Should Terry be the KOF hero again?

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I for one would like to see him back as Eolith/Playmores/Snk's main hero again. The Kyo/Iori thing is old already, and K' has no real personality. Terry was da man, and personally, I don't think Kyo can really beat him.(I dont care what that kof comic says..lol)

NickD

Frenzy Football Player
I agree, Terry has always been SNK poster boy so to speak. I mean, you saw Terry, you knew it was SNK related. Can't say the same about Kyo or Iori. Even before I was into the Neo, I knew Terry Bogart.

[ September 21, 2002: Message edited by: NickD ]</p>

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Originally posted by NickD:
<strong>I agree, Terry has always been SNK poster boy so to speak. I mean, you saw Terry, you knew it was SNK related. Can't say the same about Kyo or Iori. Even before I was into the Neo, I knew Terry Bogart.

[ September 21, 2002: Message edited by: NickD ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Bogart?

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Isn't Terry the hero of Fatal Fury? I think if he was to be the main guy in KoF then they would need to creat all new characters for him to interact with since every one he knows is from the fatal fury series. So shouldn't he just stay there to keep the spotlight??

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
King of fighter's WAS the tournament in Fatal Fury. Rugal changed it to a 3 on 3 tournament. They are all in the same universe, so why create a new cast just because Terry is the hero? People who don't play game recognize Terry more than Kyo or Iori.

Definately. I reckon Terry could take down Kyo, Iori, or K' anyday.
Someone said that in a KOF comic Terry loses to Kyo...I just can't see how a young little punk kid could beat the experience of Terry...

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Originally posted by Goenitz_190':
<strong>Definately. I reckon Terry could take down Kyo, Iori, or K' anyday.
Someone said that in a KOF comic Terry loses to Kyo...I just can't see how a young little punk kid could beat the experience of Terry...</strong><hr></blockquote>

If you believe that then you really think he can beat Geese?? Terry's cool and all but he is not THE best

Originally posted by Yung Burnout:
<strong>If you believe that then you really think he can beat Geese?? Terry's cool and all but he is not THE best</strong><hr></blockquote>

Maybe all those Fatal Fury games got to me...

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
That's cool, I can understand I mean it looks like I'm the only one on this post who is happy with Kyo as the hero of KoF

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I like kyo, but I think Terry is a better hero still. I think Kyo was created because they didnt like an American as the main character.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
K'is my best hero ......... but I doubt he will be the hero for the next saga
I am sure the hero will be a new character

[ September 22, 2002: Message edited by: k'_127 ]</p>

Shin Guile X

Mickey's Coach
Terry will always be SNK's poster child!! I would love to see him next year in KOF 2K3 redrawn with in his Garou clothes. I just love how he looks in Mark of the Wolves.

And Iori, K, Kyo are cool but Terry is SNK's number 1 mascot.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by ray_7:
<strong>Make Kim the new hero, he's Korean. ;) </strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah man that's what i see happening. kim, dong hwan, jae hoon, chang, choi, and may lee beoming the new poster children for snk/eolith/playmore. but that's just me. and if they don't do it i want joe higashi to become the most popular.

Kidnemo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Terry and K' are two of my favorite characters, so I'm happy either way.

As far as I'm concerned they could drop Team Korea and I wouldn't sweat it.

Freaking Chang/Choi...grrrrr

"GOOD RAAAWK!"

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
No. You can only move forward, not backwards. That's what life and evoulution's all about.

Brother, another "the KOF tournament was originally in FF" reference. I'm starting to wish SNK called the KOF series something else entirely. Terry's cool and all, but damn! He's had his time in the spotlight. Let someone else be the hero.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Maybe they should just start over and creat all new characters???

NickD

Frenzy Football Player
Originally posted by Yung Burnout:
<strong>Maybe they should just start over and creat all new characters???</strong><hr></blockquote>

Like MotW? For a KOF? I don't know about that. They should put more emphasis on Rock since he's Geese's son. The point is just that Terry is more popular than Kyo outside the Neo community. Like I said, I knew Terry Bogard before even playing a Neo game. But to came back to the topic. It's hard to have a real hero since the game have endless combination of fighters. I would go for Rock though. Make something out of him.

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I agree with nickd in that sense, He sees the point I am making...I think it should emphasize back to terry and build its way towards Rock.

Ice_burn

Another Striker
Kyo and Iori don't look like Rivals their like man to man love team. thats why I hate them.

Muska

Morden's Lackey
I think Terry would only be good as hero of KOF if it was 1 on 1. He is a lone wolf, so he should be the lone hero. But who gives a fuck about my opinion?

I dunno. As much as I like Terry, the story seems that either Kensou or Bao will end up being the hero for KOF 2003, though it would be interesting to see Kensou as a hero.