teams in capcom vs snk 3

Kula

Quiz Detective
Wouldnt that be cool if they had the set up like king of fighters with 3 people in a team or even 4 people, like have strikers similar to marvel vs capcom 2, o boy that would be so great you could swap between kyo and iori while fighting ken and ryu and chunli with dan as a striker.

you get what my wierd brain means?

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Hmm...A proper tag team system would be great...

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
God no. I haven't played one tag team fighter yet that I enjoyed. Ugh! Strikers/Assist has got to my least favorite addition to fighting games since autoguard.

Apathy Wind

Cheng's Errand Boy
Originally posted by YeldellGW:
<strong>God no. I haven't played one tag team fighter yet that I enjoyed. Ugh! Strikers/Assist has got to my least favorite addition to fighting games since autoguard.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Gotta back YeldellGW on this one. The CvS series is developing into a respectable fighting series. Sticking in things like tagging, air raves, and strikers is a step in the wrong direction. Save that stuff for Marvel vs. SNK vs. Capcom.

Kula

Quiz Detective
No no no listen to what i mean because i totally respect your fears towards that idea.
Ok
1. it wouldnt be insane tagging option
2. it wouldnt be like strikers
3. you can tag between 3 members while playing

so just for an extra option wouldnt it be fun because you would be able to play as a proper team that works together on each match and also swap players through out the match.

I think that would rule

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
This type of game should not have tagging ins and outs enabled.It spoils the classical feel that CvS has.Also having strikers makes it worse.Keep it 1 on 1 or the team play that resembles kof(3 on 3 mode).

Kula

Quiz Detective
How can having one extra option hurt?

It could still be :)

3on3
ratio
Single
tag

kelvSYC

NEST Puppet
Uh... the KOF system of strikers is different from the MvC2 system of strikers. In KOF you designate strikers based on the team you choose while in MvC2 either of the two inactive partners can be strikers or you can switch to them. Strikers in KOF cost strike bombs or super bar while in MvC2 they don't cost anything.

As for tag, this would mean changing the six buttons to a MvC2 style layout, which I am against. Also, with a Capcom tag game comes assists, delayed supers, team supers, triple-team attacks, insane 200-hit air combos, and the like. Not good, but I'd like to see SNK characters in a tag game.

About predetermined team groupings, this would be somewhat difficult, as SNK groups characters in fours for KOF and Capcom groups characters in twos for Dramatic Battle in SFA3, or twos/threes in tag games.

And it would be hard to group the Alpha characters in fours (partly because there are 35 characters in A3 for GBA). Examples
  • Someone would have to accompany the team of Charlie, Guile, and Chun-Li
  • Someone like Bison could fit in either a team of Balrog, Vega, Sagat, or a team of Cammy, Juli, Juni
  • By grouping teams from games like they do in KOF, some groupings make no sense... Example: four out of Guy, Cody, Maki, Sodom, and Rolento. In the storyline, you wouldn't be able to get the first three to cooperate with the last two.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by kelvSYC:
<strong>
As for tag, this would mean changing the six buttons to a MvC2 style layout, which I am against.</strong><hr></blockquote>

They could just have Lp+Wk for tag one partner in and MP+MK to tag the other partner in??

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Yeah, teams would rock. I only have ONE suggestion though, get Lengend of Success Joe in there as a solo guy because nobody wants to team up with him. He will have to fight alone, but in the end (story wise) JOE WINS IT ALL!!! GO JOE!!!

As for true tag matches, I think this would be interesting. Actual teams (with forced and free play modes) with the SNK 4 button layout would be sweet. Maybe A+C to switch one guy in and B+D to switch in the other. Also, proper tag matches DOES NOT necessarily mean frantic 500+ hit combos and super jumps that launch you 100 feet into the air (though I find that stuff fun). The game could retain the classic 2D fighter feel and toss in the proper tag element along with some sort of new combo system. I'm all for that in the next one.

Just get Joe in there...

kelvSYC

NEST Puppet
I thought in some grooves LP+LK or MP+MK would be used for something else, and also may present problems for Countering, Parrying, or JDs.

Capcom seriously needs to remake tag if they were to add a tag groove in CvSNK. I'd say forget assists, delayed supers, and all that and just have the person tagging out dash or run off screen and have the person tagging in dash or run on screen.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
...The tag systems` benefits would be totally dependant on its execution...button combinations would just complicate matters

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by kelvSYC:
And it would be hard to group the Alpha characters in fours (partly because there are 35 characters in A3 for GBA). Examples
  • Someone would have to accompany the team of Charlie, Guile, and Chun-Li
  • Someone like Bison could fit in either a team of Balrog, Vega, Sagat, or a team of Cammy, Juli, Juni
  • By grouping teams from games like they do in KOF, some groupings make no sense... Example: four out of Guy, Cody, Maki, Sodom, and Rolento. In the storyline, you wouldn't be able to get the first three to cooperate with the last two.
<hr></blockquote>

Capcom doesn't put much into charcter interactions anyway; I doubt they'll start now. And most of the teams in Dramatic battle didn't make sense anyway (Guile and Dee Jay, Fei Long and T.Hawk., Adon and Sagat). Capcom will do like they always do; just give you a bunch of characters and leave the rest up to you.