A call to arms

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Everyone that has been screwed by Vektorlogic and paid through paypal should report him. Seriously from what people are saying it sounds like he's not delivering what has been promised. People asked for boxes and asked for the kits to be undamaged then he took peoples money and fucked shit up. If he was a seller in the states I'd say let's head to the BBB but I don't know if there is much they can do. Paypal though we can hit him where it hurts.

Ken Dodd

n00b
The problem with that is, you aren't screwing him - he'll continue to deal with trade and be unaffected.

The people its screwing up is non-collectors who just want to play games rather than look at pretty brown boxes.

He's already said he won't deal with collectors anymore if he gets pushed he'll just stop dealing with gamers/the public.

Either way I doubt it will make any difference to him, but will screw up a lot of people who rely on him for games.

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Originally posted by Ken Dodd:
<strong>The problem with that is, you aren't screwing him - he'll continue to deal with trade and be unaffected.

The people its screwing up is non-collectors who just want to play games rather than look at pretty brown boxes.

He's already said he won't deal with collectors anymore if he gets pushed he'll just stop dealing with gamers/the public.

Either way I doubt it will make any difference to him, but will screw up a lot of people who rely on him for games.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi Jeff

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
BWAHAHAHAH

man... way to blow his spot, joe. :D

Jeff should take a look at the bad parts of his life and ask where he was the fault in each of them...

Neo Sparks
His marriage
Vektorlogic

There's a thing called responsibility and another called "follow through" - gotta learn them both, man. Otherwise it'll all fall apart.

Ken Dodd

n00b
Originally posted by Galford Forever:
<strong>

Hi Jeff</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hrmmm. I'm not jeff, nor would I want to be.

I'm a nornal gamer not interested in the cardboard box my games come in (just like I don't collect the boxes my microwave, refrigerator, TV, dvd player etc come in - other than for warrenty purposes).

There are very few UK arcade retailers (Vektorlogic, Swallow, Videtronics, JNC plus a few others), so having one less isn't an appealing thought.

You kids are getting delusional if you seriously believe that I'm geoff.

C

Caris Nautilus

<strong>I'm a nornal gamer not interested in the cardboard box my games come in (just like I don't collect the boxes my microwave, refrigerator, TV, dvd player etc come in - other than for warrenty purposes).</strong><hr></blockquote>

You're either Jeff or someone who works for him.

You just had a burning desire to sign up all the sudden and speak out regarding THIS issue? Uh huh.

If every customer is complaining about you're service, there must be a problem, one person I can see, but theres like 10+ in the other thread.

Galford Forever

Originally posted by Drift King EX:
<strong>

You just had a burning desire to sign up all the sudden and speak out regarding THIS issue? Uh huh.

If every customer is complaining about you're service, there must be a problem, one person I can see, but theres like 10+ in the other thread.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, it's pretty suspect if you ask me. But either way the concensus seems to be that no Vektorlogic is better than shitty customer service and broken merchandise. He's not the exclusive provider of all things Hyper 64 so people will just take their money elsewhere unless Jeff can turns things around.

Ken Dodd

n00b
Originally posted by Drift King EX:
<strong>

You just had a burning desire to sign up all the sudden and speak out regarding THIS issue? Uh huh.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Umm no - I registered and posted before this - if you search for my posts I made a few before then.

I live on the opposite side of the country to vektorlogic, I work for noone else and I don't have a 'burning desire' to speak out on any issue.

I WILL be ordering from vektorlogic (this week in fact) and I expect everything to go smoothly. If it doesn't I won't sit at the computer whining about it, I'll get the situation resolved - wether that is with or without the vendors help.

I ran a videogame shop a few years back so know what a vocal minority can be like - which is why I decided to post on this thread.

Like I say I'll order from there - if everything is well, great. If not I'll get it sorted out. Thats the difference between us.

I don't accuse all 'collectors' of being the same person (as I can't imagine there are more than 3 people on the planet who care about cardboard boxes), so please don't accuse me of being someone else just because I am a gamer - interested in the games and only the games; not the shipping boxes.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Oh....kay...

you mistook what we meant by boxes.

See, the boxes that he shipped the games in weren't meant to be shipping boxes but the actual kit boxes - it's like, if you get a new genesis game, do you toss out the box for that? Hell no.

The first time I ordered from him he put my boxes inside another box and shipped it - the way it's supposed to be.

Galford Forever

Originally posted by EvilWasabi:
<strong>Oh....kay...

you mistook what we meant by boxes.

See, the boxes that he shipped the games in weren't meant to be shipping boxes but the actual kit boxes - it's like, if you get a new genesis game, do you toss out the box for that? Hell no.

The first time I ordered from him he put my boxes inside another box and shipped it - the way it's supposed to be.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sshhhh.... he's a man of action. There's no need to tell him.

EKW

n00b
Humm... I have to say, I don't Care for the boxs... I'm an arcade operator and all that maters to me is that the game is in one pice.
What you are doing is fucking him over for some boxs... You get your money back from paypal.. And keep the stuff.. Sounds prity fucked to me... If he dosn't refund the money for the items.. Then thats diff. I DO plan to buy from him.. For the unit, not the box. Not trying to start a any probs, But it makes it hard for others like my self.

Thats all for me,
EKW

Galford Forever

Originally posted by EKW:
<strong>Humm... I have to say, I don't Care for the boxs... I'm an arcade operator and all that maters to me is that the game is in one pice.
What you are doing is fucking him over for some boxs... You get your money back from paypal.. And keep the stuff.. Sounds prity fucked to me... If he dosn't refund the money for the items.. Then thats diff. I DO plan to buy from him.. For the unit, not the box. Not trying to start a any probs, But it makes it hard for others like my self.

Thats all for me,
EKW</strong><hr></blockquote>

This is my very last thread addressing this exact same thing. We're beating a dead horse here. You obviously read all those other threads in that other topic so you must know.

Let's settle two fallacies in your arguments:
1. The only complaint here is about a bunch of boxes -->

Re-read that thread and tell me that again

2. I'm screwing Jeff over -->

I paid him a premium for new old stock Hyper items. I received a censored game and a missing box (some kits had them, one didn't). I then paid about $100 on top of that for a non-censored game and a replacement boxes, including shipping (I also ordered another game at that time which I did not include in that amount I just listed).

It's not like he just didn't know what I wanted. He knew what I wanted and botched up the order (a second time!!!). So now I've paid a whole boat load of money and still haven't gotten what I wanted.

Also, I have not "fucked him over". I did not ask paypal for a refund yet. But the credit card bill is coming up soon and I will likely try to get the charges held until the situation is resolved.

Now I'm not the only one who has had some very heated complaints about Vektorlogic. I'm just the poster-boy as of late. Personally, you can think what you want... I honestly don't care. But you should get your facts straight.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
<strong>The problem with that is, you aren't screwing him - he'll continue to deal with trade and be unaffected.

Either way I doubt it will make any difference to him, but will screw up a lot of people who rely on him for games.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Problem is from what I understand he's sitting on hundreds of Hyper 64 pcbs and motherboards, and the only people who want those are collectors and gamers, not arcade operators. If Jeff doesn't cater to this market, he might as well just throw away all those boards . . . cause in the current arcade market, they're garbage. No arcade op in his right mind would buy Hyper games when they were dismal commercial failures, and won't begin to attract players like other fighting games like MvC2, the Tekken games, etc. So if Jeff doesn't get off his fat ass and address his customer's needs, its his own loss . . .

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Originally posted by EKW:
<strong>Humm... I have to say, I don't Care for the boxs... I'm an arcade operator and all that maters to me is that the game is in one pice.

Thats all for me,
EKW</strong><hr></blockquote>

Proof positive that being an arcade operator doesn't require a high school education.

That's all for me,
REV

Zizzer

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I was in my local arcade ops warehouse a while back and he has about 100 MVS boxes with just the artwork/dip switch sheet in them, no carts. But I know that the second I ask for them he would suddenly think they are worth $50 each.
*sigh* they'll probably just get thrown out eventually.

Mike