SNK main character swap for CvS2

Rugal 3:16

Quiz Detective
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Taiso:

Omega Rugal was not a COMBINATION of Geese and Krauser. Perish the thought entirely. He was a CROSS between the two. Sure, he was supercharged with Orochi power, but so what? I'd say a ressurected Geese with the power of the Jin scrolls is a match for Omega Rugal any day, and Terry put him down all the same

sorry but i have to GREATLY and ADAMANTLY disagree on this

you see.. Rugal IS concepted to be a combination OF BOTH Geese and Krauser.. why?

TO show his superiority .. that's why he has the reppuken and kaiser wave not only is it an indication of his superiority OVER THE TWO (G and K) BUT SNK was rubbing IN the fact. sure you might say Rugal ONLY has one of each's moves BUT that IS ONLY for gameplay reasons, Plus SNK confirmed Rugal's powers to be COPYING those energy signatures of his opponents as well as their styles and improve on them by his way AND still generate his own moves, Rugal IS capable of doint the double reppuken, the leg tomahawk, the Blitz ball, the body blows, the jai ei ken, EVEN the raging storm and deadly Rave If he wishes only the Computer couln't put in such memory, Geese masters the scrolls, Fine Rugal can just look at him and learn the scrolls energy by duplicating it's signature energy pattern and use it on himself, Plus the Orochi is more powerful than the scrolls..

Proof.

The scrolls only span across the Fatal Fury saga, if it was a bigger threat than the orochi THEN SNK would make it as the prime power struggle in the KOF 95-97 era. but it's not

PLus Geese can't do well against Three people as much as Rugal does, you might say Rugal lost in 94 and 95 BUT THAT IS ONLY because of the concept of "Good Guys always win" Plus Geese was beaten By ONE MAN only Terry, also when Geese enetered KOF 96 he still had a team, you might say he's just using them storywise but Structural wise WHY WOULD SNK PUT GEESE IN A TEAM IF THEY KNEW HE WAS CAPABLE OF BEING A KOF BOSS (someone who fights 3 people) Plus his team is not only a normal team It's a team of THREE BOSSES (in CvS terms it's like 3 Ratio 3's) against a KOF Boss Goenitz (who is supposedly Ratio 9 If you approximate it in KOF power level) Rugal is in the same Leugue as Goenitz in KOF, Geese is not a KOF Boss, sure you might say Goenitz is stronger than Rugal But let's say Geese, Krausert and Big where in KOF 94' I'm sure you would also have to fight them BEFORE Rugal, meaning

Kof Boss > Fatal Fury Boss
plus if we have a Geese without the scrolls (Fatal Fury 1 Geese) against Rugal without orochi (KOF 94') [sure you might say Rugal siphoned it already before 94 BUT HE STILL DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT, therefore it's Orochi-less Rugal, PLUS if Rugal was already using the orochi power in 94 THERE WOULD BE NO distinction of being an Omga Rugal, you might argue they have thje same moves BUT AGAIN that is gameplay-reasons, they just combined a playable Rugal with a story of a powered up Rugal concpt]

so it's proof that Rugal is superior in power when they don't have anything
when we have Rugal with orochi power vs Geese with scrolls, Rugal woulkd still be more powerful because as i said and proved that the orochi is more powerful than the scrolls
if say we both have Both Geese and Rugal learned BOTH the scrolls and orochi Rugal is still more powerful because we take basis to number 1.

the judgement here is Geese = Vegeta, Krauser = Gokou. Gokou + Vegeta = Vegetto so Geese + Krauser = Rugal (you might say Rugal is a separate person as compared to the vegetto persona BUT the concept is simmilar Rugal was created by SNK TO BE STRONGER than NOT JUST Geese but both Geese and Krauser, not only is it a showcase they are rubbing it in. the reason why Rugal didn't have all of Geese and Krauser's moves was because of gameplay related reasons (not to mention he would be so cheap)

also maybe they had a RANDOM drawing of selecting One of Geese's and one of Krauser's moves and out of a lot the two moves that came out were the reppuken and kaiser wave as much as memory can handle it, but think of it Rugal COULD have been given the raging storm and the blitz balls instead.

about Terry vs Kyo I like Terry Better BUT Kyo is stronger he beat Terry in KOF 94' in a stunning upset and i guess Setsuna X can explain it better..

but my point is

KOF Boss (Rugal, Goenitz, etc.) is MADE by SNK TO BE STRONGER than FatalFury/AOF Bosses (Geese, Krauser, Big, WYLER)

otherwise Geese, Krauser, Big would have been the KOF boss and Rugal would just be the boss of a ONE on ONE game like Fatal Fury.

------------------
I'm goin up I'm comin' in.. pull em' down and let's ***********IN

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I read the last post, and politely say that it's bunk
smile.gif

I'm not going to get into a debate about which boss is stronger. Arguing which main character is stronger really taxed me out on the whole 'who would win, Superman or Son Goku' type thingy.

I'm posting this to tell you that while I have the impetus to debate the point, I don't have the energy to follow through. So I'll pleasantly disagree with you and say that my comments regarding Rugal and Geese from prior posts in this thread remain the same. Agree or disagree, I just don't have the enthusiasm to discuss it anymore.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

You've only said the same thing that others have in a different way. You haven't changed my mind but I appreciate you trying to prove me wrong for the satisfaction of KOF/Kyo fans. FF fans are still, by and large, going to take my stance. KOF fans are going to take yours. Nothing else can be done about it.

I will comment on one thing, though. And here it is:

>>about Terry vs Kyo I like Terry Better BUT Kyo is stronger he beat Terry in KOF 94' in a stunning upset and i guess Setsuna X can explain it better..<<

It doesn't matter to me what Setsuna X has to say about it (and I'm sure he/she/it is a nice person).

I've been there since the beginning with FF 1, have compiled all the source materials, read all the Neo Geo Freak articles that my Japanese reading friends have been generous enough to translate for me, read all the non-canon spinoff mangas, watched the non-canon related anime and researched the topic heavily. My prior posts on this thread should adequately indicate all of that.

I feel I know as much as anybody on the subject and until I sit in the offices of SNK Japan talking to the creators and hearing them tell me otherwise, it's going to take a much more convincing argument than what you've pitched to change my mind.

I'm not saying your comments aren't important. You seem intense enough to educate yourself about it to a degree that makes you comfortable. I respect that. My response is a perfect indication that I feel strongly, for some silly reason, about this subject. If I didn't care about what you had to say, I simply wouldn't respond.

It just that your comments happen to be in opposition to what my own extensive deliberations have led to. I hope you understand. I'm not 'dissing' you
smile.gif

Terry is still the strongest
smile.gif
!

Nyah nyah
smile.gif
!

------------------
hanzo.gif

Taiso
'Because of my bloody life, it was no accident that I was involved in the troubles...'

Quiz Detective
well I have proven valid unbiased points but that doesn't mean i don't respect anything you might have, like I said I LIKE TERRY BETTER THAN KYO But I will admit Kyo is stonger (don't have much time to prove it too, coz i won't be posting tomorrow or sometimes soon fter this) soI won't let bias get in my way, the fact is Rugal is stronger than Geese and there's even no sign of bias in my presentation agree or disagree it's as valid as i have basis to prove it, well even if Geese was stronger I wouldn't mind because i don't judege a fighter like "he has to be the strongest in order to be my favorite" well let's jut leave it that

Nothing I ill say will make you change your opinion

and Nothing you can say is going to make me change mine about Five times as much in proportion to being adamant.

BTW do you know chi?

Quiz Detective
well I don't need any "standard of judgement" or any phrase that makes you fel comfortable as to think it's also enough to convince me this and that, as I ould not like to limit myself to a form of understanding that limits itself to what any perpetrator ellaborates it in it's equity, you sounded like you want to target me directly but i'm not going idle, i'm just saying, THIS IS A FORUM many can agree and disagree it's a two-way process. have a nice day

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
>>you sounded like you want to target me directly but i'm not going idle,<<

I understand. I wasn't 'targeting' anyone. If my comments made you feel like you were being lined up in crosshairs, I'm sorry. I certainly didn't mean for them to come out that way. I thought we were just having a discussion about video games.

I also don't interpret any lack of posting on your part as acquiescing to my point of view or 'giving up' or anything like that. Like me, you and Shin_Kyo (a cool cat in my book) probably figure you can only say so much before it feels like you're beating a dead horse. Or maybe you've got more important things to do than argue video game character priorities. Or maybe you just don't have the time for it.

On internet forums there is a tendency to see a lack of activity on one side's part during a debate as 'giving up' or 'admitting defeat' when the truth of the matter is usually that there's just nothing else to say.

>>i'm just saying, THIS IS A FORUM many can agree and disagree it's a two-way process.<<

I couldn't agree with this statement more. I thought that's what we were doing.

>>have a nice day<<

This just seems pointed to me. Why the sarcastic afterthought?

I respect you and your views on Rugal and Kyo. I'm just saying, in the nicest way possible, based on the conclusions I've come to, that I think you're wrong. You think I'm wrong. I'm cool with that. So let's be nice to each other, okay?

Edited to include the following:

>>BTW do you know chi?<<

No, but I've read about this one in a couple of other threads. Why do you ask?

------------------
hanzo.gif

Taiso
'Because of my bloody life, it was no accident that I was involved in the troubles...'

[This message has been edited by Taiso (edited April 30, 2001).]

fomaman

King's Dry Cleaner
whatever- i don't give a fuck who's stronger
or more powerful, just who's COOLER and more
of a bad ass and whether they are more powerful than rugal or not, geese and krauser
both blow him away in terms of storyline and character design and personality. for those
reasons, they'll always be my favorite villains and i'm sure i speak for a lot of
KOF and FF fans when i say that an appearance
from them in a future KOF storyline/game would be awesome. btw, i think terry could probably kick kyo's ass. the guy's just got
more heart.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fomaman:
whatever- i don't give a fuck who's stronger
or more powerful, just who's COOLER and more
of a bad ass and whether they are more powerful than rugal or not, geese and krauser
both blow him away in terms of storyline and character design and personality. for those
reasons, they'll always be my favorite villains and i'm sure i speak for a lot of
KOF and FF fans when i say that an appearance
from them in a future KOF storyline/game would be awesome. btw, i think terry could probably kick kyo's ass. the guy's just got
more heart.

Damn straight! Rugal is the best KOF boss though, with IMHO Goenitz second... Orochi is perhaps third.

Tekyo

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Well Kyo won in the Kof 94(Actually Snk say that Terry threw the fight) And other is that Terry only enter in the King of Fighters to improve and fun. He don´t have nothing to do with the Orochi story so Terry wasn´t the Main guy in Kof series but The stronger yes indeed he is the Strongest of All the Snk fighters.
Even in a comic of Andy Seto Kyo says this:

Terry, your determination was always stronger than mine. I believe that before i got this strong you could have won the tournaments yourself

HIDDEN WARRIOR

Ninja Combat Warrior
From my highly extensive research I must completely agree with you RUGAL 3:16.Its surprising to me that even now there are those that believe terry can beat kyo.Its absurd.

As for who won RBS/RB 2?nobody RAIN.It never happened story-wise.

As for the weapon vs. non-weapon match.Assuming two fighters are of equal skill and power,lets say its haohmaru vs. ryu,Its obvious who would win.The former.After giving each other equal amount of blows,the sword will do more damage.It might end in a double KO but hours after,haohmaru would wake bruised and beaten but ryu would probably have died from blood loss or be in a coma.

Krusader

Rugal's Thug
Why is it so absurd to see Terry stronger than Kyo? In many ways I think so myself, and it's not my preferences. It's just the whole style of KOF and FF and the storyline.

Sure Kyo is powerful because of his flames, but he is also inexperienced. Terry has much more fighting experience and he pretty much trains around the world, like Ryu does. Kyo is stil in highschool and learned techniques from his father. Basically Kyo has fighting skills and his flames while Terry has fighting skills and experience. It's all a matter of opinion from then on.

I can't really see what real facts prevent this otherwise. If you bring up any KOF storyline, it can all be easily disregarded. We all know who the story will favour since it's done manga-style. I mean the mythical battle with Orochi, the whole Nests Cartel conspiracy... It all centers around Kyo of course, because he's the main character. The Fatal Fury series never really did focus on storyline that much. They did have backdrops for the characters and even had intertwining/coherent storylines, but nothing that really stands out. That's why Terry seems so inferior.

So other than storyline and the fact that Kyo can produce flames, how is he stronger than Terry?

L

Lockheed

I also think Terry is the most powerful SNK hero of them all. In regards to experience, Terry is older, but Kyo has had his father to train him virtually his entire life, while Terry (from what I've gathered) only started to really bust his butt after his father died, and even then trained on his own.

Also, look at Terry's fighting code. He doesn't fight to win. He fights for the fight itself, for the enjoyment, for the experience, because it's just something he loves to do. Both in and out of the fight, he's a happy-go-lucky sort. Meanwhile, Kyo has this entire storyline based around him and the destiny of him and his family/rival clans. It's kind of a no-brainer why he's the main focus of the storyline, don't you think?

Heck, Liu Kang defeated Shang Tsung in Mortal Kombat, but does that make him more powerful than, say, Rayden? Not by a long shot!

Kyo is a great fighter, but I just don't see him being more powerful than Terry at all.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by HIDDEN WARRIOR:
<STRONG>From my highly extensive research I must completely agree with you RUGAL 3:16.Its surprising to me that even now there are those that believe terry can beat kyo.Its absurd.

As for who won RBS/RB 2?nobody RAIN.It never happened story-wise.

As for the weapon vs. non-weapon match.Assuming two fighters are of equal skill and power,lets say its haohmaru vs. ryu,Its obvious who would win.The former.After giving each other equal amount of blows,the sword will do more damage.It might end in a double KO but hours after,haohmaru would wake bruised and beaten but ryu would probably have died from blood loss or be in a coma.</STRONG>

Real Bout Special DID happen. Only the fight against Geese is considered a Dream Match. Hence, the tag "Nightmare Geese"

HIDDEN WARRIOR

Ninja Combat Warrior
Believe what you want rain;its to no personal cost of mine what you wish to believe.

Im surprised,no im shocked to believe there are still,in this day and age,people who believe that terry is stronger then kyo despite official snk proof of the opposite.I thought only those from the gamefaqs.com forums were so mislead.Im sure in time you will see what im saying.It wont hit you now but perhaps in 5 years you'll understand.So please speak to me on this very subject in 5 years and let me hear what new info you have learned on the matter.Abayo

Tekyo

Tarma's Gun Polisher
<STRONG>Believe what you want rain;its to no personal cost of mine what you wish to believe.

Im surprised,no im shocked to believe there are still,in this day and age,people who believe that terry is stronger then kyo despite official snk proof of the opposite.I thought only those from the gamefaqs.com forums were so mislead.Im sure in time you will see what im saying.It wont hit you now but perhaps in 5 years you'll understand.So please speak to me on this very subject in 5 years and let me hear what new info you have learned on the matter.Abayo</STRONG>

You don´t know the story man. Maybe I don´t hae the magazine but I only based in the game. And Terry is the best Snk fighter ever too far

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
<STRONG>Believe what you want rain;its to no personal cost of mine what you wish to believe.

Im surprised,no im shocked to believe there are still,in this day and age,people who believe that terry is stronger then kyo despite official snk proof of the opposite.I thought only those from the gamefaqs.com forums were so mislead.Im sure in time you will see what im saying.It wont hit you now but perhaps in 5 years you'll understand.So please speak to me on this very subject in 5 years and let me hear what new info you have learned on the matter.Abayo</STRONG>

Thanks, I don't care what you think either :) Joke. Anyway, Terry is stronger than Kyo. Remember that Kyo is still learning to be a truely great fighter, and Terry is at the top of his game at the moment. In a few years Kyo will more than likely be at Terrys power level. Until then, Terry is stronger.

A

ANOTHER STRIKER

Main character swap...pardon my lack of knowledge but who are the new characters in CVS2???
(Would'nt one of them become main character???)

[ May 07, 2001: Message edited by: ANOTHER STRIKER ]

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
Originally posted by ANOTHER STRIKER:
<STRONG>Main character swap...pardon my lack of knowledge but who are the new characters in CVS2???
(Would'nt one of them become main character???)

[ May 07, 2001: Message edited by: ANOTHER STRIKER ]</STRONG>

chara03s.gif
Well, the new characters are Yun (Street Fighter 3 series), Hoahmaru (Samurai Shodown), Athena Assimiya (King of Fighters) and me, Kyosuke(Project Justice/Rival Schools). I hope that helped ;)

chara03s.gif
Edit: That's just the first set of new characters which are announced. Dan and Joe from CvS Pro will be in CvS2.

[ May 07, 2001: Message edited by: Batsu_Power ]

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
look guys i also agree that it was an error to put kyo as main. terry deserves that place and we as gamers prove our point. however let's not forget the guys from metal slug and samurai spirits and last blade. these guys also deserve a spot just like megaman.

here is my list of who should rival with who
kyo-terry
gouki-iori
sean-rock
sakura-shingo
clark-zangief
k'-ken
kyo-morrigan or someone superior in other game
the guy from metal slug-megaman
geese-bison
orochi-gill
sagat-laurence blood

but let's face it leona, kyo,haomaru,kaede,morrigan,rugal,
oh well that is all ican think of that need nemesis in snk-cap

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Originally posted by Batsu_Power:
<STRONG>
chara03s.gif
Well, the new characters are Yun (Street Fighter 3 series), Hoahmaru (Samurai Shodown), Athena Assimiya (King of Fighters) and me, Kyosuke(Project Justice/Rival Schools). I hope that helped ;)

chara03s.gif
Edit: That's just the first set of new characters which are announced. Dan and Joe from CvS Pro will be in CvS2.

[ May 07, 2001: Message edited by: Batsu_Power ]</STRONG>

What about Lilith?? She was one of the first two characters announced, along with Athena.

RiotoftheBlood

Chin's Drinking Partner
Originally posted by jeff bogard:
<STRONG>look guys i also agree that it was an error to put kyo as main. terry deserves that place and we as gamers prove our point. however let's not forget the guys from metal slug and samurai spirits and last blade. these guys also deserve a spot just like megaman.

here is my list of who should rival with who
kyo-terry
gouki-iori
sean-rock
sakura-shingo
clark-zangief
k'-ken
kyo-morrigan or someone superior in other game
the guy from metal slug-megaman
geese-bison
orochi-gill
sagat-laurence blood

but let's face it leona, kyo,haomaru,kaede,morrigan,rugal,
oh well that is all ican think of that need nemesis in snk-cap</STRONG>

Megaman hasn't been in any of the CvS games, and for good reason. CvS is more of a pure fighting game than Marvel vs. Capcom, and it should stay that way. The same goes for Nemesis. Besides, no matter what you hit Nemsis with, you couldn't K.O. him before the timer ran out. If anything Nemesis may have made a good boss for MvC2.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I think CvS needs to stick to the SF and KOF universes. I like Megaman, Metal Slug, Last Blade and Vampire and all of those other games, but none of those series are natural matchups for the two universes that inspired the game to begin with. I don't want characters like Megaman or people with guns like Marco or Fio to be a part of this series.

I was disappointed that Morrigan and Nakoruru were included at the expense of characters like Guy, Cody, Haggar, Alex, K', Eiji, Robert and Andy. I'm also disappointed that characters like Haohmaru from SS are showing up. Please don't misunderstand; I LOVE SS (I'm a BIG fan of samurai/sengoku period stuff). It's just that there are characters from the more established parts of the respective universes that I'd rather see in the game. Am I forever going to be denied my desire to truly see a Ken vs. Andy fight just to be able to play Haohmaru and Morrigan?

I kind of like the fact that they adhered to some form of time period consistency in the first game (except for the two secret characters). Nakoruru and Morrigan just don't fit with the rest of the characters. I would prefer that the game stick to its old school roots and have some kind of storyline that takes a stab at making sense rather than throw a bunch of gimmick characters in there just for variety's sake.

I know the series is called Capcom VS SNK and not Street Fighter II vs King Of Fighters. But the reason the game came into existence is because the SF and KOF characters seemed to match up perfectly with one another and the mere thought of a Ryu vs. Terry fight begged the question 'who really IS the strongest?' in everybody's minds.

I'd rather have characters like Andy and Guy before characters like Haohmaru and Morrigan. Rival Schools is okay, I guess. At least it's 'street fighter-ish' enough to seem like a natural inclusion. Kyosuke's an odd choice to me, though. I'd rather see Batsu and Akira :).

HIDDEN WARRIOR

Ninja Combat Warrior
to tekyo:I dont know the story?Thats my line to you.

to rain:You know what the real joke is?By stating that im wrong is the same as saying snk's own writers are wrong;and who are you to tell snk they are wrong.If you wish to believe lies then so be it,I will not try to convince you otherwise.You obviously took my previous reply as a challenge or an insult.Youre misunderstanding not mine.It was never either a challenge nor an insult.It was a simple statement:I dont care what you think.I'll tell you what rain,i'll go a step further.How about you list the reasons why you think terry is stronger then kyo.But i'll tell you one thing;every one of your reasons I will see coming and have heard before.You will not surprise me.I will find each and every flaw in your logic.Nothing will be new to me.Already you have given me ammunition you see.You have stated to me your first reason why you think that terry is stronger then kyo.Because kyo is training but terry isnt?BWAAHAAAHAAAAA!then explain why terry all of a sudden learned a new move one day called the power geyser?But it doesnt end there.One day terry learns another new move called the power dunk then he learns the triple geyser.But it doesnt end there.His training continues.Later on he learns the round wave then the bashing sway.Then the power charge then the high angle geyser then the fire kick then the power drive then the power shoot then the overheat geyser then the heat up geyser.recently(sort of because MOTW takes place in 2008 thus in the future)terry learns the buster wolf.Seems like your buddy terry has been training well dont you?And even learns a new super in the near future?Are you getting at what im saying rain?There all training and perfecting their fighting skills.All of them.kyo,terry,andy,joe,ryo,robert,benimaru,kim,iori,jhun,hinako,heidern,athena,etc etc.
It doesnt seem that you know terry very well rain.Ask terry yourself.He would tell you that he is still training.I have asked him personally.Im the mighty krauser and he told me he still trains to one day beat me.I hope this isnt the full extent of your logic rain.I find it lacking but I hope you take my challenge anyway.Already,if this was a court case,I have put dought into the minds of the jury;and this is only my opening statement.......

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
<STRONG>to tekyo:I dont know the story?Thats my line to you.

to rain:You know what the real joke is?By stating that im wrong is the same as saying snk's own writers are wrong;and who are you to tell snk they are wrong.If you wish to believe lies then so be it,I will not try to convince you otherwise.You obviously took my previous reply as a challenge or an insult.Youre misunderstanding not mine.It was never either a challenge nor an insult.It was a simple statement:I dont care what you think.I'll tell you what rain,i'll go a step further.How about you list the reasons why you think terry is stronger then kyo.But i'll tell you one thing;every one of your reasons I will see coming and have heard before.You will not surprise me.I will find each and every flaw in your logic.Nothing will be new to me.Already you have given me ammunition you see.You have stated to me your first reason why you think that terry is stronger then kyo.Because kyo is training but terry isnt?BWAAHAAAHAAAAA!then explain why terry all of a sudden learned a new move one day called the power geyser?But it doesnt end there.One day terry learns another new move called the power dunk then he learns the triple geyser.But it doesnt end there.His training continues.Later on he learns the round wave then the bashing sway.Then the power charge then the high angle geyser then the fire kick then the power drive then the power shoot then the overheat geyser then the heat up geyser.recently(sort of because MOTW takes place in 2008 thus in the future)terry learns the buster wolf.Seems like your buddy terry has been training well dont you?And even learns a new super in the near future?Are you getting at what im saying rain?There all training and perfecting their fighting skills.All of them.kyo,terry,andy,joe,ryo,robert,benimaru,kim,iori,jhun,hinako,heidern,athena,etc etc.
It doesnt seem that you know terry very well rain.Ask terry yourself.He would tell you that he is still training.I have asked him personally.Im the mighty krauser and he told me he still trains to one day beat me.I hope this isnt the full extent of your logic rain.I find it lacking but I hope you take my challenge anyway.Already,if this was a court case,I have put dought into the minds of the jury;and this is only my opening statement.......</STRONG>

1st Point: I never said Terry wasn't training. Reread my post and you'll see this.

2nd Point: Terry beat Krauser in FF2 and RBFFS.

3rd Point:
I have no interest in this feeble "Challenge" as you said yourself, you've heard all of my arguments before. Face it. Whatever I say, you won't listen, you'll just go on and on about how Kyo is better at this, Kyo is better at that.... Its pointless man... Unless YOU can give me a steller reason why Kyo is much stronger, I have no interest in this topic :)

4th Point: It was neither a challenge or an insult. Check how it says "Joke" afterwards.... you really should read my last post a bit better next time.....

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Yo.

Hidden.

Please...relax.

There's no reason to attack anyone over this. Your anger is showing in your posts and this subject matter really isn't important enough to get bent out of shape over it. Your most recent response was very arrogant and acid laced, which shows me that while you claim not to care, you very much do. Maybe too much if you have no reservations about insulting others about it.

Rain was just joking around with you. He was trying to be friendly in his own way and have some fun with the comments being said around here. He didn't mean to be insulting by it.

I like you, Hidden Warrior. You're intense and you care a lot about the things you post. When the ON/NG thing was big news, you were right at the forefront fighting your battle. I respected the boldness of that, so please don't take this to mean I have anything less than admiration for your beliefs.

I'd like to think that we can just have a pleasant conversation about these things we care so much about, have some interesting discourse and when agreements can't be reached simply agree to disagree. We shouldn't get ugly about it just because one person won't see things from another person's viewpoint based on his own experiences.

I've read the SNK press releases (or had them read to me when they were in Japanese), and every year their story changes. I've read (or again, have had read to me) the manga, short stories, passages in Japanese strategy guides and all of that stuff. I have an Asahiya Books within driving distance, and believe you me I buy it all. The soundtracks, the strategy guides, the artbooks, the toys, all of it (especially the games). And I read all of the literature that comes with it, too. So trust me when I say that my knowledge on SNK continuity is pretty extensive.

On a semi unrelated note, while my actual neo collection isn't as great as some others around here, if you included all of the peripheral stuff my collection would rival almost anybody's, I think.

Back to relevance (sorry!), the continuity is there, but it's obvious we care about it more than SNK does. You're taking what you've read as the truth and it's upsetting you that other people have ALSO decided on the truth based on their experiences. Everyone's experiences are what they are. You think Kyo's stronger. Fine. Rain thinks Terry's stronger. Great. You could argue until you're blue in the face and so could he, but that would be a fruitless gesture (and Rain realizes that). That's really why I stopped posting major comments on this thread to begin with. There was nothing else to say.

If people won't agree with me after everything I've said on the topic, then that's that. I'm happy with my efforts to determine SNK's pecking order, and if others want to disagree with that (like you) that's cool.

But we shouldn't be mean spirited about all of this. It's just video games, y'know?

So let's all have fun with it, like we're supposed to.

Okay?

Cheers?

*offers Hidden Warrior a drink from his gourd of sake*

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Once again your the voice of reason Taiso ;)True, thats what I stated in my last post, it was a kinda pointless argument so I decided to end it. We stick up for our favourite characters like the fans that we are. I think that Kyo is a great fighter, and lately i've been using him way more than Terry. So lets be friends man after all wer'e all here for the same reason ;)

*Offers HIDDEN a Cool Bud*

[ May 08, 2001: Message edited by: Rain ]