Play Neo•Geo games with your Web Browser.

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
Legitimately as well.

Famitsu.com reported that several video game companies have the Media Kite company to release, online pay-as-you play versions of some of thier older arcade games.

Among them are Jaleco, Taito and Sun Software. Among Sun's already announced titles there is Galaxy Fight and Waku Waku 7.

As an added bonus, the games have multiplayer support.

The only problem I see with this is, all of these games are already emulated and there are already multiplayer emulators.

A good idea, but either a little late or just out matched by the prospective of a free version already out.

The games will cost 50 yen.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Virtual Arcade... hmmm, this is an interesting thought. Not sure if anyone will pay for it, like you said they are emulated already with net support, but... cool idea I guess.

-Nick

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
hmmm, interesting, though I imagine the quality of the game will be far from Neo or even emu quality in a browser, rampant lag..............

Seems like the better option (if they HAVE to do something) here would be to go ahead & legitimize Neo ROMS, offer them for $$ for download along with an emu from the Playmore site, maybe even market USB compatible Neo fight sticks......maybe release a web based ROM version along with the AES release after new games release to arcades.......

A shame, so many people (& more every day) dont know & will never know how much better the games are on the original hardware.......

BTW, what emus offer online head-to-head play in fighters? Never seen it...........

Lee (garg7)
<a href="http://www.neogeotemple.com" target="_blank">http://www.neogeotemple.com</a>

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
Originally posted by gargoyle7:
<strong>BTW, what emus offer online head-to-head play in fighters? Never seen it...........
[/URL]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Kaillera

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Nebula and Kawaks both have Kaillera, which is netplay. It can be quite cool, but it depends on your connection and how far away the person you are playing is (I'm in the UK and I tried against people in the US... didn't work too well, although I'm on cable). On fighters, the lag can really screw up your special moves and combos.

It can be fun to play people that you wouldn't normally get the chance to compete against, but at the end of the day you can't beat having a bunch of people in the same room playing each other on the real hardware :)