DaisukeJigen/NotJigen...In Memory Of

Status
Not open for further replies.

eight one

Igniz's Servent
neobuyer:
Holy fuck.

Jigen was one of the longest members here....

I feel like I should go buy Rez now and get deeply into it or something.
Definitely.

I'll always think of him everytime I play Rez for the rest of my life.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I can't believe that something like this would happen to him, I always looked up to Clint. Clint, we'll remember you forever.

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Damn...

A top man, no doubt. Always hardcore, always friendly, one of the guys here who made this forum what it is.

He will be missed.

Peace Bro.

TriShield

Host for Orochi
Jigen's posts were always among my favorites to read here, well written, thought out, and to the point.

May God rest your soul Clint, and comfort your family in your absense.

mookystains

Chairman Kaga sez, "Dakis-san's the one who's goin
oh my god.

Out of all the members at ng.com i knew I felt that i was closest to Clint.
This is hitting me very personally, because ive met clint and hung out with him at CGE.
He is an awesome guy.
He even sent me a free BaseBallStars 2, because he never played it.... :(

I really dont know what to type, its kinda hard.
It seemed like i knew Clint on a different level than a lot of the ng.com members.

My condolences go out to the family, and everyone that knew Clint.
You will be missed.

-dan

C

Croccifixio

TonK here...

Clint and I have spoken on the phone and I wished him the best last year...

I sent him countless gifts over the time he was around....

We played PSO this past winter for over 100 hours...

Him and I have a long history here...

He was a great person, I can't believe God would do such a thing...

Clint, God rest your loving soul...

I still can't fucking believe this...

Later bro, you meant more to me than I thought...

Everyone needs to get along here, because the unimaginable can happen to anyone...

Clint, you were awesome...

mookystains

Chairman Kaga sez, "Dakis-san's the one who's goin
I think i should add more.
I mean, each minute it clicks even harder.
its really hard to believe that he is gone.

It was great, when i met him at CGE he was just about to play metal slug 3, so i walked over and shook his hand and we played metal slug 3 for a while.

He was RIGHT NEXT to me when Dion put me in a headlock! LOL
Right after it happened Clint and I laughed about it with eachother.

goodtimes clint, good times.

-dan

<small>[ June 16, 2003, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: mookystains ]</small>

C

Croccifixio

Does anyone know if his family wants the guestbook to be kept online permanently?

I'll gladly sponsor it...

- TonK

vidgameman73

Geese's Thug
I had to re-read the very first post in this thread a few times to actually understand what was going on here. eek!

Jigen was a really super guy, on these boards and on the phone. He was one of the first people I met here in the forums, actually one of the few that would talk to me in chat. Whenever I had a problem with something PC or Neo related, I always "asked Jigen" when I saw him in chat. Always had an answer. And was always cool about it too. :)

I don't really know what else to say. I had been away from my PC all weekend, and I feel bad I didn't get a chance to talk to him before his passing.

You are still the man, Jigen. Rest in peace, bud. :)

Bill crying

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Sorry I'm so late in my reply. Clint was a real stand up guy, no doubt about that. He was willing to answer my stupid questions back when I was still a neo-newbie, and didn't make me feel like an idiot. I always enjoyed reading his posts because he almost always had something intelligent to say. He never hated on anyone and we have to show him so much respect for that. He was one of the major reasons I got into Rez, and I'll never play another game of it again without thinking of him. It was definitely hard to read all this while I was at work, and I remember getting hit with Steve's passing while I was at work, as well. I hope that we can take some comfort in the fact that Clint's suffering has ended, and that one day we will see him again in no pain at all. I pray for his soul and for his family in their time of great suffering.

Hey Clint, I'm getting in a round of Rez for you later. And oh yea, say hi to Steve for us.

MarrymeMai

Frenzy Football Player
I couldn't believe this when I read it. I'll never forget when everyone was trying to make him look like a bad guy, and he was saying, "Today, I stabbed a baby in the eye." He also ate a live baby duck for breakfast and punched a baby in the nose. Good times. He also gave me "pick up" advice once. I tried to call him in the hospital once, but I guess he had already left. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
I never got to know him but I've always enjoyed reading his posts on here. My condolences to his family and friends.

ThePunisher

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Dear God,
I cant believe this eek! crying

I remember him talking about his condition.
But I guess I just forgot about it and thought he was fine.

crying
Oh man. I dont know what to say.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
My condolences to you and all of your family and friends.

Never really talked to him other then a few posts here and there but he was a cool cat all around and a stand up guy.

dreamstationx

Marked Wolf
20 Year Member
I didnt know him but he sounds to be well loved and respected here on the boards and my heart goes out to his family and friends as I know what its like to loose someone in the family.... Also to the friends of his on these boards who did know him, I feel for you too guys.... Wish I had know him after reading all the posts....

Such a shame.... frown

The Auction Sniper

Host for Orochi
I sent him a PM last week, but he never replied.

It's a great shame he's gone, he was always good at comebacks in arguments, and he knew more about Rez than most of us probably will...

Orochian

n00b
My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

I'm a newbie around here so I didn't know him until I saw this thread. It's unfortunate to get to know someone under such circumstances. Judging from the messages he seemed to be an exceptional human being, and I regret not having known him earlier.

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Oh my God... I never knew you, Daisuke, but you seemed like a great guy. This really hits a nerve with me because my best friend of 10 years -- who suffered from a condition that swelled his heart -- died last Saturday due to complications. oh_no oh_no Only the good die young.

I wish peace unto them both.

<small>[ June 16, 2003, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: NeoLord ]</small>

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
no.

no..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

<small>[ June 16, 2003, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: sonic1687 ]</small>

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
MarrymeMai:
I couldn't believe this when I read it. I'll never forget when everyone was trying to make him look like a bad guy, and he was saying, "Today, I stabbed a baby in the eye." He also ate a live baby duck for breakfast and punched a baby in the nose. Good times.
<a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=005846" target="_blank">yeah, I remember that thread too</a>

even though I found out about this last night, I still can't believe he's gone. When I get home from work tonight I will definitely be playing a game of Top Hunter in his honor. I am sure that's what he would have wanted, for us to go on with our lives and to continue to enjoy the Neo-Geo and other video games. But he will surely never be forgotten.

Q

qube

God, Clint's last <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=020092" target="_blank">post</a> really just tore me up.... crying

Marq

N

Neotokyobikerkid

I always remember him as the guy who got Me to post I could play neo on a Xbox

How stupid was I to Do that

Labeled a bootlegger off the bat

Its all good at least we talked on AIM a few times pretty interesting

Also getting booted out of chat was A blast sometimes we would just sign in to see how long it took to get booted

Well man see you there someday

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Oh my! I just saw this! This is just no good! I mean, this guy is helping me get my avatar up, and next thing he's dead? Man, soo many people dying so young.

Well, we will miss you man. You added your unique personality to this community, and made comming here that much more interesting. Thanks for all the fun, and interesting topics. Most of all, thanks for your help! Will be seeing you eventually! mr_t

Laserblast

Hardened Shock Trooper
Clint was a wonderful young man and one of the strongest people I have ever met. He never expressed any anger or self-pity at the unfortunate hand he was dealt. That a wonderful person like Clint would be afflicted so, is yet another proof that life is not fair and cannot be fully understood by us humans.
I was fortunate to be able to visit with Clint a few times at Children's Mercy Hospital. In retrospect far too few times :( . I always came away a richer person. I would bring my AES and carts or Playstation with flipscreen. I think I am the one who got him hooked on Neo Turf Masters :) . Clint had a great dry sense of humor that I especially remember the time we got in trouble with a hospital social worker for playing Dead or Alive in the hospital rec room. Extra bouncy eek!
Getting to know Clint helped me decide to return to college to pursue graduate work in medical research at KU. If I ever have the opportunity to contribute to research in Cystic Fibrosis or other diseases I will surely be thinking of Clint.
My deepest, most heartfelt condolences to family and friends.

Sincerely, Jeffrey L. Cotitta.

Status
Not open for further replies.