Characters that Only Made One Appearance

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
I know Eiji was only in '95, and the Boss team was only in '96. Where there any other characters that only had one playable (non-striker, non-background decoration) appearance?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
You could add Foxy to that list, since a new KOF has yet to be announced and it's unsure if she will even be in it if it comes out.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
david:
I believe XiangFei was one of them.
99 & 2001

if you will add bosses, Igniz, Orochi blah blah blah .........

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Eiji was in aof2 and kof '95. Xiangfei was in rb2, kof '99, kof 2k1 (maybe kof 2k, i dunno). Foxy has only shown up in kof 2k1. im pretty sure saishu was only in kof '95.

Solidus Snake

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Magnaflux:
Eiji was in aof2 and kof '95. Xiangfei was in rb2, kof '99, kof 2k1 (maybe kof 2k, i dunno). Foxy has only shown up in kof 2k1. im pretty sure saishu was only in kof '95.
I think he means KOF.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux:
you mean Saisyo? he was in 98 :D

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
tsukaesugi:
I know Eiji was only in '95, and the Boss team was only in '96. Where there any other characters that only had one playable (non-striker, non-background decoration) appearance?
Do you mean in KOF? Because Eiji wasn't just in KOF95. wink

Hmmm, not counting the bosses, I can't think of anyone that's only been in one time.

Spike

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
I guess the creator of this topic has answered his own question. :)
Aside from the obvious bosses(except Rugal), Eiji, krauser, Geese, Mr big and probably foxy, there is none i can think of...

tsukaesugi

Devil_Gans:
I guess the creator of this topic has answered his own question.
Aside from the obvious bosses(except Rugal), Eiji, krauser, Geese, Mr big and probably foxy, there is none i can think of...
LOL, I guess you're right. Tora might be on to something though, I think one of the Kyo clones was only in '99...

ray_7

Really wanted to see more of Eiji, probably with completely redrawn graphic, MOTW style (just like 2k2 Kim).

That would be interesting...

tsukaesugi

Stephane:
you can play with orochi leona and orochi iori only in the 97 !
That's right, I forgot about them. OK, now our list reads:

Eiji
Mr. Big
Geese
Krauser
Foxy
Clone Kyo from KOF99
Orochi Leona
Orochi Iori

OK, any other one appearance/ non-boss/ non-striker/ playable caharacters in the KOF series?

<small>[ February 11, 2003, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: tsukaesugi ]</small>

tsukaesugi

Tora Kouhi:
well Orochi Leona was half-ass playable in KOF2k2
You're right too! Damn, forgot about that as well. I'm not doing a very good job at this...

OK, the new list reads:
Eiji
Mr. Big
Geese
Krauser
Foxy
Clone Kyo from KOF99
Orochi Iori

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Eiji should have returned in yamazaki's team, and Blue mary should have been with the Girls team. Choi and Chang should have been left out, and Jhun and May Lee should have been in their place. Master's team should have been in 2k2.

which kyo clone is the one that only made one appearance? I thought it was both?

tsukaesugi

Orochi_Flava:
Eiji should have returned in yamazaki's team, and Blue mary should have been with the Girls team. Choi and Chang should have been left out, and Jhun and May Lee should have been in their place. Master's team should have been in 2k2.

which kyo clone is the one that only made one appearance? I thought it was both?
Nope, there's a Clone Kyo in KOF2002. The code for accessing him is:

highlight Kyo, press U,D,R,L,D,U,L,R

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
tsukaesugi:
Orochi_Flava:

LOL, I know all about Kusanagi...but he isnt one of the clones from 99....If anything, he may be Kyo-3, but I don't think Playmore has completely made up their mind about him yet. I guess we can add the 99 clones to the 1 timer's list also.

If we go by the KOF Comic, "Kusanagi" is the orignal Kyo tapping into the Orochi side of his blood, and his clone "Kyo-3" discovers his humanity and names himself "Kusanagi."

One way or another we will figure it all out eventually!!

tsukaesugi

Orochi_Flava:
tsukaesugi:
Orochi_Flava:

LOL, I know all about Kusanagi...but he isnt one of the clones from 99....If anything, he may be Kyo-3, but I don't think Playmore has completely made up their mind about him yet. I guess we can add the 99 clones to the 1 timer's list also.

If we go by the KOF Comic, "Kusanagi" is the orignal Kyo tapping into the Orochi side of his blood, and his clone "Kyo-3" discovers his humanity and names himself "Kusanagi."

One way or another we will figure it all out eventually!!
OK, in that case, we've got three more one-timers:

the two clones
and
Kusanagi

Alkanan

Sakura's Bank Manager
lol, you shouldn't count the clones seeing as they're just kyo sprites rehashed.