Hyper Neo explanation

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Hello,

This is mostly directed to easy, bruno and smoke ya since you guys seem to know the most about this system. I remember when it came out, it was all hyped up, but then crashed and burned and nothing much ever came of it. I see it can be obtained rather cheaply, but I was wondering if you could clarify for me how much stuff I would need to set one up. I dont have the space for an arcade cabinet, so what is all the stuff(and total cost
smile.gif
I would need to hook it up to a regular ol' TV set?

Also, is there any webpage you guys have or know of with pictures, info, etc on it? I played FF:WA on the PS and although it was chunky and stuff, I enjoyed it. How do the real hyper games compare to the PS versions?

thanks!

SmokeYa

Crossed Swords Squire
Basically here is what you need to play the Hyper64 on your TV:

1. Hyper64 + 1 cartridge: $300-$350
2. SuperNova Arcade System (www.massystems.com): $295

Total: $595-$645

Of course the Supernova can be used with any other JAMMA compatable pcb also.

Also, the Hyper64 games are WAY BETTER then the PS versions.

[This message has been edited by SmokeYa (edited September 27, 2000).]

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
yep (just get a hyper and a super nova and your set!) but you might want to ask them for a standarder neo geo controler (4-button and not the basic streetfighter 6-buttons). it will cost alittle nore due to they will have to connecet the 4-button on the harness (due to the system is bascily a 3-button on jamma harness and the other 3 buttons on the exrta kick harness) but that a rather small mode and sould not cost that much!

i say this is what i see it will cost

1- hyper board 150 dollars (or with game 350 dollars)
1- super nova with 2 neo geo 4-button controlers and mod 370 dollars (but not to sure on that price!)i could be cheaper or more!!!

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Cool, let me ask you something else, do the games work the same as NG ones? For example, if I have a US system and a Jap. game, will it display in English?

eazy

Cheng's Errand Boy
yes! you can turn the japan boards to english as well! but i get amercan only due to the copyright issue at the begging of the game and affter every game! but for a home system it does not matter due to they both (amercan and japan displays english!)