What New Hyper 64 Game Would U Like To See?

Title says it all really - what would you just love to play on the system - no fighters, that's a definite, and not another driver.

3D Bomberman
2D or 3D Pengo
Shoot em up
Gun shooting game

Would welcome your comments

Jeff F

Dekuina

n00b
I wouldn't mind seeing Last Blade 3(D). :D

Okay, really... From that selection I guess I would like to see 3D Bomberman. That game is always fun...

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
a 2d game,

lets see its supposed 2d power,

ray_7

Yes, a 2d game please. and i would definitely get myself a hyper setup.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Hi Res 2D bomber man would rule!!! :D ]

Edit - so your actually making new games for definate then jeff?! while were on the subject what happend to all the MVS games?!

[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: NeoDragoN ]</p>

Parallax Abstraction

King's Dry Cleaner
Personally, I'd love to see a shooter game, but that's me. Shooters have always been my passion so that would be my first choice. I would agree that we don't need another fighter. There's more than plenty of those on the 16-bit hardware. So, does this mean you might be developing new games Jeff?

There will be new neo 16 bit games ready for the shows in the 3rd quarter of '03. Sparks will not be one of them - the games will be much better and there will be some hardware extensions on board the carts to enhance the neo system capabilities - that's all on that for now.

Following that I am looking at the OS for the Hyper and what we can put on it - there are a number of games that I am looking at licenses for, but I am just interested to see what you would play in the arcades and at home.

We only have capacity for 2000 new motherboards and about 4000 carts - so enough for one run of complete units and then one run of software only sales.

Fire anything at me, with the exception of fighting games - would welcome views on a new Robotron style game for 16 bit and 64 bit also - one of my faves......

Thanks for the support over the last year - pretty shi**y but we are back on the old timeline - a year and a half later.

JF

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
I would like to see someone develop 2D software for the Hyper. As for resurrecting classic software like Robotron (you did mention something about licenses): why not release a Berzerk clone instead?

[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: NeoLord ]</p>

Parallax Abstraction

King's Dry Cleaner
I'd love to see a Robotron remake even more than a standard shooter title. A remake of that title for either the 16 or 64 bit hardware would be something I'd lay down money for guaranteed. Same as if a good quality shooter were to be produced as well. Jeff, are there any mailing lists you have or plan to create on the subject of these new games which I could maybe get on? I'd love to keep up with news on this new venture of your's. Thanks!

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Something 2D for sure.

My question is though which board would it be compatable with. The fighting board since that is the one you distribute? Another question would be what kind of price point are we looking at?

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
Robotron wouldn't really work with the standard Neogeo button layout though, would it?

A vertical shooter would be cool.. Something like layer section maybe?

But perhaps you should "play it safe", what genre of games do you sell the most of?

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
p.s, (going off topic..)

Jeff

My family got me an MVS 6slot from you for my christmas present, an Electrocoin Sports Centre. I'm very happy with it, thanks :)

Do you know if I'll be able to put a Hyper motherboard in ok? Or an STV? Do you still have the Hyper bundles in stock, I might treat myself :)

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Windjammers 64.

This all sounds well and good, but werent we told this <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000013" target="_blank">before</a>? Not saying it wont happen, but if something was planned on being released "soon" I would think the game would have been past the "What Game to Make" stage.

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
If Vektorlogic have their libraries in place, as well as the 3D rendering engine (not game logic, just the transformation/projection code) they could very well have a game out "soon". Alot of the programming that goes into games can be "generic" and be used/reused for different projects.

Definitely have something to show in the third quarter of this year. Even if they haven't started anything at all they could still have something to show this year.

Although having said that I don't know how complex the hyper is and what tools they have.

A new Windjammers (style) game would be perfect! It's also quite a simple game and would be a perfect "first" game to develop.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
If you're avoiding fighters, then I'd go for a 2D shooter like Blazing Star/Ikaruga or a 3D shooter like the first Starfox. I think the graphics, sound, and gameplay possible on the Hyper allow for a good shooter even by today's standards.

Scrolling shooters and/or beatemups like Metal Slug and D&D/TMNT are also nice, but there's an awful lot of them out there, very few of which have the gameplay needed for that genre to work. Puzzle games are a similar case, there are a lot of them out there but most of them are not Magical Drop.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Agreed, but modelling and ART take a shitload of time too, not just the engine/tools etc.

Originally posted by robert-gamble:
<strong>If Vektorlogic have their libraries in place, as well as the 3D rendering engine (not game logic, just the transformation/projection code) they could very well have a game out "soon". Alot of the programming that goes into games can be "generic" and be used/reused for different projects.

Definitely have something to show in the third quarter of this year. Even if they haven't started anything at all they could still have something to show this year.

Although having said that I don't know how complex the hyper is and what tools they have.

A new Windjammers (style) game would be perfect! It's also quite a simple game and would be a perfect "first" game to develop.</strong><hr></blockquote>

robert-gamble

Armored Scrum Object
It would be half way there though. Besides we don't know what kind of standard they're aiming for with the art.. I doubt that whatever they come up with will be anywhere near MOTW standards.. Probably somewhere between homebrew and commercial.

There won't be any games for H64 this year - that's a fact - time won't allow for that and the 16 bit games are a priority for the rest of 03. H64 will be a project after JAMMA and AMOA although the artwork etc will not be a limiting factor in game production.

I was just after some feedback as to what private buyers were looking for as I already have some feedback from operators.

I think we have a direction to move in so we'll have to wait until the work is done on the BIOS and other functionality areas before a final decision is made.

As far as 16 bit goes - there are people on the forum who know what work is being done, but this time around there will be no early release of info - for very obvious reasons.

Take care all

JF

PS - tbe neo cab that Ms Gamble bought will take any jamma system :-) that includes H64 and CPS2 etc etc