The real news on Samurai Showdown(shodown) 5!!!!!!!!!!!

Moria/the one

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Check out this news deal from That www.neonews place!
"4/22/01
NiTD, Sengoku 3, KOF 2K1, and Samurai Shodown 5!
In a recent Press Release, SNK of Japan mentioned that 4 MVS games would be making their way to the Neo-Geo cartridge system. Nightmare in the Dark, Sengoku 3, King of Fighters 2001, and Samurai Shodown 5 will all see an official home release without the aid of certain distributor. According to inside sources at SNK, Samurai Shodown 5 will include a new cast of characters. Look for the return of Haohmaru, Hanzo, and Genjuro , but don't expect the remaining cast to make the transition.

Capcom is a no-go!
Rumors of Capcom purchasing the intellectual properties to SNK were false. According to
an Aruze informant, "It wouldn't have been in Aruze's best interest to sell leading franchises like Samurai Shodown to a company like Capcom.". Just an idol rumor? We think the Capcom rumor was a fabrication.

The truth about SNK of Japan
Don't make light of this: SNK is finally returning to the Western and European markets. SNK had
to relieve its financial burden by filing for chapter 11. Now debt free, SNK will be establishing small distributions centers throughout the Western and European territories to sell their product once again. SNK has also employed 3rd party distributors to pay for distribution and advertising (can we say Apple Photo Systems?).

A_Sombra

New Challenger
Some of this sounds great, but if they put all those stinkin' Warrior's Rage characters in SS5, I'll be mighty pissed. Also, what's SS without Nakoruru? I dislike the kawaii nature freak, but still...

Neo Rasa

Whip's Subordinate
Please, they could make a 2D SS game with JUST Shiki in it and I'd love it! >:)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bufa

Crossed Swords Squire
if that news got any better, i'd say you'd have to be lying.

confused.gif

i have my doubts at the moment, but i'm not about to blindly point my finger and shout "WITCH!"

could you please give the address to your source? it'd make me believe a whole lot more.

baller99

Banned
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neo Rasa:
Please, they could make a 2D SS game with JUST Shiki in it and I'd love it! >
smile.gif
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i agree, any 2d samurai shodown is a godsend

Brandon St Randy

I was Daigo before that other one, ,
smile.gif
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

it better be true...SS needs one last hurrah..

Yes, just her, just Shiki.....*pulls out his Shiki wallscroll*

SOOOOOO HOT........

*ZIP*

Lurker

New Challenger
What? No Ukyo?!?!

He's been in every samurai shodown game except for Warrior's rage!

He has got to be in it!!!!!!!>_<

*shakes his head and forces himself to believe Ukyo is in it anyway*

EL GADO

n00b
smile.gif
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiki, if i'm not wrong is the nasty girl from Samurai 64, and with knives too....
cool babe...but not in the game
only the art was fine

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I will be disappointed if Galford does not make a return, but I will take what I can get. Thank God SS is back.

------------------
Coming Soon: SNKvsCap.com

Video game consoles are like football leagues. If it starts with "X", it's going to flop.

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
Ukyo must have succumbed to his TB...

But nevertheless, it would be great to see Samurai Showdown 5 in the arcades anytime soon. To be honest, I've never seen or played it before in the arcade, except once back in my hometown arcade. But it was taken away soon after.
frown.gif
It'll be cool to start learning a new fighting game.

*looks at empty wallet*

Oh boy... >_<;;

*starts saving*

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
NNNNNOOOOOOO!!! Ukyo has to be in Samurai Shodown 5! I don't care if they have to carry him into each match on a strecher!
smile.gif

------------------
fetch.dll

Don't plague the gaming market :)

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
GRrrr..... I saw a 3 in that report.... but not the 3 I wanted to see!

On the brighter side, whoo hoo! Welcome back Gen-AN!

Heero Yuy

n00b
Ah yes this would be awsome cant wait to see how it looks
biggrin.gif

------------------
I love my computer, you're always in the mood. I get so turned on when I turn you, I love my computer, you never ask for me. You can be a princess, or you can be my whore. And its never been a quite so easy.

Enki

n00b
No Charlotte, no Amakusa, no Mizuki, no Nkaoruru, no Shizumaru, no Saya, no none of them? Oy...

Am I the only one who gets the impression that lately, SNK news are as disapointing as they are great? It's like some freaky duality balancing itself out.

But SS5!! I'll like it anyway
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Enki (edited April 23, 2001).]

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Holy cow, many new games there! If SNK would hit the Western European market that would be just so sweet, no more importising! Meaby english transalations too...

Cho

------------------
''Do as you like, it is not my job to kill you''

Fat Cat Lim

Geese's Thug
What if Samurai Shodown 5 will be like Garou: Mark of the Wolves? Retain a certain few old characters and have them set in the future? We could see characters/offsprings of mixed fighting styles from the older characters like Charlotte, Ukyo, and the like. Who knows? Maybe they'll introduce a new storyline where the industrial revolution is approaching...

Fat Cat Lim

------------------
Mysterious. Debonair. Criminally Insane.

Heero Yuy

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fat Cat Lim:
What if Samurai Shodown 5 will be like Garou: Mark of the Wolves? Retain a certain few old characters and have them set in the future? We could see characters/offsprings of mixed fighting styles from the older characters like Charlotte, Ukyo, and the like. Who knows? Maybe they'll introduce a new storyline where the industrial revolution is approaching...

Fat Cat Lim

Now thats a great Idea FCL
biggrin.gif

------------------
I love my computer, you're always in the mood. I get so turned on when I turn you, I love my computer, you never ask for me. You can be a princess, or you can be my whore. And its never been a quite so easy.

zy-

n00b
WOw I hope in turns out like, MOTW!
aswome graphics top animtion.
but more chars.

DO you think it should play like last blade though?

I Kinda think ss series does not require lot's of skills like the kof series and last blade series.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Wow...crossing fingers...knocking on wood. This is certainly great news, I just hope it's true. As for the new Samurai cast, I wouldn't mind the Garou treatment, myself. A couple old guys, and a bunch of new? Sure, why not.

I like Ukyo too, but he's been dyin' for years. Let him sleep in his box.

Hey. Here's a thought. If SS5 has been in the box for as many years and many of seem to think, perhaps it's actually FINISHED. There is the thought that SS4 was rushed due to the graphic shortcuts. Perhaps we'll get the splendorous look of SS3 with an engine that can satisfy all.

Like I said...fingers crossed.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
should be
http://neonews.cjb.net/
but i cant
pull it up
maybe the site is down right now
eh
right ryo..
fingers crossed..

------------------
clark___.gif

HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
I may not use the character on a regular, but a SS game without Nakoruru is not SS.
frown.gif

The could of axed Genjuro!! Honestly, I think they could think of a better rival than some brainwashed swordsman that runs around screaming "KILL!" all the time.
biggrin.gif

And does this mean that we will NEVER see a future SS title with either Nicotine, Cham Cham, Sieger OR Gen-An in it??? I don't like the sound of it already... we shall see when it gets released.