The Irritating Maze AES: Impossible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

!Arcade!

Rugal's Thug
[EDITOR'S NOTE: Here we have two ultimately shady sellers (who preyed upon Neo Geo fans) arguing to each other over a game that wasn't all that fun to begin with (but required a special controller). NGF was already reviled at this point (but obsessed with being #1 in their own head), but !arcade! was far more technically astute (but later proved to be shady). They finished the game 2 years later, and no one really gave a damn. NGF started their own counter-thread to this here.]

Nothing is "Impossible" when !Arcade! is involved!

We thought we would show this product a little early, to request some feedback. As you know it has been previously stated that indeed a working Irritating Maze exist. However, no proof of any kind has ever been provided to solidify that claim.

We thought it was about time that we "SmallTymers" provided that proof. They say a picture is worth 1,000 words, so we thought we would provide you with eleven pictures instead of 11,000 words.
http://members.home.net/29223184857/imaze01.jpg http://members.home.net/29223184857/imaze02.jpg http://members.home.net/29223184857/imaze03.jpg http://members.home.net/29223184857/imaze04.jpg http://members.home.net/29223184857/imaze04a.jpg http://members.home.net/29223184857/imaze05.jpg http://members.home.net/29223184857/imaze06.jpg http://members.home.net/29223184857/imaze07.jpg http://members.home.net/29223184857/imaze08.jpg http://members.home.net/29223184857/imaze09.jpg http://members.home.net/29223184857/imaze10.jpg

Pictured is our fully working prototype and may not resemble our final production model, as we are in the final stages of reviewing the comments. Artwork for this product is a simple low res concept print.

Release price for this product is estimated to be $799US. And to head off the nay sayers, we can provide a short digital movie to backup our pictures - Can they?

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee".

Kindly direct your comments to r.young@neogeousa.com.

Best Regards
!Arcade!
"Isn't it time you expected more for your money?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
IMPRESSIVE!

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
And to think... There are more suprises awaiting from these guys
smile.gif

Jeff

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
"Nothing is "Impossible" when !Arcade! is involved!"

---

Sorry but this statement just struck me as funny. !Arcade! is starting to refer to him in the third person. Hope the Dion-bug isn't contagious because Jimmy wouldn't like that.
smile.gif

James

[This message has been edited by yuckydog (edited December 05, 2000).]

!Arcade!

Rugal's Thug
"Sorry but this statement just struck me as funny. !Arcade! is starting to refer to him in the third person. Hope the Dion-bug isn't contagious because Jimmy wouldn't like that."

Regarding the above. While the above statement is indeed a tad humerous in an infantile sort of way. Our suggestion to the author would be, you might want to add a hobby to your schedule. Reason being, it seems your have far too much time on your hands.

Best Regards
!Arcade!

NGF

NEST Puppet
(to the old wizard of oz toon)

Ding Dong! The converters dead, the converters dead!
Ding Dong The imaginary converter is dead!

Now let try.... to fool more people, to fool more people.....
Now lets try to make people forget weeee ever said.....

they say they made.... They say they made.... This AND that, This AND that

They say we made this and that(end song), but.....

Actually they have never REALLY produced a damn thing! Just a lot of talk.

Converters/adapters? AES cases? now an IM?

as Aerosmith would say "Dream on"

NeoGeoFreak

[This message has been edited by NGF (edited December 05, 2000).]

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
"a tad humerous in an infantile sort of way"
---

Umm, thanks for the derogatory remark regarding my attempt to lighten up the message boards.

One more thing, a question about the converter... where *is* it? Or is there more money in doing conversions?

James

By the way, I work at home and play the stock market. This leaves me about 18 hours a day of free time which I spend with my wife and kid, with my model kits or my marine aquarium.

[This message has been edited by yuckydog (edited December 05, 2000).]

!Arcade!

Rugal's Thug
"Umm, thanks for the derogatory remark regarding my attempt to lighten up the message boards."

Regarding the above. Your attempt to "lighten up the message boards." is certainly laudable, but not at our expense sir, not at our expense.

One more thing, a question about the converter... where *is* it? Or is there more money in doing conversions?

Regarding the above. Our Convertor will be released on our schedule sir, not your's. And while the dollar value "in doing conversions" is certainly there, it will not play a large role in our future plans

Best Regards
!Arcade!

yuckydog

Morden's Lackey
"but not at our expense sir, not at our expense."

You can make fun of NGF (because everyone here does) but we can't take friendly jabs at you? A bit hypocritical.

"Our Convertor will be released on our schedule sir, not your's."

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for these things you are working on for the Neo Geo community and I've been anxiously awaiting your converter since you first announced it and posted pictures of it in action. However, this high and mighty reply indicates to me that my interest doesn't warrant a courteous reply. Rather, I get thinly veiled insults laced with decorative honorifics.

Sorry that this thread has gone the wrong way but calling my remarks infantile while ignoring the fact that your own boastful, "in your face NGF" post was just as childish hit a button with me.

James

NGF

NEST Puppet
Can you see the stress cracks forming? A "strong date" for the converter missed, and now a new "project"?

I think people are starting to realize.....

NGF

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
To yuckydog and !Arcade!, I think you just had a small misunderstanding. Please don't flame each other, lets just drop the misunderstanding and move on.

To !Arcade!, I'm amazed that you have a working IM setup. I've never personally seen or played the game, and in general I prefer action games to puzzle games, but this has never (as far as I know) been done before.

To me, it wouldn't be worth getting, but for others I'm sure its a major deal!

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
Can you provide a list of what will be included in the package?

You do not need to use a 'specially' modded Neo Geo home cart unit to play the game, do you?

I also noticed the trackball connects to both joystick ports on the home cart, interesting!
smile.gif

------------------
Keith

mmlink.gif

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Nothing is "Impossible" when !Arcade! is involved!

Except maybe a post sounding like it came from a real person, instead of something so automated and faceless all the time.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well I think that this is great. although I will admit I am having trouble with the links right now. As I said before I am not a hugh fan of converted carts, but I have always thought of getting a kit. I still may buy some eventually but only from places I can trust like yourself.

One question though will you be selling the trackball seperately. I can imagine playing football frenzy with it (remember the old X's and O's football game)

Also on a technical note.

I noticed the trackball has 2 joystick plugs so I would assume it was done to get around the bios issue. If I were to plug this into a MVS board with the joystick connectors could i also play the IM cart on my big cab? I was thinking about putting a trackball in it eventually and I relieze I could just buy a IM kit a swap the system but to be able to play it on my 6 slot and not having to swap stuff around would be nice.

Oh and my Oppinion on crediting others on work. I'm sure you designed it youself like the other works so the only person who would deserve credit would be SNK for the orginal.

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
as Aerosmith would say "Dream on"

NeoGeoFreak
-------------------------------------

I gotta admit, This is truely beginning to sound like a very longwinded fairy tale. I have no idea who's right. I'd like to see some real proof. Any chance you can pass along a link to this digital movie mentioned above? I'd sure hate to see this be all bull. Cause if its true, it really sounds great.

------------------
-nick_th_fury

Neo Fan

King's Dry Cleaner
Originally posted by chimpmeister:

To !Arcade!, I'm amazed that you have a working IM setup. I've never personally seen or played the game, and in general I prefer action games to puzzle games, but this has never (as far as I know) been done before.

I was lucky enough to play the arcade version of the Irritating Maze, and I must say that it is a great addictive game. If you like action games Chimpmeister, I think you'll like this game. A highly recommended home cart IMO.

Anthony

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Awesome,

Now if you can implement the air jets to side mount on the tv you have it 100%
smile.gif
Or I can train someone to turn on a hair dryer when I hit the wall
wink.gif
The above is just in jest of course.

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
PLEASE!!!!!! This is as far worse than the original "strikers 1945 working on the converter" pic.

If you want to prove something, why dont you show yourself plugging the cart in, going through the debug menu's, and starting to play the game? ALL while never cutting away and everything in plain view?

heck, you might as well show the same thing with the strikers while your at it.

....do I hear Aerosmith agin?

ChrisR

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Originally posted by chrisr:
PLEASE!!!!!! This is as far worse than the original "strikers 1945 working on the converter" pic.

If you want to prove something, why dont you show yourself plugging the cart in, going through the debug menu's, and starting to play the game? ALL while never cutting away and everything in plain view?

heck, you might as well show the same thing with the strikers while your at it.

....do I hear Aerosmith agin?

ChrisR

Here's a better idea...
Why don't you guys (NGF) do it yourselves and stop bitching. From what I've seen on the video, it looks as if they have the upper hand. !Arcade! has given more proof about a working "Irritating Maze" than you guys ever had, and all you're doing is crying like a bunch of babies instead of providing real proof yourselves. Maybe your movie recording skills aren't as "up to par" as your imitation inserts and Tokyo Toy Show pics... I don't know.

And all because they're providing material that you guys can't... Step up or shut up, already!

[This message has been edited by VinylBoy (edited December 07, 2000).]

!Arcade!

Rugal's Thug
"....do I hear Aerosmith agin?

ChrisR"

Regarding the above. No, just our footsteps! Now for the interesting part. You claim to have a "working IM" that can only be verified if bought. Well, we want to buy it, condition being we complete the transaction through an Escrow service.

Also, your "working IM" must be playable past the professional level to complete the deal.

As with all your other claims we do not expect you to make an attempt to complete this sale and now I am going to explain to you why.

The IM game requires a analog trackball and will not work with normal digital controllers. Digital controls have two states high and low, or 0 and 1 (on or off). This of course works very well with games like Metal Slug and KOF however its not enough to provide the level of control the IM requires. On a normal digital controller when you press forward the program is setup to receive this single command and simply performs a function which in this case to move a set distance forward. When dealing with a analog controller it can pickup even the slightest movement made down to a single pixel on screen. This is why the trackball was selected for the IM. In order to make the IM work you require a new BIOS, a new NeoGeo MVS system, a trackball harness with ball, a custom made interface board and a new set of cables to assemble the unit. On top of this you also require a dedicated cabinet and you must modify the cabinet to accompany the new layout. So I ask you, how much do you think it cost to make all of the above? Now if the game worked with the industry standard digital controllers wouldn't you think they would have skipped all the above and saved themselves and every arcade operator both time and money?

Is it possible to play the game with a digital controller? Yes - the game will operate however we have a few problems. The game was designed expecting you to be able to move quickly and precise right down to one pixel. When moving forward you can choose to move slowly or quickly, can this be done with a digital controller? The answer is simple, no. When you press forward once the game will do one of the following:

1) Move the ball forward 1 pixel - If this was the case you would have to hit forward a few thousand times to reach the end of the level and since there is a time limit you wouldn't make it half way.

2) Move the ball forward several pixels - If this was the case you could move at an average speed however when a you reached a turn you would have to press "Forward, up, forward, up, forward, up" until you made it around the corner assuming the distance you jump per move doesn't take you into the wall (At which time you lose and start again).

3) Move the ball a large distance forward - If this was the case you wouldn't make it around the first turn without hitting the wall.

There are parts of the game in the second and third level which are hard to make with the trackball and would be simply impossible with a digital controller. If you like we can provide pictures of each of these.

Another detail which should be noted is the editing of the program code. If you take the main program from someone’s game and edit it in anyway this is illegal and in reality if you are to sell this game you would be selling a bootleg of the real version. How did we get ours to work? We simply coded our own bios from the ground up so it belongs to us and no one else.

"talkers vs. doers", lets see if NGF can do this deal.

Now let me divert from the corporate bullshit to talk to all of you "doers" at NGF. I never started any of this bullshit, you did. I have a list of every single item you sell, I even have a large supply of your Neo Geo paper bags that you claim are so rare.

What I am going to do first, is produce every one of your converted carts complete with manual and in colour. I am then going to offer them to the Neo public at a price you will never be able to match.

And that's just a start sir!

In closing, you people better start dusting off your resumes, I hear McDonald's are currently hiring in your area. Your days of shafting the NeoGeo community are drawing rapidly to a close.

Let me know when you are ready to complete the IM deal.

Best Regards
!Arcade!

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
embarrassing yourself AGAIN. Thanks for the worthless explanation of nothing AND avoiding the fact that your video is as bogus as half the accounts on this forum.

The worst part about it is people on this board will read that stuff and think "yea, this guys knows what he is talking about", but in reality you dont know shit.

To really get down to it, i wouldnt dog on you at all mr. E3, if we had not had a LONG conversation in the chat room about a month or so ago about converting a strikers. After you told me about how you have to use ribbon cables, soldering chips to chips, etc, I knew you were full of shit. At the time I didnt know you were also the playing !arcade! ID.

Just face facts. You have no converter, you have no IM, you have no credibility when it comes to neo mods. You made a homebrew cart, why dont you at least be happy about that and call it a day?

Want to buy an IM? You are more than welcome, but not with Iescrow. Iescrow is a great service if you dont have to worry about jealous idiots tampering with your goods and then claiming whatever so you dont get your money. Send me the money. You can see the economy joystick or trackball version in action for yourself(even take some real movies!). No special neo system is required for our IM, it will play on ANY system.

Just give it up. Are you sure you didnt make those crop circles before you got into the neo? You must have tons of time to conjour these things up for cheap attention.

hell, i guess we could always "blame Canada"

ChrisR

!Arcade!

Rugal's Thug
"Just face facts. You have no converter, you have no IM, you have no credibility when it comes to neo mods. You made a homebrew cart, why dont you at least be happy about that and call it a day?"

Regarding the above. Dust off the resumes, we have another little surprise for you tomorrow.

Best Regards
!Arcade!

NGF

NEST Puppet
Regarding the above. Dust off the resumes, we have another little surprise for you tomorrow.

Best Regards
!Arcade!

---------------------

Crop circles, UFO sightings, Neo projects, what is the next thing you'll start saying or doing to humor yourself? I can't imagine you sitting at home setting all this stuff up, making inserts, stickers, taking pictures, and worse yet....making that fake movie. You should hang your head in shame.

Now you say we'll see something new from you tomorrow? All you do is talk of projects without ever finishing any of them.
Project claims after project claims, but never anything real has been shown, sold, or bought.
Where are all your other projects?
Where are the Neo cart cases?
Where are the working adapters?
Where is the IM working on a AES system?
Where are all these "cheaper" and completed unreleased games for sale? like Strikers for $600? We told you, we would buy some.
Where is your "Neo Pac Man" that the high bid was up to $5000?
What's next, you'll offer Magician Lord 2 with screen shots to back you up?

Just a lot of talk, but not really saying anything. E3/!arcade!, you were asking NeoGeoFreak if you could buy an IM AES cart last weekend. We told you sure, no problem.
So where's your money?
And now you magically have your own version working?
All you have working as the MVS version.
you just made a trackball casing for your MVS game. You had that AES system showing, but the MVS 1 slot and supergun were out of the picture. Easy to figure that one out.

You want to really have a working IM cart on the AES? All you and anyone else has to do is buy the game from us. We prefer it if you buy the trackball version, so you can see and admit that we have it working. Of course YOU would want I-escrow, this way you can fool with it for a few days, copy our work, and return it. No Thanks.
You want to see it in person? Send the full payment. We said we have 3 trackball versions still available for sale. Now's the time for you to do something worthwile.

thanks for the support,

NeoGeoFreak

Status
Not open for further replies.