Which is best English or Japanese board? What version 1 or 2??

KainDC

New Challenger
Hi, Just need info about which is the best Hyper neo geo 64 board to get. I hear there are 2 version of boards, And English and Japnanese board. Can someone plz help me out the decide the best board.

thanks for you time and help.

KainDC

New Challenger
I would like the text and option to display in English if that's possible.

thanks.

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by KainDC:
Hi, Just need info about which is the best Hyper neo geo 64 board to get. I hear there are 2 version of boards, And English and Japnanese board. Can someone plz help me out the decide the best board.

thanks for you time and help.

Both boards are in full english, and can play games in jpanese or english, Theres no difference in that

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by Caris Nautilus:
Both boards are in full english, and can play games in jpanese or english, Theres no difference in that

If i were you i'd get a japanese board, They don't need the power supply to run, Mine doesn't. But I know all USA boards need the power supply to even run.

Also the jap stuff would be cheaper, Unless you REALLY want the cart label to be in english, The jap version is identical to the USA version in every way.

KainDC

New Challenger
Another question, what version of board should i get? I hear there are 2 versions.

Also, is your sound wire on your jamma harness? or it plugs to the side of the PCB

thanks.

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by KainDC:
Another question, what version of board should i get? I hear there are 2 versions.

Also, is your sound wire on your jamma harness? or it plugs to the side of the PCB

thanks.

You get no sound from the jamma connector. The sound is stereo on a seperate connector just like on the big style MVS board, There are 4 pins, Left stereo, Right stereo and the ground ground. All you do is either wire them to your cabs speakers or some other speakers., But unlike the mvs there is no mono/stereo switch, So you get no sound from the actual jamma edge connector.