Questions... questions... more questions...

Angry Foo

n00b
Sweet mercy, children... If I don't get help I am going to cane myself to death. I have the Hyper Neo 64, the Super Nova from Mas, and I am still ignorant as hell. I remember reading about all these problems before, but cannot find the answers anymore.

First problem is the 4th button. As I heard before with others, it doesn't work. I didn't think I would have this problem, because I told Mas what I needed the joysticks for. Is there any way Mas can wire this for me, or can I plug in the 10-pin auxiliary connector to the motherboard? Or is it what I suspect, and that is I have to connect it myself. Somebody please tell me what is the easiest way to get this damn 4th button to work.

Also, does this test button exist, or do I have to wire it myself as said in another post? I don't mind the work, but I have no idea about how this board works and I am a hazard with tools. Like I said, Mas told me the Super Nova is all I need to play with the Hyper 64. If anyone can guide me through this, I would be very grateful...

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
It sounds like you have a standard Jamma setup. The hyper has a Jamma + setup.. Meaning the 4th button is on the Jamma itself. Most 3+ button Jamma games like SF have an auxilliary port to hook to. The Neo Geo systems use the extra connector below Player 1 Button 3 and Player 2 Button 3 ports on the Jamma connector. You need to wire the 4th button to the pins after the button 3 ports. Then it will work. I believe the test button is the same as a regular Jamma, I have not had any problems with it in my cabnet. Hope this help...

Angry Foo

n00b
Does this mean I have to wire it myself? The instructions just said to attach the 10-pin connector to the 10-pin adapter cable??? I want to play the Samurai Shodown 64 games with the joystick. If I do have to wire this self, can somebody that is famliar with the Super Nova wiring please give me a very detailed and simple way to wire this (including tools). I have very little knowledge on how to handle wires. Thank you for your help so far...

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
You do not need the 10 pin connector to use the fourth button. Do you have the 6 button config or the four. Odds are the wired it up wrong(thats what they did to me) This is what I did. Take the back off of a joystick and go into the hyper test mode. Then touch the unsoldered wires to button 4 and see which one registers a "press" on the screen. once you find it, connect that wire. You have to play with it a little bit. I understand your frustration and if you need more help you can e-mail me.