Characters that would be axed in KOF 2k1

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Since there's a post asking for people who'd want characters back in 2k1 I guess I'll ask the opposite:
Which of the existing characters do you want eliminated?

Bao (gameplay wise and story wise he's one pain in the ass)

So far he's the only one I'd want to get rid of.

*prepares for the legions of people who will beg to have Kyo and Iori removed in 2k1*

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

Nari

Kuroko's Training Dummy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iie-Kyo:
Since there's a post asking for people who'd want characters back in 2k1 I guess I'll ask the opposite:
Which of the existing characters do you want eliminated?

Bao (gameplay wise and story wise he's one pain in the ass)

So far he's the only one I'd want to get rid of.

Storyline wise unlikely that Bao would be gone, I would think that Hinako will be axed.

------------------
"I can't lose. For nature's sake"

zy-

n00b
Well the team clearly indicates that the korean team was getting rid of alot of unpopular chars, to make room for new ones.
and their polls clearly indicated that choi and chang will be gone for sure, they also said that this chars did not do justice to the korean team.
Me personally , I am glad about that choi and chang are a waste of memory , besides they been in almost all the series.
bao , and the old fart on the china team gat's to go!
along with clark ,xiangfei, kasumi, and I hope they dont bring back old chars like , billy, the whole USa team , goro.

thats about right.
I wish rock could be in kof 2k1

get rid of
-Jhun(he sucks,all his moves suck!)
-Kasumi(only knows 1 special move)
-Chang(gross)
-Choi(idiot)
-Chin(time for retirement old man)
-Bao(maybe when you grow up a bit more)

I

Iori

-Bao bought it while meeting the business end of the Zero Cannon.
-Chin, the old fuck has to croak sometime.
-Hinako, in the name of all that is holy, REMOVE HER!
-Ramon, he sure does suck.
-Athena, you all heard me rant about her time and time again. Atrocious helium factor.
-Mai, No man loves a slut for too long, and I don't love helium at all.
-Yuri, my helium alarm is going fucking crazy.
That's all, give us some good ones, Eolith.

------------------
fetch.dll

kim6413

Banned
Jhun doesn`t suck. Iv`e seen people in kof2k nearly get a perfect on zero with him using those stances of his im trying to learn to use him but it`s kind of hard for me
frown.gif

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
Well, IMO, Chang & Choi should be axed... They're pretty ugly and we just had about enough of these freaks.

------------------
Sonomama Shine....
Beware of the wrath of Burning Batsu!.... and Dan's Super Taunts!!!

koolking

Super Spy Agent
Bao, Chang, Chin and Kasumi the computer uses kasumi in a really dick way and take robert out if he is stil la charge chracter.
--------------
Nasakenai

PSY

n00b
hey all, i am back
smile.gif

finally found my way to this place today.. heh

anyway... i think the following should be axed..

Chin (boring char to play with and against)
Choi (why did my stand C miss?
frown.gif
(()
Chang (cheap)

Bao probably has a part in the story.... otherwise i dun see whats going for him to remain in 2k1..

peace

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Agreed, those four should get removed.

These four have got to be the cheapest, cheeziest characters ever... I can't stand fighting any of these four guys. They should form their own team called the "All-Star Cheezers Team"... egads.

And welcome back Psy! You came here kinda late but it's good to see you anyway.
smile.gif

------------------
I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with sloppy Joe and Kim chee for dinner. All I need is Kyo to BURN'em.

J-Man

n00b
my choice to get axed in KoF:
-Chang & Choi: replace them with Kim's sons
-Chin: he's too old to fight
-Hinako: She seems like a one hit wonder get rid of her.
-Mai's costume: would you rather see her in KoF sporting her FF3 costume, i would.

Charaters i like to see added:
-Alfred: I used him in Real Bout for PS, this guy rocks.
-Younger versions of Marco, Jea Hoon, and Dong Hwan: they play almost the same as their MOTW couter parts
-Duck King, Bob Wilson, and Hon Fu: by axing out chang and choi we'll need a new comedy team, and they can team up with alfred

Teams i like to see:
-K', Maxima, Whip, Kula
-Kim Kaphwan, Jhun, Jea Hoon, Dong Hwan
-Terry, Andy, Joe, Blue Mary
-Ryo, Robert, Takuma, Marco
-King, Mai, Yuri, Kasumi
-Kyo, Benimaru, Shingo, Len
-Venessa, Ramon, Seth, Iroi
-Leona, Ralf, Clark, Heirden
-Athena, Kensou, Bao, [new charater]
-Alfred, Bob, Duck King, Hon Fu

thats mine...

shinkyo

n00b
old character
heidren,chris,yashiro,goro
New character
Rock howard,kain,john(art of fighting 2)

ioriyagami

Cheng's Errand Boy
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Benimaru Nikaido:
get rid of
-Jhun(he sucks,all his moves suck!)
-Kasumi(only knows 1 special move)
-Chang(gross)
-Choi(idiot)
-Chin(time for retirement old man)
-Bao(maybe when you grow up a bit more)

The only possible explanation is that Jhun kicks your ass everytime.Anyway first things first.
Chang,Choi,Hinako,Ramon,Chin and Takuma must go.Replacements should be Goro,Billy,Eiji
Yamazaki and Heidern.

------------------
It's like i'm assisting suicide.Hate not me,hate your weakness.

Yojimbo

n00b
Well its obvious that the Kof series has been made by SNK to be a "Aggresive Combo Game".

So Ralf and Clark should get the axe straight away because players just use easy grab and normals.They hardely have any combos so they don't fit into what Kof "should be".

Following that Chang and Choi should get the chop....then Ramon unless they give him more combos...Yuri (getting boring)

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Clark and Ralf can be played aggressively.

These two are great to stop people who aren't into the whole "aggressive" game. Ever used these guys against turtlers? Works wonders.

------------------

PSY

n00b
the chang we are talking about is the one in the KOF series... the huge, chubby man with bald head and beard, and hits ppl with a huge iron ball..

not the chang in fatal fury...

i was here so late because everytime i access on.com i get redirected to here.. and only recently i learnt to click on the "forums" link
heh
silly me

Gaseous Snake

New Challenger

*prepares for the legions of people who will beg to have Kyo and Iori removed in 2k1*

legionnaire #1 present!

I seems everyone wants Bao, Chin, Choi and Chang to be removed. Basically, anyone different. Can't you see that these characters add variety to the game? What do you hate about them? That they fight differently? That you have to (shock! horror!) alter your tactics?
If it was up to you people you'd fill the game with Ryo clones...

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Not only gameplay wise, but character-wise they're irritating.

Would you like a little runt of a kid kicking your rear in real life that has an abnormally high pitched voice and was originally slated to be a girl in the first place?

But hey, I'm just asking who people think should leave. I agree with these people but I guess that doesn't necessarily make me right.

And FYI, I don't play Ryo. Kyo and Iori-style gameplay [namely being offensive], no matter what characters have it [K' can be played like these two] it is appeals to me since KoF was meant to be more of an aggresive game than other fighting games (though I am sure many of you will say otherwise).

Apparently you feel strongly about this issue. I do also.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Iie-Kyo (edited April 22, 2001).]

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
I've said it once and I'll say it again, the FF and AOF characters should take a hike. After KOF98, I had thought when SNK said KOF would take a new turn; that was what they were talking about; not this striker sh!t. Of course it will never happen. I haven't played KOF2K still, but it seems most people have something against Hinako and Ramon (Seems like the characters I like are always the most despised.). When (If?) I ever play KOF2K and I like what I see (Other than the Illustrations.), I'll disagree with dumping those two (There's always room for more grapplers.). Chang and Choi must go. Chang's auto-guard priorities get cheaper with each new game (I figure in KOF2001 he'll have it as an instant feature, like the Hulk.
mad.gif
) and Choi proves he can be just as cheap without it. Why do people insist of Kim's kids taking their place? If many don't care for Bao or Chris, I don't see Kim's kids being liked all that well either. Plus Kim values his boys too much to have them fight in a KOF tournament at such a young age (Just my opinion.). As for Bao, just give the runt some more recovery on his moves and zoning won't be so dominate (Though if he were dumped, I wouldn't complain either.). Chin retire? Sorry folks but in case you haven't noticed, there's usually always going to be scrub friendly characters in fighters (Not that I'm saying he shouldn't). Athena??? Damn it, am I the only person who likes her? I'm still amazed no one said dump the China team altogether. Oh well... Oh yeah, no edit characters too. Go back to teams only damn it!!!

---------------------------------------------

"Don't be scared! I'll only cut off one of your heads! Guess!"

Gaseous Snake

New Challenger
And FYI, I don't play Ryo. Kyo and Iori-style gameplay [namely being offensive], no matter what characters have it [K' can be played like these two] it is appeals to me since KoF was meant to be more of an aggresive game than other fighting games (though I am sure many of you will say otherwise).

Apparently you feel strongly about this issue. I do also.

Blah, Kyo/Ryo/Iori/K': These characters all have the same height, the same build. If all characters were like that then we would never have the Choi situation, whereby some attacks go over his head.
And KoF is an aggressive game, but that doesn't mean all characters should play that way. The very fact that that type of play doesn't always work means the developers are doing something right.

And why would you want Kim's sons in it? Let's take a look at the new Korea team:
Kim, Jhun, Jae Hoon, Dong Hwan. Does that really excite you? Really?

My vote is to dump andy and kensou. Their clothes suck. I never understood Hinako - a sumo that weighs 50kg?

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Try to be levelheaded about this dude. In no way am I personally attacking you but yet I seem to get the feeling that you're taking offense to my arguement. If I'm incorrect about this, I apologize.

Back on topic.

I do like Kim. Why? One because yes, his gameplay is offensive, two because he's Korean. My friends IRL even associate me with the character's personality, but that info is irrelevant for this topic. If they threw in his sons in 2001 and give some distinct differences between the three I'd pick'em.

There is a fair consensus here among the posters that gameplay (and not to mention character design) that is, as you say, different like Bao's, Choi's and Chang's is something we'd rather do away with. If SNK did remove these characters there would probably be a chorus of people complaining about their removal probably using the exact same arguements as you have used.

But hey, you really can't satisfy everyone, eh?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Iie-Kyo (edited April 22, 2001).]