Congratulations to Shawn for MS3 finally selling out

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Just felt an official congratulations was in order to Shawn for finally moving the Metal Slug 3 US stock completely. It took quite a long time to do, but it was finally done. I had my doubts if it would or would not get moved, but I was proved wrong.

500 lucky souls including myself own a Slug 3 US, definitely one cart I will never get rid of for how damn good the game is.

Anyhow, congratulations Shawn, it certainly must be nice to not have to look at any more of those carts, now if only Sengoku 3 could get sold. wink

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Sengoku 3, Matrimelee, and MS4 will sell out eventually, these are fairly original titles, many gamers want them and simply need to save up for them, this takes time, my concerns are actually those US KOFs as it gets updated every year, looks like Shawn really needs to be careful with KOF quantities each yr, else they might end up being doorstops.

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
i was gonna get it when i get an aes crying frown

Shawn

snkusa.com
Thanks for the congratulations, but the real thanks must go to all of the customers. You have essentially made it possible for the English version home releases to continue all this time.

There were a total of 113 preorders for English Metal Slug 3 by release, which was on September 18th, 2001. That left 387 copies available. My concern was that Metal Slug 3 already had two prior home releases. The 1st run Japanese home release, which experienced an inflated secondary market price of $500 at it’s peak, then a 2nd run Japanese home release to meet the remaining demand (missing the gold warning label).

It wasn’t until a month after the 2nd run Japanese home release that US MS3 AES was made available, and this makes me wonder how well the English version would have moved if released concurrently with 1st run Japanese MS3. Despite the fact that this was basically the 3rd home release for MS3, this title has proven to be a very successful seller and it basically sold itself due to its reputation. Of course Mike’s count down thread apparently helped towards the very end. wink

FYI, after its release, the rate of sales for US MS3 AES averaged one copy every 1.6 days, or 4.2 pieces per week. Also, based on the preliminary preorder emails received for SVC Chaos, I anticipate this next release to be by far the most popular title ever distributed through this site. SVC Chaos AES preorders will officially open this week.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Shawn
Thanks for the congratulations, but the real thanks must go to all of the customers.
*Blushes* :o
SVC Chaos AES preorders will officially open this week.
Consider my wallet yours wink

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Man, US MS3 was sitting at 20 copies for the LONGEST time, then I buy one and everybody gets a piece of the action. I guess I'm a trend setter make_fac

I love my copy of MS3, being my first "big tymer" Neo purchase, it was worth every penny. Its been planted in my AES for the past 2 weeks, HASN'T MOVED. All hail Metal Slug 3 buttrock

I reckon a lot of people here were trying to get it for the best possible price, as soon as it whent below 20 people got twitchy (realising it just wasn't going to go down any more). The same rush happened for the last 10 copies of ROTD :-) this is a MUCH better game though buttrock .

Congrats to all the people who bought it lets hope MS5 will be a return to form! :-)

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
This is great news.
It looks like MS4 is heading the same way too.

Sythe

Ninja Combat Warrior
Congragulations!!

I found it kind of funny when I read this, my friend james had been wanting to get slug 3 for a while now and yesterday he finally got the money from working and bought it. I now consider him to be one of the luckiest people alive buttrock

Now let the inflated EBAY prices begin :D

Jedite

Bunker Buster
I'm so happy! I got my Metal Slug 3 from the Neostore! I bought the 1st run version JPN version of Metal Slug 3 for $259! I don't care if the price was a bit high, but, I'm so glad I got this game before I couldn't find it anymore. glee

there is about 2-3 copies a week appear on ebay seems to be one of the most popular carts to sell
i have seen a couple go for $180.00 i think i will try and pick one up on egay

ZeroMJ

Amusaka's Lacky
Man, I got mine when the 2nd run came out. Since then I sold my AES and the games I had for it (kind of wish I didn't) but oh well. I have my MVS... which I didn't buy any games for a while. When I finally bought my first MVS game in like literally a year the fucking guy decided to take my money and never send me an e-mail again! Yay!

rhiohki

Dodgeball Yakuza
yes congrats. I feel honored to be the last one to purchase the US Slug 3...the swan song of its US release in the Neo Store...the ending chapter in a tale yet to be re-told for the up and coming neo geo enthusiasts. wink wink

SolidSnakeII

Marked Wolf
Jedite:
I'm so happy! I got my Metal Slug 3 from the Neostore! I bought the 1st run version JPN version of Metal Slug 3 for $259! I don't care if the price was a bit high, but, I'm so glad I got this game before I couldn't find it anymore. glee
Good choice. Got the same one earlier. I love it.

SolidSnakeII

Marked Wolf
SVC Chaos AES preorders will officially open this week.

Great news!!!!!!! and FELICIDADES Shawn.

aria

Former Moderator
Those statistics were interesting. I never thought about it that way. .

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Its weird. If you cut out the MS3, it sounds like: "Congratulations to Shawn for finally selling out"
I aint having none of that jazz though..
I'll most likely preorder me a US SVC in the upcoming month.

That doesnt mean I wont be prostituting like mercouri.
My door is always open..