Ryo/Terry/ overhaul needed

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
Y'know this is supposed to be the king of fighters. These guys live and devote their lives to fighting.Surely they study new martial arts.

Personally I think Terry and Ryo Sakazaki have got worse each year in KOF since 98.

I think these guys need a complete overhaul, if only to test the waters.

In the fatal fury series Terry has been allowed to develop, and we all remember how fresh the RYo of Art of fighting 3 was.

I would love to see an older Ryo in KOF2003, with perhaps a judo/aikido style, after all he has always had promise as a grappler even though he couldnt throw Wyler.

I love the hcb and punch Takuma executes, you know where he blocks a move and then throws a big punch. I think Ryo's new style should have that kind of deflect and attack methods.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Personally, I'd like to see them retired for a year or two. Not permanently or anything, but the FF and AOF teams, plus Mai, Kim, Choi & Chang, and Ralf & Clark have been there every year. It would be nice to see some different (older) characters make up the members of these teams: Duck King, Eiji etc.

Sure, if you are going to include Ryo and Terry give 'em an overhaul, but do it after they've taken some time off for training.

And no more bloody Rugal!!

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
At the very least, Rugal should get a new costume.

mog

Bead Banger
I think they should make some new characters. Or at least new sprites. Like maybe for everyone in the game. Animation is good too.

rugal2000

Yeah rugal is the cheapest boss ever and not even that good. I got to the boss in kof2002 with no defeats on hard setting, and then very nearly kicked rugals ass first time, but the power metre replenishment for him is just too darned crazy.....half a metre comes back after every battle!

Yep overall I agree Ryo and a lot of the consistent participants need a rest but make it for 2 years.

Takuma was away for a couple of years and he came back better and more popular.

Id like to see someone like Wyler given super grappling abilities and to be like a team on his own.
I want to see a team of Laurence blood,Axel and big bear.
Duck king should join heavy d's team. and a fighters history dynamite team would be good

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
I wish they toned up ryo again.He was awesome in 98.Robert needs to be toned up as well.He is getting weaker every year...

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
If you notice, the fatal fury & art of fighting team have been remade when the game system takes a huge change, they have fully fledged out styles in 95/97/99. I would like to say 98 only its a special edition.
2003 is the time where they should change again. Only i would like them to approach there designs with much caution,
1/. I would give andy some new holds & lock moves in the multipart form.
2/. Joe needs more heavy hitting moves, maybe a system of his own which would require his opponent to stun or knock them off balance.
3/. I would like ryo to have a variation of akira's vf 3, mid & low gaurd open moves but you could make his new s C & s D close attacks laggy to cater for this.

& mainly in the attacks department i would like to see most characters have alternate fighting styles like juhn/maylee j, that would give lots of variety coupled with a new game system.

Hey! you know what would be cool & i think would be a real hit in the kof series, to have last blades speed, power & ex modes for each character, think about it, it was alittle weird in last blade as they had weopons, but in kof it would be more suitable. After you select each character you get an option to alter between the mode of play you wan't them to be in.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I am disappointed Robert lost a lot of his moves that separated him from Ryo. Now, they are practically the same.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Shit, how many times have we said Duck or Lucky should be in the next KOF? lol. Andyway, I do agree that some of the vets need to take a vacation somewhere in Monaco or The Bahamas and let the fighters that us gamers have wished for so long that they'd be in a KOF actually participate. I'd know that Bob, Lucky, Duck, Hon Fu, Tung, Rick, and the rest of those guys on the sideline need to get in some action. Update'em w/ new clothes and styles if you have to, but just give'em a chance, please? frown

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
If they change Terry's fighting style I hope they'd also change the costume to the MOTW costume. Both designs for Terry are great but I think we've seen the old FF design a bit too much. I would hope to see his MOTW design to be his new permenant threads

<small>[ March 02, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: OrochiEddie ]</small>

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
OrochiEddie:
If they change Terry's fighting style I hope they'd also change the costume to the MOTW costume. Both designs for Terry are great but I think we've seen the old FF design a bit too much. I would hope to see his MOTW design to be his new permenant threads
Yeah, I agree. His original costume might have looked cool back in the eighties and early nineties, but now the whole sleeveless leather jacket/ baseball cap get up seems kinda goofy.

I'd love to see Hon Fu make an appearance too. He pops up in Capcom Vs SNK 2 whenever Chun Li fights Yamazaki, so I thought that he migt get a chance to become playable again...

[edit: hungover, can't spell properly]

<small>[ March 02, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: tsukaesugi ]</small>

Parallax

Ninja Combat Warrior
I think that in the next game terry should have the outfit he's had but go without the cap and have the MOTW hair style.
buttrock

Bionic Lester

Cheng's Errand Boy
Parallax:
I think that in the next game terry should have the outfit he's had but go without the cap and have the MOTW hair style.
buttrock
I like that idea. That would look pretty cool.

rugal2000

I definetly think KOF needs a decent fat man.A sumo wrestler is way overdue.
Chang Koehan is a useless waster, he is the same easy to beat slob every year. His cannon ball hits are so slow, I could block them, make a cup of tea, and still have time to unleah ryos death move one handed.

I would suggest a E Honda/Zangief hybrid called Mr Imamoto. Despite being 350 lbs he would attract a female following, much like Ukyo in samurai shodown. This could be the franchise KOF need for the 00's

<small>[ March 06, 2003, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: rugal2000 ]</small>