offical wwe thread

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
(7) SHANE MCMAHON & DANIEL BRYAN vs. KEVIN OWENS & SAMI ZAYN

Shane came out first. Graves said backstage Shane hugged Pat Patterson and he winced. He said he is clearly not recovered from his medical issues, but he’s going to “try to play the part.” Interesting choice of words. Then a video aired on the “Yes”! chant going viral. Bryan then stepped onto the stage as the crowd chanted “Yes!” Loudest ovation of the night, it seemed. Bryan was teared up and bubbling over with emotions. Fans chanted “Daniel Bryan!”

KO and Sami came out next. But they attacked Bryan and Shane from behind. There had to be a reason the babyfaces came out first. Sami threw Shane into the front row where his wife and kids were. His kids yelled back at Sami angrily. KO threw Bryan into the barricade seconds later. Sami then delivered a Helluva Kick. Then they powerbombed him onto the edge of the ring apron again. Graves said Bryan was removed from the equation. Shane came out to check on Bryan, who was on the ground. He called for somebody, while also clutching his own abdomen. Two referees and a medic came out. Shane looked concerned. He stood on the ring apron and yelled at KO and Sami for a cheap shot. He entered the ring and yelled for the bell to be rung.

The match was officially on. Graves called it ill-advised. Shane punched Sami off the ring apron, then punched away at KO. They cut to a camera angle that didn’t actually show the punches but showed Shane’s back. Good move after the close-up exposed their awfulness. He kicked way at Sami and then hit a spinning elbow. He pump kicked KO and then grabbed at his abdomen. KO kicked him there. He stomped awayat him in the corner. KO leaped onto him. He clutched his abdomen. They continued to beat on him for several minutes. Graves said an umbilical hernia would keep anyone else bed ridden. The background showed medics and refs still checking on Bryan at ringside.

Graves said Shane shouldn’t worry about losing because the problems he’ll have if he keeps fighting will be way worse than having a couple guys on the roster he doesn’t like. Shane was winded, but made a comeback and knocked KO out of the ring. Sami was hanging upside down in the corner. Shane thought about it and then climbed to the top rope. Graves said there is no way in his condition he can do it. Shane leaped and landed it. The crowd gasped more than popped. “Shane connected, but at what cost?” Graves said. Shane crawled over to make the cover but KO brake it up with a senton. Shane clutched his abdomen. KO landed a frog splash. Bryan broke up the pin. The crowd cheered and chanted “Yes!”

Shane avoided a cannonball in the corner. Shane crawled over officially tag in Bryan. Owens held onto his boot, then tagged in Sami, who cut off Shane and applied a chinlock. The crowd seemed deflated, like they were fearing they weren’t going to see Bryan wrestle and maybe concerned for Shane legitimately. Shane stood and walked over, with Sami on his back, to try to make the tag. Sami held him back, though. Shane back suplexed Sami and then crawled over and finally made the tag. The pop wasn’t what you’d have expected.

Bryan entered the ring and then the crowd began to finally roar. He punched Sami over and over, and also took a shot at KO on the ring apron. Bryan turned it up full speed and took down Sami with a flying clothesline. Bryan slidekicked KO off the ring apron to the floor and then hit a running flying knee off the ring apron. He climbed to the top rope and hit a flying dropkick. Bryan kipped up. KO came up behind, but Bryan suplexed him onto his head. Bryan gave Sami a running dropkick in the corner. Then one to KO. Then Sami. Then KO. He smiled and looked around. Saxton said Bryan hasn’t missed a beat. Bryan gave Sami a top rope huracanrana. Owens held Bryan’s foot, and then Sami gave him a Helluva Kick for a two count.

Owens superkicked Shane off the ring apron and he bumped into the ringside barrier. Owens yelled at Bryan that he should have stayed retired. He hit a Pop-Up Powerbomb for a near fall. Owens tagged in Sami, but when he charged at Shane, Shane pulled the top rope down and then clotheslined KO. He grabbed his abdomen again (so you hope he’s milking this all along). Sami stood over Bryan as he struggled to recover from the Pop-up Powerbomb. Bryan rallied and hit Sami with his signature running knee and then a Yes Lock for the tapout win.

Bryan hugged and kissed his wife Brie at ringside. They went to a wide shot of fans doing the “Yes!” gesture/ Shane entered the ring and held up Bryan’s arms. Bryan celebrated some more as his music played. Graves said it was 77,000 in unison. Shane kept holding his abdomen.

WINNERS: Bryan & Shane in 15:00.

Bryan got in his signature spots and KO and Sami played their parts well. I just hope Shane was embellishing his abdominal pain because otherwise that was too risky. Either way, the crowd seemed at times uncomfortable with cheering on Shane because he seemed so rough. The best is yet to come with Bryan. They didn’t even tease any dissension with Bryan and Shane. I hope you enjoyed KO and Sami’s WWE career. ROH fans, get ready!!!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE WrestleMania 34 PPV Results: 4-8-18

(8) ALEXA BLISS (w/Mickie James) vs. NIA JAX – WWE Raw Women’s Title match

Jax took it to Micke at ringside. She beat up Alexa early. Alexa took over and worked over Jax’s legs. When Jax made a comeback and charged at Bliss, Bliss moved and Jax crashed shoulder-first into the ringpost and then fell to the floor. Bliss pretended she was so sorry as she set up an inverted DDT, then viciously slammed her down for a near fall. Jax hear enough and yelled for her to “shut the hell up!” Then she tossed her around some more and splashed her in the corner. Cole said the Challenger was on a different level now.

Jax flung Bliss over her back by her legs so the back of her head hit the top turnbuckle. Jax dragged Bliss back into the ring but she pulled the ring apron up with her. The ref went to fix it and then Bliss raked her eyes. Bliss kicked her and then gave her a flapjack slam. Jax gave Bliss a second rope Samoan drop for the clean win.

Jax sobbed in appreciation of the moment. She held up the title. Coach said this is a win for anyone who has ever been bullied or called a rotten name or ever not felt good about themselves or been body shamed. Jax hugged family at ringside. Bliss sat up and cried.

WINNER: Jax in 10:00 to capture the Raw Women’s Championship.

This felt like a breather for the most part for the audience. It was a good effort from those involved.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE WrestleMania 34 PPV Results: 4-8-18

(9) A.J. STYLES vs. SHINSUKE NAKAMURA – WWE Title match

They locked up mid-ring and there was a palpable buzz in the crowd. Phillips noted Styles seems really emotional and that’s something Nakamura believes he can take advantage of that. First gear pace for the next six minutes after some intensity early. The crowd seemed to welcome the rest as it’s now six hours since the Kickoff Show began.

At 11:00 Nakamura caught Styles on a springboard and turned into a “landslide” sitout cradle slam out of a Samoan drop position. Nakamura put Styles on the top rope and then high kicked him. Styles escaped and then worked over Nakamura’s knee. Nakamura trapped Styles in a head triangle. Styles lifted and then dropped Nakamura on his head. The crowd gasped at the impact. Both were down and slow to get up.

At 16:00 Nakamura kicked Styles, but clutched his left knee in pain afterward. Styles hit the Phenomenal Forearm for a near fall. Styles misfired on a springboard flip splash, landing Nakamura’s knees. He scored a two count. Styles head butted Nakamura as soon as both stood. They exchanged blows mid-ring. Styles landed a Pelé kick. Nakamura fired back with a knee to the back of his head for a near fall. Next he signaled for his finisher, but Styles moved and hit the Styles Clash for the clean win.

WINNER: Styles in 21:00. (***1/2)

It was good, no doubt, but considering expectations, it felt like a letdown.

-Styles helped Nakamura up and they hugged. He kneeled and presented Styles with the belt. Then he delivered a low blow. Nakamura began mocking Styles and he kicked at him and shoved him out of the ring. He beat him up some more including a Kinshasa Kick. The crowd booed as Nakamura walked up the ramp.

Had Nakamura’s push gone better, I’d be against this. I think this is a potentially invigorating change for him in WWE. I wonder if he’ll end up with a manager, though?

-Braun said everyone wants to know who his partner is. He said it’s one of the fans. They showed fans volunteering. Strowman circled ringside and scanned the crowd. He then walked into the crowd and kept looking. Graves said he has 78,000 options, so this could take a while. He picked out a boy in the crowd. Strowman asked him his name. It’s Nicholas.

(10) SHEAMUS & CESARO vs. BRAUN STROWMAN & A KID NAMED NICHOLAS

Strowman beat up Cesaro at first and made the cover. Sheamus broke up the pin. Strowman chased him out of the ring. Graves criticized Nicholas for not tripping Sheamus. The heel duel took over with a double-team. Nicholas watched nervously. Nicholas reached for a tag. Nicholas entered the ring. He looked scared and tagged right back out. Strowman caught Cesaro and gave him a running powerslam or the three count.

Strowman and Nicholas celebrated mid-ring, holding up the belts. Graves said he hopes Nicholas doesn’t get first class tickets before he does. Strowman led a smiling Nicholas up the ramp.

WINNER: Strowman & Nicholas in 5:00 to capture the WWE Raw Tag Team Titles.

Cute, I suppose. It’s one of those Pure Sports Entertainment Moments that will get some mainstream media play and certain type of fan will like, but another big portion won’t at all.

(11) BROCK LESNAR vs. ROMAN REIGNS – WWE Title match

More boos for Reigns during formal ring introductions. Heyman stopped Jo Jo from introducing Lesnar. He took over. The crowd talked along with him.

Lesnar took it to Reigns early with some suplexes. Reigns followed with Superman Punches, which drew boos. He knocked Lesnar over the top rope with a clothesline. Lesnar took it too Reigns at ringside and suplexed him on top of his head. He hit his head hard. The crowd began chanting “C.M. Punk.” Lesnar then threw Reigns hard and awkwardly into the announce table. Back in the ring, he gave Reigns a released German suplex. More suplexes. Lesnar jogged in place.

Lesnar overhead suplexed Reigns onto his shoulder. They replayed it in slo-mo. Lesnar whipped Reigns hard into the barricade a minute later. Reigns came back by slipped out of Lesnar’s grip and shoved Lesnar hard into the ringpost. Reigns struggled to stay standing. Reigns charged and speared Lesnar onto the announce table, which switched

(Cole’s mic to be heard in the entire arena briefly. That was quite a visual. Reigns threw Lesnar back into the ring. A beach ball broke out in the crowd. Reigns signaled for the Superman Punch and hit it. Then he hit a spear. Then he hit a second spear. Two count.

Reigns went for a spear, but Lesnar kneed him out of mid-air and scored a very near three count. Then an F5 for a near fall. Another F5 and another kickout. Lesnar yelled out in frustration. The crowd didn’t care either way. Then a third F5 and Reigns kicked out again. “Boring!” chanted the crowd. Lesnar then gave Reigns an F5 onto the table. Not much of a reaction. Tired and disinterested crowd. Lesnar hit a fifth F5. “This is awful!” chants the crowd. Lesnar not sure what to do with this. Reigns came up bleeding heavily, perhaps hard-way from a vicious elbow. That’s a lot of blood. Wow.

Reigns slipped out of another F5, speared Lesnar twice and got a near fall. His face was covered in red blood. Lesnar lifted Reigns and gave him another F5 and scored the pin. Big pop.

WINNER: Lesnar to retain the WWE Title.

Disaster.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Impact vs Lucha Underground show pretty much sucked. Couple good matches on the card but the camera work and the production was super low rent.

Plus Alberto no showed.

Thus this via ProWrestling.net:

Impact Wrestling announced on Saturday that they have terminated their agreement with Alberto El Patron. “IMPACT Wrestling announced today that it has terminated its agreement with Alberto El Patron, effective immediately,” reads the statement.

Powell’s POV: El Patron no-showed Friday’s Impact Wrestling vs. Lucha Underground event. He was scheduled to be in the tag team main event of that show. Even more troubling is that the company booked him to challenge Austin Aries for the Impact World Championship at their Redemption pay-per-view and they already have all of their television taped leading up to the April 22 event. The company knew what they were getting when they signed El Patron in 2017, and I’m honestly surprised it’s taken this long for things to fall apart.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
I was hoping Brock was going to drop the title. While Reigns may not be a crowd favorite, I’m sick of Brock monopolizing the belt. WWE needs to get rid of part time working champions.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Glad I didn't watch that. Those results sound like having a cactus shoved down the front of your pants.

They put a tag belt on a child?

That's some David Arquette shit right there.

famicommander

15 Year Member
So how about Supercard of Honor?

I thought it was fantastic. Probably the second best wrestling show of the year so far, after Wrestle Kingdom.

That may have been the best match we've seen out of Cody Rhodes.

Not a bad match on the whole card, either. Glad Silas Young got his TV Title back.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Also, this was from ROH TV last week:

One of the better women's matches I've seen in a while.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

I thought it was fantastic. Probably the second best wrestling show of the year so far, after Wrestle Kingdom.

Not a bad match on the whole card, either. Glad Silas Young got his TV Title back.

I didn't watch it myself but I'll take your word for it because the review I read said otherwise about the show as a whole. Six man tag, Omega-Rhodes and Castle-Scrull got 4 stars + ranks but everything else was well short.

Then again that's one man's opinion and I tend to trust the opinions of the people here more ;)

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
God Paige looks like shit.

She hardly looks like the same person as before she went on her hiatus. Kind of surprising that she's apparently not going to be a manager or something like that, though. I know Vince doesn't like managers, but Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville on their own is going to be a trainwreck. Rose's match last night reminded me of the Divas' division from three years ago- models who can't work for shit. She had literally two moves on offense the whole match and stood in place for five minutes while Sasha did 99% of the work.

Adam Rose looked nice as a black man with big hair.

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

No.

I didn't watch it myself but I'll take your word for it because the review I read said otherwise about the show as a whole. Six man tag, Omega-Rhodes and Castle-Scrull got 4 stars + ranks but everything else was well short.

Then again that's one man's opinion and I tend to trust the opinions of the people here more ;)

The six man tag had some great ladder spots, but with a hilariously dumb post-match conclusion.
Omega and Rhodes were solid in storytelling, but not all out in their wrestling. It left me wanting more, and expecting more in their next encounter.
Castle and Scurll was very good, but nothing amazing out of either of them. Slower paced, but methodical.

But what fell short? The women's semis and final were all awful, cementing them on TV well behind Impact at this point; the Bully Ray and Cheeseburger segment was very pointless; and the lack of a clean finish for the TV title was disappointing.

Otherwise, Gresham and Chuckie T had a good match, as did Punishment Martinez and Ishii. Page and Ibushi was entertaining, but the rest of the card that's left was mediocre.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
I thought the women's matches were all pretty decent. Not nearly as good as the Mayu vs Deonna match above, but certainly not bad. Especially Mayu vs Klein.

Impact hasn't had a match close to Mayu vs Deonna in a very long time, though. At least not one I've seen.

JoeAwesome

I thought the women's matches were all pretty decent. Not nearly as good as the Mayu vs Deonna match above, but certainly not bad. Especially Mayu vs Klein.

Impact hasn't had a match close to Mayu vs Deonna in a very long time, though. At least not one I've seen.

They were awful, and whether you agree they should have or not, the fans let them have it.

famicommander

15 Year Member
They were awful, and whether you agree they should have or not, the fans let them have it.
The fans booed Klein because she was the heel and Mayu is over. And they booed Sumie because Tenille is the biggest star in the company.

But you're the first person I've seen criticize the matches themselves. A lot of people criticized the outcomes, and I myself would prefer to see Deonna as champ, but the matches themselves were fine.

JoeAwesome

The fans booed Klein because she was the heel and Mayu is over. And they booed Sumie because Tenille is the biggest star in the company.

But you're the first person I've seen criticize the matches themselves. A lot of people criticized the outcomes, and I myself would prefer to see Deonna as champ, but the matches themselves were fine.

People booed Sakai after the finish with Klein. I'm sure it wasn't because Sakai beat Tenille.

Edit: The outcomes deserve some criticism, but the matches themselves, including the finals' finish were at best, not noteworthy. It certainly didn't inspire me to care for the division going forward.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
People booed Sakai after the finish with Klein. I'm sure it wasn't because Sakai beat Tenille.

Edit: The outcomes deserve some criticism, but the matches themselves, including the finals' finish were at best, not noteworthy. It certainly didn't inspire me to care for the division going forward.

I just watched the final again and nobody booed Sumie when she won. The finish was a bit awkward and there wasn't a huge pop, but I didn't hear any boos.

But match up wise, there's a lot to look forward to in WOH
Deonna Purrazzo vs Tenille Dashwood
Deonna Purrazzo vs Kelly Klein two year feud blowoff
Tenille Dashwood vs Mayu Iwatani
Sumie Sakai vs Mayu Iwatani
Tenille Dashwood vs Kelly Klein
Karen Q vs Tenille Dashwood

As long as they don't try to push Mandy Leon any higher than she already is, and Brandi Rhodes remains a jobber, I think they're going places. The top of the division is pretty loaded, even if we didn't get the matchups we all wanted to see at Supercard.

JoeAwesome

I was there, so we'll disagree on the boos. It should've been Dashwood vs. Klein once the semis were set, with Klein winning, imo. I can't argue they have some good women's wrestlers, but they also lost Mary Dobson to WWE and Taeler Hendrix(?). Not sure on the latter. Seems they're stretched very thin, atm.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I was there, so we'll disagree on the boos. It should've been Dashwood vs. Klein once the semis were set, with Klein winning, imo. I can't argue they have some good women's wrestlers, but they also lost Mary Dobson to WWE and Taeler Hendrix(?). Not sure on the latter. Seems they're stretched very thin, atm.
They did lose Dobson to WWE, as well as Heidi Lovelace (Ruby Riott), Candice LaRae, and others. Plus Hania the Huntress went to Impact then quit. Taeler Hendrix left and still works the indies. She may be back at some point but hasn't been around for over a year.

My breakdown of the WOH roster

Main event:
Deonna Purrazzo
Kelly Klein
Tenille Dashwood
Sumie Sakai
Mayu Iwatanti (when present)

I think these five stack up to any five women in any company. WWE has the beat in sheer volume of talented workers but at the very top there is little difference between a Charlotte Flair and Asuka vs a Deonna and Tenille.

Midcard:
Karen Q
Madison Rayne
other STARDOM talent when present
Mandy Leon
Jenny Rose

Karen and Madison are both very good. Karen is young but athletic and technically sound, Madison is a true veteran and a great presence. Mandy Leon and Jenny Rose are thoroughly average wrestlers and they're fine as long as they're not pushed beyond that. They can hold up their end in a match but they'll never be the one to pull a great match out of someone else.

Undercard:
Stella Grey
Jessie Brooks
Gabby Ortiz
Brandi Rhodes

Brooks and Grey are actually quite impressive, but they're both fresh out of the dojo. A slow climb up the cards for both should be the focus this year. Brandi Rhodes didn't even go to the dojo, and it'll be years before she's any good. She's only around because she's Cody's wife, she's allowed to use the Rhodes name, she's hotter than hell, and she has mainstream recognition from reality TV and WWE ring announcing. Ortiz I haven't seen a lot of yet.

They could definitely use some help in the midcard. If the STARDOM talent is around a lot they'll be more than okay, but if they're only coming every once in a while the depth could be an issue.

One thing I think would really help would be to bring in some CMLL luchadoras. There aren't nearly enough luchadoras in US wrestling.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Now I know you're making shit up as you go along.

Not at all. I think Purrazzo is as good as anyone. And Dashwood has excellent timing on pretty much everything she does. I've been watching Asuka (Kana) for a long time and she's amazing too, same goes for Flair. Any of the four could be called the best in the world and I wouldn't argue. There are also a few in CMLL, Mayu, Santana Garrett, and Kairi Hojo/Sane that could be considered. Or maybe Ivelisse Velez

famicommander

15 Year Member
2115527.jpeg

Tenille really let herself go

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
2115527.jpeg

Tenille really let herself go

Way more intimidating than she ever looked in WWE though. LOL.

Cena and Nikki broke up, no more engagement. Given Cena's past history, I'd say Nikki should count herself as lucky.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Way more intimidating than she ever looked in WWE though. LOL.

Cena and Nikki broke up, no more engagement. Given Cena's past history, I'd say Nikki should count herself as lucky.

Wasn't this Cena's last WM? What a way to end a fucking career as a top guy - a 3-minute squash match against a guy that works once a year.