KOF 98 Combos

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Personally, I like the way the page is set-up now.

Nothing too over complicated, just simple and to the point; which is perfectly suited for this type of thing.

I also love the combo descriptions, it gives much more insight into performing them than your simple "Jump C, Forward + B, QCF + B..." (which is what I would've done)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
A simple combo/counter with Ralf, not very big but very powerfull if MAX is activated.

Jump + B , Stand + C, HCF + D.

It hurts badly.

Also works with Clark. wink You gotta have to find the right timing tough. wink

I have a bunch of Kof 99 combos, that I believe can be done in 98 (I've tried a bunch in the Arcade) so would you like me to post a few? Also you are correct ATROPHYED Iron Maiden does rule, and I'm seeing them next saturday at Jones Beach.

RUN TO THE HILLS!

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
FYI, I'm in the midst of putting strategy tips together, at the mo for Takuma, you can watch the work-in-progress if you refresh the Takuma section. I hope that I can finish it today, wanted to do it yesterday but a couple of friends of mine raided my house at midnight b/c of my birthday... one thing I have learned afterwards: You can't give strategy tips while being drunk! :)

If any of you have good KoF98 strats to share, post them here, we will review them and put them on the site. If you want to write a complete Strategy Tips section, go ahead, but use the existing layout for it.

Edit: IheartDavey, eventually we will open a KoF99 section, but if you think your combos work for 98 as well, post them here, we will try it and see.

<small>[ July 16, 2003, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: Takumaji ]</small>

These combos work for KOF 99 as well as 98.

Iori:
(Cross up combo)6 hits

1) Jumping B (hold back)
2) standing A
3) Forward + A
4) Deadly Flower using A

(Cross up combo) 5 hits

1) Jumping B (hold back)
2) Standing B
3) dp (using C)

(Corner Combo) 3 hits

1) Perform his QCF,A move at full screen
2) Immediatly follow with his HCB,D move

Andy:
(Corner SDM combo)19 hits

1) Jumping D
2) HCF, C
3) As soon as your oppent is knocked in the air, do his SDM of QCB,HCF,D. (This is kinda useless to do unless you can do SDMs, because the DM does as much damaghe as the following combo).

(corner combo) 8 hits

1) Jumping D
2) HCF,C
3)DF+A

King:
(corner) 10 hits

1) Standing D
2) Cancel after first hit and do a "surprise rose" (using A!!!)
3) then follow through with a "tornado kick" (Using D!!!)

Well these are all Ive actually performed in both games so far, I have more and when I get time I'll work on those. I hope the s helped at elast someone.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
* UPDATE *

While I'm still working on the strategy tips, I've added a few things:

Changes as of 07/20/03:

- Heavy D! section added (2 DM, 1 normal combo)
- 1 Vice normal combo added
- 2 DM and 1 normal Joe combo added
- Mai section added (2 normal combos)
- Mature section added (2 DM, 2 normal combos)
- Lucky Glauber section added (2 DM combos)
- Saisyu section added (1 DM, 2 normal combos)

Sorry, no pics for these combos yet.

SonGohan, I think we can finish the contributors doc with a paragraph about the Strategy Tips section. It should include:

1. Chara introduction (general)
2. Why to use him/her
3. Basics - standing/close/crouching/jumping normal attacks and tips
4. Special moves and tips
5. (S)DMs and tips
6. Expert tips (bugs, infinites, secrets, etc.)
7. Offensive strategy tips
8. Defensive strategy tips

You can review points 1-3 in Takuma's strategy tips section, it's still under construction.

The Biography section shouldn't be too big - I'm thinking of a chart of essential parameters (birthday, fighting style, location, etc.) and one or two paragraphs with background/history information.

The Movelist layout should be clear, finished one for Takuma.

If you ppl want to continue/start to contribute combos, combo pics, chara infos/tips, etc. and don't know how to do it, just take look at what's already there and create your stuff accordingly.

...to be continued.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Sounds good. I worked on a few combos before wanting to take a few days off from all the screen editing and stuff. Here they are (these were completed several days ago, just forgot to make a post about them):

<a href="http://snkguitarist.com/combos/heidern/combo01/" target="_blank">http://snkguitarist.com/combos/heidern/combo01/</a>
<a href="http://snkguitarist.com/combos/kensou/combo01/" target="_blank">http://snkguitarist.com/combos/kensou/combo01/</a>
<a href="http://snkguitarist.com/combos/leona/combo01/" target="_blank">http://snkguitarist.com/combos/leona/combo01/</a>
<a href="http://snkguitarist.com/combos/chin/combo01/" target="_blank">http://snkguitarist.com/combos/chin/combo01/</a>

I also need everybody to re-send me their stuff because I deleted a lot of them. I grouped a bunch together that were unusable and misplaced them with a bunch that I planned on working and deleted everything on accident. Just make sure when you resend that they follow the guidelines. Some people sent in stuff that had the combos happening from the right side (always left, unless you crossup from the right). Thanks, and here's to another weary night of going through more combos :D

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I haven't been doing much recording, just a lot of playing. But I'll pump out some more in the following couple of days, seeing as I'm a lazy schmoe with not much else to do anyway.

@Gohan:

Just let me know if you need any of the videos again, I've got them all saved and will just stick them in my shared folder if you need them.

<small>[ July 20, 2003, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Average Joe ]</small>

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
I did a few combos, I'll organize the shots tonight and give them to you tomorrow (Ralf, Kyo, Kim, Mature, Vice, Clark and some other characters).

@Gohan: only recording is a big hasle for me, I'll get you only the shots instead.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Just sorted them out (sadly all of Kim and Goro's combos were useless, did them before read the rules).

Anyhoo, yhe combos (shots only) are for the following people (all new/redone):

Clark (4)
Iori (4)
King (1)
Kyo (4)
Leona (3)
Mature (4)
Ralf (2)
Robert (4)
Yamazaki (1)
Vice (2)
Shingo (1)

They are zipped and ready to send :p .

EDIT: For the shots you are talking about for every character, I think we should provide shots of their moves and DMs/SDMs.

And if you guys need original artwork give me shout.

<small>[ July 22, 2003, 04:55 AM: Message edited by: Diavle18 ]</small>

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yeah I was thinking about that too, it'd be a cool addition. Whenever you want to send 'em to me it's cool. Just name server/channel. You got the text with the combo shots as well?

Darren

n00b
More Combos!!:

Omega Rugal:

Jump in B, standing C (1 Hit cancel into) dp + D - 4 hits.

jump in B, standing C (two hits) qcb + P - 6 hits

jump in D, crouching A, standing B into qcb + P - 6 hits

jump in D, standing A(close), f + B (1 hit cancel into) qcb + P - 9 hits

Jump in A, crouching B x 3, standing B - 5 hits

Jump in B, crouching B, crouching A, qcb + C, - 6 hits

Jump in D, standing C (1 hit), f + B (1 hit cancel into) hcf + K - 4 hits

Jump in D, standing C (1 hit), f + B (1 hit cancel into) qcb + C - 8 hits*

*As this combo places your opponent on the ground in front of you, perform a qcf + A or C straight away for an aditional 1 or 2 hits, as they are getting up.

Jump in D, standing C (2 hits), f + B (1 hit cancel into) qcb + C - 9 (3 + 6) hits

Jump in D, standing C (1 hit), f + B (1 hit cancel into) dp + D - 6 hits

DM combos:

Jump in B, crouching B, crouching A, qcf x 2 + D - 8 hits

Jump in D, standing C (1 hit), f + B (1 hit cancel into) qcf x 2 + D - 8 hits

Jump in D, standing C (1 hit), f + B (1 hit cancel into) qcf,hcb + C - 4 hits

Jump in D, standing C (2 hit), qcf x 2 + C - 3 hits

Jump in D, standing C (2 hit), qcf x 2 + D - 11 (3 + 8) hits

Jump in B, crouching B x 2, qcf x 2 + D - 8 hits

Jump in D, standing C, f + B (1 hit cancel into) hcf + K - 4 hits

SDM Combos:

Jump in D, standing C (1 hit), f + B (1 hit cancel into) qcf x 2 + D - 19 (4 + 15) hits

Jump in D, standing C (1 hit), f + B (1 hit cancel into) qcf,hcb + C - 4-5 hits

Jump in D, standing C (2 hit cancel into) qcf x 2 + A - 4 hits

Jump in D, crouching B x 2, qcf x 2 + D - 18 (3 + 15)hits

Jump in B, standing A, qcf x 2 + A - 3 hits

Jump in B, standing A, qcf,hcb x 2 + A - 3-4 hits

Jump in B, crouching B, standing A, qcf x 2 + D - 18 (3 = 15) hits

Darren

n00b
Yamazaki Combos!!!!

Jump in B, crouching B, crouching A, qcb + B - 5 hits

Jump in B, crouching B, crouching A, qcb + D - 5 hits

Jump in B, crouching B, crouching A, qcb + A - 4 hits

Jump in D, standing C, f + A, qcb + B - 4 hits

Jump in D, standing C, f + A, qcb + C - 4 hits

Jump in D, standing C, f + A, dp + C - 6 (3 + 3) hits

(courner)Jump in D, standing C, f + A, dp + B - 4 hits

run in, standing C, dp + D (cancel into) qcb + B or D - 3 hits

Jump in D, standing C, into hcb,f + C - 3 hits

Jump in D, crouching B, standing A, standing D - 4 hits

Jump in D, standing B, standing A, qcb + B or C - 5 hits

Jump in D, standing B, standing A, dp + C - 7 (3 + 4) hits

(close)run in, crouching B, crouching A, qcf + A or C - 3 hits

Jump in D, crouching B, crouching C, into qcb + B or C - 4 hits

Jump in B, standing C, dp + B - 4 hits

DM/SDM combos(more hits apply when performing the SDM version):

Jump in D, crouching A x 2, qcf x 2 + A - 5-6
+ hits

Jump in D, standing C, qcf x 2 + C - 5-6+ hits

Jump in D, standing C, into hcb x 2 + C - 13+* hits

*The number of hits for this combo, depends on how many times you press the button for the Drill DM.

run in, standing C, qcf x 2 + C - 5-6+ hits

run in, standing C, hcb x 2 + C - 11 + hits*

*The number of hits for this combo, depends on how many times you press the button for the Drill DM.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Woah, nice load of combos there!

Will try out a few of them tonight.

Keep 'em coming man!

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
@Darren: Keep it up, those combos rock.

@SonGohan: Yeah the text file is in there (MS Word), also there is a movie file of Iori's 4th combo in its folder (it was the last combo I did so it got saved).

Same time as last time. You sure you want to do this through Mirc? It didn't work last time.

thundr51

Bead Banger
Anybody got any combo's for Chizuru? Started playing her recently and she's not too bad...

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Chizuru:

jD, sC, F+A, QCB+A, tap A once more (to make it come out faster, do it only once or she will do a follow-up), (juggle with) QCB QCF+P

Darren

n00b
Chizuru combos:

jump in C/D, crouching B x 3 - 4 hits

(corner)jump in C/D, crouching B x 3, standing B -4 hits

(corner)jump in C/D, standing C, f + A, qcb + A, qcb + A - 4 hits

(corner)jump in C/D, standing C, f + A, qcb + A, qcb + C - 4 hits

(corner)jump in C/D, standing C, f + A, qcb + C, qcb + C - 4 hits

(corner)jump in C/D, standing C, f + A, qcb + C, qcb + A - 4 hits

(corner)jump in C/D, standing C, f + A, dp + A - 5 hits

(corner)jump in C/D, standing C, f + A, dp + C - 4 hits

(corner)jump in C/D, crouching B, standing A, f + A, dp + A - 6 hits

(corner)jump in C/D, crouching B, standing A, f + A, qcf + A - 5 hits

(corner)jump in C/D, crouching B x 2, dp + A - 5 hits

(corner)jump in C/D, standing A x 2, dp + A - 4-5 hits

jump in C/D, standing C, f + A, qcf + A - 4 hits

jump in C/D, standing C, f + B, qcf + A - 4 hits

jump in C/D, standing C, f + B, dp + A - 4 hits

jump in C/D, crouching B, crouching A, df + B - 4 hits

jump in C/D, crouching B, crouching A, qcf + A - 4 hits

(corner)jump in C/D, crouching A x 2, qcf + A - 4 hits

jump in C/D, standing C, f + B, qcf + A - 4 hits

(corner)jump in C/D, standing C, f + B, dp + A - 5 hits

DM combos:

jump in C/D, standing C, f + A, qcf x 2 + K, (while walking forward) standing C x 2 - 14-16 hits

jump in C/D, standing C, f + A, qcb,hcf + P - 4 hits

jump in C/D, crouching A x 2, qcf x 2 + K, (while moving forward)jump D, jump D - 18 hits

jump in C/D, standing A, f + B, qcb,hcf + P - 4 hits

jump in C/D, crouching B, crouching A, qcb,hcf + P - 4 hits

jump in C/D, crouching B, crouching A, qcf x 2 + K (while moving forward)jumping D (this should place you behind your opponent*), standing C x 3 -23-26 hits

*depending how and where you perform this combo positioning for the hits after the DM may change... so improvise.

SDM combos:

jump in C/D, standing C, f + A/B, qcf x 2 + K, (while walking forward) standing C x 3, standing CD - 21-28 hits

jump in C/D, standing C, f + A, qcb,hcf + P - 4 hits

jump in C/D, crouching A x 2, qcf x 2 + K, (while moving forward)jump D x 3, standing C/D or standing CD - 21-24 hits

jump in C/D, standing A, f + B, qcb,hcf + P - 4 hits

jump in C/D, crouching B, crouching A, qcb,hcf + P - 4 hits

jump in C/D, crouching B, crouching A, qcf x 2 + K (while moving forward*)jumping D, standing C, Jump D, standing C, standing CD - 28-29 hits

*depending how you perform this combo positioning for the hits after the DM may change... so improvise.

jump in C/D, crouching B, crouching A, qcf x 2 + K (while moving forward), standing C x 4, standing CD - 13+ hits

thundr51

Bead Banger
eek! WOW
Ok, i'm in awe

Got any tips for doing that qcb+a, a, qcbqcf+a I almost gave my finger a blister trying to do this consistently! I always wind up doing her qcf+a move instead.

<small>[ July 23, 2003, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: thundr51 ]</small>

Darren

n00b
Diavle18:
Chizuru:

jD, sC, F+A, QCB+A, tap A once more (to make it come out faster, do it only once or she will do a follow-up), (juggle with) QCB QCF+P
I'm not sure about this combo. I'll have to try it out. Tapping A after her qcb won't do anything , as u need to do another qcb + A or C to perform her follow up. I think this is a cancel move so she teleports just in front of opponent and 2 in 1's A into her DM/SDM. :cool:

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Darren:
Diavle18:
Chizuru:

I'm not sure about this combo. I'll have to try it out. Tapping A after her qcb won't do anything , as u need to do another qcb + A or C to perform her follow up. I think this is a cancel move so she teleports just in front of opponent and 2 in 1's A into her DM/SDM. :cool:
Nah dude this combo works (just did it again).

If done seperately the QCB+A wiffs from close range, even if you tap A. Iff you do QCB+A during a combo it will also wiff, however, if you do QCB+A during a combo and tap A it will come out faster and will combo instead of teleporting through. After it hits it doesn't really look like you can juggle with the DM but you can, just do it immediately after the QCB+A. wink

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
thundr51:
eek! WOW
Ok, i'm in awe

Got any tips for doing that qcb+a, a, qcbqcf+a I almost gave my finger a blister trying to do this consistently! I always wind up doing her qcf+a move instead.
You don't have to rush to do the DM. Just do the QCB+A and tap A. She will launch the opponent into the air, you should do the DM as fast as possible (to be safe) but even if there is a little delay it will still connect because it comes out very fast and will hit the opponent just before it hits the ground.

Keep calm and take your time.

<small>[ July 24, 2003, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Diavle18 ]</small>

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Some Saisyu ones :

6 Hit Combo : ( performed at the corner )

Jump in D, Standind C ( 2 hits ), DP + D

5 Hit Combo :

Jump in D, Standind C ( 2 hits ), QCB + C x2

? (depends if MAX is activated ) Hit Combo : ( performed at the corner )

Jump in D, Standind C ( 2 hits ), (H)Desperation Move -> any of the 2

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I've just finished the latest update to the site.

Watch it here: <a href="http://www.lupa.de/ne-o-rama/draft/index.html" target="_blank">openmook</a>

All combo pics that I got so far are online now. Thanks to Average Joe, Diavle18, Darren and all the others for posting combos and submitting combo pics, and specially to SonGohan, you did a great job so far with all those combo pics!

On the next step I will compile all the combos in this thread in text form and put them online one after another, at first without combo pics. If you want to continue sending in combo pics and vids, take a look at the site first and priorize making combo pics where they are missing.

Finally, I will finish the Bio, Movelist and Strategy tips section.

I need help with the Strategy Tips, tho. I've started with Takuma Tips, but you ppl are welcome to send in your strat tips for all the other charas. Just look at the Takuma strat section and try to follow the standards (normal move tips, special/command move tips/strats, etc.).

Like mentioned, I will give full credits to anyone of you on the appropriate spots. I'm thinking of using our neo-geo.com nick names and link them to an email address that you ppl give me, is that okay for you?

Yeah... keep it rollin' folks...

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Whoa excellent work everyone, especially Takumaji and SonGohan.

I still have those combos (SonGohan you slacker :D ) and they are ready to send. There are about 31 now (did 2 more for Robert) and if someone doesn't take them from me today they will probably be 40 or so by tomorrow.

We should set up an FTP/Hotline server/Mirc Channel or something so people can easily contribut pics.

Personally, I think we shouldn't put the vids on the site because in a way you are promoting emulation. Not really a big deal but some people bitch a lot about this kind of stuff.

Keep it up people,

EDIT: about the credit. that sounds great Takumaji. But make our names or whatever not so visible if possible. This way we aren't throwing our names in the visiter's face and asking for gratitude like a lot of other sites like to do (they bold it and everything).

<small>[ July 25, 2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Diavle18 ]</small>