been itching to use... two ratio 2's. Or even more twisted... A Ratio 4 Dan Hibiki!!! (My gaming experience will NOT be complete until I get a chance to do this in arcades, mind you...
biggrin.gif
).

In other words... ,make the Vs. mode of character selection in CvS the actual selection process. Even if Capcom tried to "balance" characters, some characters will obviously have too many advantages. I don't think people would have too much of a problem with this formula... would they?

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Nah, i just hate the ratio system. When ever i play it, i just play in Point Match Mode... in terms of balance any 1 point character can take out a 3 pointer anyway.. and the 4 pointers aren't that great... Akuma's more dangerous in Alpha 3 with his insane juggles than he is in this game....

VinylBoy

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rain:
Nah, i just hate the ratio system. When ever i play it, i just play in Point Match Mode... in terms of balance any 1 point character can take out a 3 pointer anyway.. and the 4 pointers aren't that great... Akuma's more dangerous in Alpha 3 with his insane juggles than he is in this game....

Understandable... although some of this is bound to change with CvS Pro. I guarantee that Vega will become a MONSTER of a character, and a lot of the LP & LK priorities are destined to be changed. Ratio 1 characters are prone to lose some of their effectiveness too... especialy Blanka.
frown.gif

But back to the post... using assignable ratios allows for more options. Sure, just setting everyone at the same ratio may make the game fair, but it really limits the amount of different matches and teams you can make. At least this way, you can team anyone up with anybody, as long as you assign your points correctly. And if any character turned up to have a set of moves that had insane priority (Yamazaki's Grab Super for example), you'd be able to customise a character with the appropiate ratio to be able to at least take the damage, or maybe have enough strength to counter. Thereby, voiding the whole concept of certain ratios being overpowered... to a point, anyhow.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Ever wonder if the whole point of CvS pro is to see if the Ratio system works? Think about it: If Capcom tweak it enough so no-one has any complaints at all about the balance, prioritys etc. They might use it again in CvS2, If they get a load of negative comments like last time, they may scrap Ratios all together, and make it like any other fighting game.

VinylBoy

Ever wonder if the whole point of CvS pro is to see if the Ratio system works? Think about it: If Capcom tweak it enough so no-one has any complaints at all about the balance, prioritys etc. They might use it again in CvS2, If they get a load of negative comments like last time, they may scrap Ratios all together, and make it like any other fighting game.

Hmmm... interesting theory. But even with all the adjustments they can make, they are always going ot be complaints. In Japan, when they unveiled CvS Pro for the first time and had a tournament, there were already complaints from the winners regarding some of the "patented" combos with Balrog (or M. Bison) not working properly. If anything, I think the adjustments will make ratio 1s hit and take damage like ratio 1s, while certain Ratio 2s and 3s get all sorts of benefits and adjustments.

I'm quite certain that the Ratio System will be in CvS2... there's enough support for it from most of the gamers that they won't totally abandon the idea. They could be using CvS Pro as a means to "get rid of the final bugs" before they go nuts with it in CvS2. Or... it's just an evil plot to get more money from us.
biggrin.gif
Either way, I'm getting a DC version. Ratio 4 Dan Hibiki is WORTH $40. hehehehehehehe...

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Yeah, i heard about the Balrog thing... though if you take away his jab-straight punch combo's (As i have heard) he's gonna be a lot weaker. oh, and Dan and Joe are Ratio 4's!??! how did they figure that one out?

Kamui

New Challenger
I have to agree with Rasa on this one, the ratio system is a fantastic concept, but, becuase of the amount of popular chrs bieng shoved into one game fans of certain chrs will have problems with the choices made by Capcom conscerning what ratio certain chrs should be. The system also needs some slight tweaking, although for a first try I think it was fairly successfull. A good idea, just needs some work. I must be the only person that actually wants to see it return in CvS2....

Kamui

New Challenger
Joe and Dan are Ratio 1's, who told you they were ratio 4's??? Look at the current pics of CvS Pro,there only in 1 slot and there also placed directly above the ratio 1's on the chr select screen.

Yeah, i heard about the Balrog thing... though if you take away his jab-straight punch combo's (As i have heard) he's gonna be a lot weaker. oh, and Dan and Joe are Ratio 4's!??! how did they figure that one out?

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
The ratio 4 thing is mentioned in Vinylboy's post... i thought they would be at least Ratio 2, a Ratio 1 Dan sounds fitting to his character, but Joe ratio 1??? He's hardly a joke character. Watch how Capcom Rape him of moves like they did to Kyo and Benimaru
frown.gif

VinylBoy

They're not ratio 4s. Unfortunately, Joe Higashi and Dan Hibiki are going to be Ratio One characters. Which may not necessarily be bad for Joe, but Dan is definitely going ot get screwed.

With the scenario I described earlier about the ratio system being adjustable during regular character selections, it gives someone the option to select a character and set them for any ratio you see fit. Therefore, a person (logically) could have a Ratio 4 Dan Hibiki. You should be able to do this on the home version of CvS Pro when it's released, in Vs. mode, but it would be much better if the Vs. mode selection process was the actual way to select characters in CvS in general.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Man, I hate that! Both of them are gonna be screwed! Dan will be made into even more of a taunt character with a new Super Taunt (Woohoo) while Joe will possibly have about 3 moves...
frown.gif
still, i hope that at least Ryo and Dan will have a proper special intro... that would be cool.....

VinylBoy

Man, I hate that! Both of them are gonna be screwed! Dan will be made into even more of a taunt character with a new Super Taunt (Woohoo) while Joe will possibly have about 3 moves...
frown.gif
still, i hope that at least Ryo and Dan will have a proper special intro... that would be cool.....

I kinda think Joe will be okay. His Tiger Knee has always had some level of insane priority, so that should remain constant. Give him his regular Tornado Upper projectile and sliding foot sweep. They'd probably split his extra overhead kick and his rapid fire punch between regular and EX versions. And, of course, the Screw Upper (which is probably the strongest super ever in SNK land, next to the Raging Storm).

Dan is who I think is going to get the worst of it... that is, unless they allow his EX version be his Alpha 3 version. That way, he can maintain his short Gale kick that has crazy priority, like Joe's Tiger Knee.

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited April 25, 2001).]

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Is it just me, or in the pictures of Dan from CVSP, he looks like he has designer stubble? Just kinda reminded me of when Ryu got some in SF2CE.....