HEY

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I wouldn't say that every character was basically complete. Terry, as he was, didn't
have his Power Dunk and Geese was missing some moves like his Evil Spirit Smash.
I think those moves should have been available from the very beginning --- I didn't
particularly like the idea of unlocking EX versions of my favorite SNK characters.
To each his own....
biggrin.gif

------------------
rbsterry.gif

NeoLord
Neo-News and much more!
http://neonews.cjb.net

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Whip's Disciple:
Actually Vinylboy, every move does have to be utilized when playing someone experienced, even the most useless move, can bring a whole new level and depth to one's gameplay.

That's true... but in many instances an opponent will trty and stick to what they know when matches get down to the wire.

For instance, I know that Chin's Wine Sip in KOF99 and 2K has a weird sense of priority when used regularly, and can be used in combos for an added insult. The problem is that this move (when initially done) does not take off any energy. It does set you up to use a couple of extra moves temporary, however, it's a big risk to take just to get use of a couple of moves because of the severe lag time after you do it. That's why I usually don't take advantage of the move, but will throw it in once in a while to try and "frustrate" my opponent.

One of the reasons why I enjoy SNK fighters so much is because characters have so many moves to utilize. You can find 5 different players and they will have an entirely different strategy to fight the same character... unlike most characters in Capcom games where the limited number of special moves pretty much limits the number of uses to about 2 or 3.

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
CvS2 will make it, count on it.

Capcom has always been good with Sega, even if they do take forever to release the games.

W

Whip's Disciple

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VinylBoy:
That's true... but in many instances an opponent will trty and stick to what they know when matches get down to the wire.

For instance, I know that Chin's Wine Sip in KOF99 and 2K has a weird sense of priority when used regularly, and can be used in combos for an added insult. The problem is that this move (when initially done) does not take off any energy. It does set you up to use a couple of extra moves temporary, however, it's a big risk to take just to get use of a couple of moves because of the severe lag time after you do it. That's why I usually don't take advantage of the move, but will throw it in once in a while to try and "frustrate" my opponent.

One of the reasons why I enjoy SNK fighters so much is because characters have so many moves to utilize. You can find 5 different players and they will have an entirely different strategy to fight the same character... unlike most characters in Capcom games where the limited number of special moves pretty much limits the number of uses to about 2 or 3.

The weird thing about Chin's wine sip, i've seen some people do this. They combo the weak version, which seems to guard crush. Or push you back really far, hence giving you a safe time space. Then again, if you want to win with Chin you can be cheap.

Dwn, Dwn B or D then Up D to counter every jumpkick, roll, dm, you name it. The cheapest crap in the arcade. I don't suggest using it unless you want your opponent to break your face after the match.

VinylBoy

The weird thing about Chin's wine sip, i've seen some people do this. They combo the weak version, which seems to guard crush. Or push you back really far, hence giving you a safe time space. Then again, if you want to win with Chin you can be cheap.

That's exactly what I was referring to with Chin's Wine Sip. If you throw it in a combo, like Jumping C, Standing C, Wine Sip, the fourth hit doesn't register for damage but it knocks your opponent far enough from range for you to recover. And in most instances, an opponent will try and retaliate after such a humiliating looking combo.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Dwn, Dwn B or D then Up D to counter every jumpkick, roll, dm, you name it. The cheapest crap in the arcade. I don't suggest using it unless you want your opponent to break your face after the match.

Hmmmm... guess I'm kinda guilty, for I've been using this move a LOT since he was given it in KOF '96. Grant it, now that I know how to use his autoguard better I don't always rely on it, but people do get frustrated when I do that move every so often. Never heard it referred as being cheap, however... especially against Kim players who are clever enough to do his super right when I'm about to do the maneuver.

W

Whip's Disciple

Well, it's easy to beat if you just play with some patience. The guy wants to wait lying on the ground? So wait...when he gets desperate, he'll attack, you'll win. Hurah!

S

ShinYagami

My take on CvS:

I feel that some characters from SNK were toned down ( Kyo especially, but he still has his selling points ) but on the other hand, they have some Ratio 1 monsters; King and Benimaru. Iori was damn near omnipotent during Beta testing, but that was changed. Can't wait for CvS2 or Pro for that matter.

As far as my expectations went; I expected more, as far as characters. But the game stood well for its first crossover outing, sans the Super Combo Assist Orgy known as MvC2.

I also think that the sprites were done well. They did better than Capcom's recycled sprites, Yamazaki, Vice, Iori, and Rugal were done well in my eyes.

The change back to the old skinny Bison was suprising. Now if Capcom can work on their own...

My guess for Millionaire Fight 2001 could hintthe sponsor of the tournament...not quite sure. Interesting choice for a name though.

------------------
" I will not be denied. "

VinylBoy

Well, it's easy to beat if you just play with some patience. The guy wants to wait lying on the ground? So wait...when he gets desperate, he'll attack, you'll win. Hurah!

Trust me... there are tons of ways around the whole lying on the ground technique with Chin. For one, this move won't do well against most foot sweeps. Hence why characters like Kensou, Kyo or other people with good footsweep range can counter this. Also, characters like Terry and Iori can simply ground fireball themselves to oblivion and prevent Chin from ever laying on the ground. And since both of these characters have great anti-air moves, it makes things a lot tougher for Chin.

We should play each other one of these days... we can take turns beating the &@#! out of each other in KOF with Chin and Bao.
biggrin.gif