Quick Questions...

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
I am currently playing and enjoying KOF '97.... and I was wondering.... what are the storylines behind:

1. Ryo Yamazaki

Where did he come from? What are his goals? etc.

2. Choi

Why is he so small? Why does he pick claws as his weapon of choice? Who exactly is he? What's his background info?

Thanks! I know you KOF fanatics can help me out. I like both of those characters and they're just fun to use!

LeonaMargoyle

NEST Puppet
Ryo-Something about wanting to take over his father's dojo? Otherwise no idea. =P

Choi-A butcher turned "evil." He apparently has a wife as well. =P

------------------
I enjoy long walks on the beach, and virgin margaritas.

I

Iori

Which do you want, Ryo or Yamazaki? I think you mean Ryuji Yamazaki, who is one of the 8 orochi gods

------------------
vicecharge.gif

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
He's Ryo Sakazaki's and Ryuji Yamazaki's love-child.

Makes you wonder about actor Andy Garcia.

Anyway's Ryuji's first ingame appearance was in Fatal Fury 3: Road to the Final Victory. He's a badassed Yakuza ganglord who will do anything to make money, ESPECIALLY if it involves killing people. In FF3 he started working for the Jins and was tearing up Southtown looking for the scrolls. Geese beat him and everyone else in FF3 though and got the scroll, and Ryuji was ticked off about this, but Geese just offered him MORE money to work for him instead, which is why he's on Geese's team in Real Bout 1 and KoF'97.

You NEED to play Fatal Fury 3: Road to the Final Victory. It's definitely worth your time.

Edit...

Choi Bounge was a Korean butcher with a family living an average life. He got bored with it and decided to run around town at night butchering people. While doing this at one point he met up with Chang Koehan and they became a team. Basically they'd go around mugging people and then beating+slicing them to death.

At one point they attempted to mug Kim Kap Hwan's wife while the two of them were walking down a street one night.

I think you can figure out what happens from here.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Neo Rasa (edited April 16, 2001).]

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Ahhhhh.... so basically Choi is a wannabe of "Jack the Ripper"... the madman that slashed women to death at night in London back in the late 1800s...

Thanks for all the info!

Krizalid

Marked Wolf
And also, It's Ryo Sakazaki, not Yamazaki.

------------------
Is good when girl meet boy in park but better when boy park meat in girl. ^.^

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Also the reason Choi's so damn short was because of some sort of disease or something... I've seen a senior citizen IRL that has something like Choi's condition.

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Steve: EXACTLY. He's completely deranged like that.

Anyways him and Chang are somewhat tame now that Kim has been 'reeducating them.' Before he put them on his team in King of Fighters '94 this consisted of Kim beating the living crap out of them whenever they tried to do anything wrong. They also try to escape almost every year.

When you beat Kim in RBS, if you're near the right side of the screen you'll notice Chang and Choi fly out of the training center hanging onto a balloon just as Kim hits the ground
smile.gif

Yamazaki is Geese's hired help he first appeared in FF3 as a secret character. I'm not that sure about anything else but I do know somethings.

Ryuji is supposed to be one of the Orochi guys but he is so insane to begin with that it doesn't matter.

Ryuji was entered so Geese could see about this Riot of the Blood, Mary and Billy were included to watch him, however Mary was there to really keep tabs on them both.

Ryuji should have some rivalry with Terry.

and that's all I know, I'm sure Testament could tell you more she's a huge Yamazaki fan.

------------------
Mick Kensou- Chilli Cook Extraodinaire

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
There's a little more, Ryuji is only playabe in FF3 on the NeoCD (and I think home cart) versions via a cheat code. He appears halfway through the game as the first boss you fight and then again for a second fight right after you fight Geese. The cutscene leading up to it was cool, it's like all the fights inbetween were you chasing him around town, then after fighting Geese Cheng picks you up in his chopper to try to catch Ryuji at the Southtown trainstation before he leaves town.

There's also multiple endings per character depending on how many times you continue, etc. If you do poorly then the game can end after your second Yamazaki fight, the Chonshu fight, or the Chonrei fight.

On top of this Blue Mary never finds this out but the agency she was working for is secretly OWNED by Geese Howard.
smile.gif

Ryuji is one of the eight Orochis but he's sort of like Vice in that he's so insane and angry at the time from the Hakkeshu insanity that he's kind of always semi-blood rioted, yet can never fully go Orochi like Iori and Leona did.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Didn't Iori and Leona go Orochi because somebody 'activated' their Orochi blood within him or something? I know they didn't willingly go into the Riot.

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Yeah, to punish Guidel, Goenitz triggered Leona's blood riot when she was six years old or so and made her destroy her family and her entire village. Iori was a lunatic to begin with, so he just sorta spontaneously blood rioted when he was a kid and murdered his own mother. Her blood got in his hair and he's had naturally red hair ever since.

AFTER the events in '97, they say that the curse is over. I think this means that Iori and Leona (everyone else is dead
tongue.gif
) now have more control over their 'Orochi-ness' and no longer have shortened lifespans.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
I didn't mean their childhoods (but they're an interesting background story!). I mean when they turned into Orochi Leona and Iori in '97. Somebody forced them into it right?

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

Bufa

Crossed Swords Squire
didn't Choi have a wife before he became generally evil? *shudder*

also, was Chang and Choi's cameos in the Fatal Fury games apear before or after their debut in KoF '94?

------------------
- Bufa [Site: Freakling]
The Baxendell Manouvre punishes the cheap.

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iie-Kyo:
I didn't mean their childhoods (but they're an interesting background story!). I mean when they turned into Orochi Leona and Iori in '97. Somebody forced them into it right?

No,it was the resurection of Orochi that caused their dormant Orochi blood to awaken but Leona and Iori are not pure blooded Orochi so both of them go insane,henceforth the Riot of the Blood.

Iie-Kyo

Morden's Lackey
Ah, gotcha, thanks. I was trying to figure that out for the longest time.

And they get snapped outta their Riot when Kyo and Orochi Iori and a bunch of other people beat the snot outta Orochi right?

------------------
"Ore no, kachi da!!!"

Shingo_Yabuki

New Challenger
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Iie-Kyo:
Ah, gotcha, thanks. I was trying to figure that out for the longest time.

And they get snapped outta their Riot when Kyo and Orochi Iori and a bunch of other people beat the snot outta Orochi right?

Well after Orochi was defeated,the Orochi blood in Iori and Leona went dormant once again.Actually it was Chizuru,Kyo and Iori that defeated Orochi,Chizuru and Iori prevented Orochi from attacking and Kyo finished it with his Mu Shiki.