Just played for 1st time ever... Capcom vs. SNK!

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
I haven't been to arcades much anymore, but I did last night. I saw Capcom vs. SNK and decided to play it.

It reminds me of old school 2D fighting gameplay. I don't know why, but the Alpha and the VS. series never gave me that feeling before.

There was something magicial about CvSNK's engine that I felt like it was a hot summer day back in 1992 where I would play arcades in my younger and more carefree days.

So that was a plus for me. The game, however, is way too easy! Oh well, I enjoyed playing it and I think it's a great, great fighter.

I just wish.... of course..... that Hanzou or Fuuma or Mudman or Dragon or Captain Kidd was in it... but of course ADK own the rights to the World Heroes.

Ah well, oh and I noticed that the game's engine seems to favor the Capcom combatants and people I have spoken to say the same thing!

Fantastic fighter.
smile.gif

------------------
"Good Night, Fuuma... Boodayakann!" -Hanzou

B

Bobak!

I've played it in the arcade and a friend's Dreamcast port and they're almost identical. I like the game a lot, the different features on the home version make it a great party game.

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

I too discovered this game for myself about 2 months ago while on vacation. Spent about $20 in the arcade on it.

Then, I got the DC version. If you own a DC, this game MUST be in your library (joystick helps too). However, unless you got many friends coming over to help you earn Vs. Points (needed to unlock anything), get a Gameshark to unlock everything. I have almost all secrets unlocked, but no Vs. Points to activate them.

I thought it was a great game with one problem, the two different styles of artwork really killed it for me. You had Snk's highly detailed fighters which made Cap's fighters look kind of cartoony. I know it's a little thing but still It just made the game not work for me.

M

Magitek_X

I think this belongs in the Capcom vs SNK forum. Don't you guys agree?

I'm all for the forum move, but going back on topic...

...You guys have ADD or something. I've played the whole thing and unlocked everything TWICE. I'm working on doing that a third time. Do I get sick of it?!

Actually, yes I do. But it's hypnotic, nonetheless.

------------------
The sad thing about humor today is the fact all jokes contain little more than an obscure adjective, noun, or whatever and some other stupid piece of intellectual observation. This following line is no exception in the race for the cheapest laugh.

B

Bobak!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EvilMattMUN:
I'm all for the forum move, but going back on topic...

Done...

M

Magitek_X

I haven't played this game in a while but I think it's good. It definetely has things that suck(toning down of SNK characters and the ration system) but it's playable.

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Ah, diffirences between the arcade and DC... I always love to compare two versions of games.

What diffirences did you notice? Details please, I love'em
smile.gif

M

Magitek_X

Well the only known difference is that you can't run in the arcade mode. You can only dash.

Damn, if I could run in that game my Iori/Chun Li team would be invincible!

------------------
VERTEBREAKER!!!

koolking

Super Spy Agent
I know what you mean when I first played CvS I was awstruck visually. Gameplay wise I wans't that impressed.
---------------------------
Nasakenai

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
Magitek_X, There is an option in the DC version of Capcom vs SNK (which is hidden) which allows you to run rather than dash.

------------------
Sonomama Shine....
Beware of the wrath of Burning Batsu!.... and Dan's Super Taunts!!!

S

ShinYagami

It's a decent game; it takes a while to unlock everything without a VMU save.

My favorite secret was the original music.