Should Terry be the KOF hero again?

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV:
<strong>Kyo is better than Terry... nuff said.. bish ;) </strong><hr></blockquote>

I like the way you think

[ October 21, 2002: Message edited by: Yung Burnout ]</p>

W Y L E R

n00b
Just wait until the next KOF comics comes out.
We'll see K' beat Iori, then we'll see K' beating the ass out of Kyo.

(Dark power) where does people get the idea?

And when will KOF be a pure skill tournament? No boss, No Orochi power, No Nests.

Have you people read Fatal Fury HK comics? Pure shit. It took Andy, Joe and Terry working together just to beat Billy Kane, because Billy is possessed by Geese's evil power. Bullshit.

Storylinewise, the best KOF match will be a match between Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting. It'll be a match of pure skill, not some type of DBZ.

I just know Terry is the King of Fighters. He did it alone. The concept of team fighting is lost because, a person will be the King of Fighters because he is the last man in his team to fight? When did Kyo/K' won the title singlehandedly like Terry or Ryo did?

Japan team/K' team is the king of team fighters, but Terry is still the King of Fighters.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Originally posted by W Y L E R:
<strong>Just wait until the next KOF comics comes out.

And when will KOF be a pure skill tournament? No boss, No Orochi power, No Nests.

Have you people read Fatal Fury HK comics? Pure shit. It took Andy, Joe and Terry working together just to beat Billy Kane, because Billy is possessed by Geese's evil power. Bullshit.

Storylinewise, the best KOF match will be a match between Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting. It'll be a match of pure skill, not some type of DBZ.

I just know Terry is the King of Fighters. He did it alone. The concept of team fighting is lost because, a person will be the King of Fighters because he is the last man in his team to fight? When did Kyo/K' won the title singlehandedly like Terry or Ryo did?

Japan team/K' team is the king of team fighters, but Terry is still the King of Fighters.</strong><hr></blockquote>

1)no comment
2)what fighters can't go evil??
3)It is based on pure skill, if not what are you talking about when you say "skill"?
4)Yeah that is crap
5)Snore, sorry Terry is cool and all but I find the AOF team boring ass hell. That'd be a fight i wouldn't mind sleeping through
6)Doesn't that mean the whole team is the king of fighters??(when did Ryo win it??)
7)no comment

TerryBogard

Zero's Secretary
Kyo is cool and all, but I think Terry is just that much cooler. He should have a bigger role in the KOF series.
And the reason Kyo is able to beat Terry is because of his freakin bloodline. The guy is a slacker, but his bloodline carries him a long way.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Originally posted by TerryBogard:
<strong>Kyo is cool and all, but I think Terry is just that much cooler. He should have a bigger role in the KOF series.
And the reason Kyo is able to beat Terry is because of his freakin bloodline. The guy is a slacker, but his bloodline carries him a long way.</strong><hr></blockquote>

A slacker how????????????
Explain please

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
I think he means Kyo did not bust his ass like Terry did to develop his skills rather he was born with the Kusanagi DNA.

Yeah Wyler I totally agree with you PERIOD.

Reno Garcia

Morden's Lackey

Japan team/K' team is the king of team fighters, but Terry is still the King of Fighters.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, words of wisdow and truth, DBZ style and these bullshit HK comics destroy the concept of KOF and don´t cleared that the tournament of teams are the King of Fighters instead of the Kings of the Fighters that The KOF is a team working.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
while I am not with the idea of Terry being the hero, I would like to see kof returns to it's routes in one of it's eras (south town, street battles, beachs, punks, Geese, ........... got the idea?)

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Originally posted by P-Geyser:
<strong>I think he means Kyo did not bust his ass like Terry did to develop his skills rather he was born with the Kusanagi DNA.

Yeah Wyler I totally agree with you PERIOD.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry but i disagree with both of ya 100%

mrchafe

Mr. Big's Thug
I'd like to see Andy get the spotlight for a change. Sure, Terry's the more easily recognised and more popular outside Neo circles, but isn't it time Bogard No. 2 had his moment? Every dog has his day...

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Kyo and Terry were the king of fighter's...K' currently holds the title...but TERRY is the king of recognition in the real world... Many more people know him than any other snk character (besides Mai...lol)..Terry should regain the title to KOF before the Mark of the Wolves storyline though.

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
Originally posted by Orochi_Flava:
<strong>Kyo and Terry were the king of fighter's...K' currently holds the title...but TERRY is the king of recognition in the real world... Many more people know him than any other snk character (besides Mai...lol)..Terry should regain the title to KOF before the Mark of the Wolves storyline though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You and I both know that they will never make that happen.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Ok, i'm sure we'd all love to see Terry as the lead(i'm mixed on this one)but he does have the ff series which if i remember right has a way longer story and number(i think there are 10 in all) then KoF. So seeing as how the KoF storyline wasn't built around him I don't think SNK(or playmore for that matter) ever thought about making him the lead, if they did it wouldn't be KoF any more, it'd just be fatal fury but with everybody from KoF in it. Like it hate whatever, I'm fine with Kyo as the lead(keep in mind that as much as you like Terry is the same way I like Kyo) but anyway that's my two cents on the matter.

I'm also cool with Kyo being born with his powers then being just another ho-hum guy who trained really hard and one day devoleped his chi. To me Kyo being born with it means he was a ass-kicker by birth, but then hey that's me.
Kyo's new outfitt for CvS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kyo-o.gif

[ October 21, 2002: Message edited by: Yung Burnout ]</p>

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
Originally posted by Yung Burnout:
<strong>Ok, i'm sure we'd all love to see Terry as the lead(i'm mixed on this one)but he does have the ff series which if i remember right has a way longer story and number(i think there are 10 in all) then KoF. So seeing as how the KoF storyline wasn't built around him I don't think SNK(or playmore for that matter) ever thought about making him the lead, if they did it wouldn't be KoF any more, it'd just be fatal fury but with everybody from KoF in it. Like it hate whatever, I'm fine with Kyo as the lead(keep in mind that as much as you like Terry is the same way I like Kyo) but anyway that's my two cents on the matter.

I'm also cool with Kyo being born with his powers then being just another ho-hum guy who trained really hard and one day devoleped his chi. To me Kyo being born with it means he was a ass-kicker by birth, but then hey that's me.
Kyo's new outfitt for CvS3!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kyo-o.gif

[ October 21, 2002: Message edited by: Yung Burnout ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well like myself and Orochi Flava and Overkill Geyser said that Terry would not look right as the main character of KOF...I remember telling you this personally.

Secondly KOF is now up there with FF I belive KOF has 8 installments plus other stuff like the KyoKOF RPG game which is more thn FF I might say.

I personally feel that when KOF was created, it was good and I did not mind that Kyo was the main character of the game. But the problem was when SNK gave Kyo way to much importance, it made it seem that the other characters especially Terry and Ryo are not even worthy to stand in his shadow and I am sorry but I cant tolerate that shit.

KOF would have been better if they gave imortance to all the characters. Like Terry for example even though he should not BE THE MAIN CHARACTER, he should get some time like whats going on with him and southtown....basically ALL characters should get a story and not just have every single damn thing evolve around Kyo.

You know I must say that a big part that makes me feel this way is those shitty HK KOF comics. Terry is lucky if he gets to make one page in the comic's and when he does he gets jobbed like you wouldn't believe. Meanwhile Kyo is defeating teams by himself....ridiculous.

Yeah we feel that way about Terry like you feel about Kyo.

The only difference is, you are not feeling the screw job that we seem to endure(Terry fans)

For example does Kyo lose in shitty ways in the comic like the damn time being run out? Answer=no

Who gets to be the lead not ONLY in KOF but the CvS games...Terry? NO

As well in the

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
Whoops, hit the reply button by mistake...well anyhoo I guess I made my point clear.

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I agree with P-Geyser... I'm sure the Kyo fans would have been pissed too if they would have made Kyo's quick loss to Mai in the KOF comic his only fight. It's kind of ridiculous that the same shotgun blast that blasted Iori out of the stadium for miles did nothing to Kyo.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
1)i believe Kyo wasn't in the area of the blast to get taken out like Iori

2)Yeah, they could have given Terry some story time in KoF 2k since it took place in south town.

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
Originally posted by Orochi_Flava:
<strong>Now i'm wondering if they will make Iori lose twice in one storyline...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Probably not he and Kyo will only lose once and thats it.

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I'll keep u guys updated as soon as kofonline translates that second issue...Iori has to lose though...just cause K' team is the hero...I'm surprised Kyo beat k9999. Terry better come back and do something...hey..if they did if for kyo...

Tekyo

Tarma's Gun Polisher

"OK"

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
Well I am sorry to put a damper in things Oroch F but you and I basically know that those shitty HK writers will make Terry stay defeated and that in the end it will probably be the same old tiresome B.S. like Kyo and Iori continuing their fight or Kyo,Iori,K teaming together and uing their powers to defeat the boss.

Hey TEKYO what up? it's me "Andy" from sg-zone.

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Yea...they surely will shit on good old Terry, it's amazing that both Iori and Kyo lost once each and got to make comebacks...but I guess they wont love terry like that..it's probably cause he is american, and an american can be a main character.