offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Glad they changed the name. Who seriously thought naming it after Moolah was a good idea, or that it'd fly in this climate?

Maybe the same guy who named the Warrior Award?

Or the guy who put Donald Trump, Mike Tyson, Abdullah the Butcher, and Jimmy Snuka in his Hall of Fame?

The guy who covered up Steve Austin's serial woman beating?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member

Or the guy who put Donald Trump, Mike Tyson, Abdullah the Butcher, and Jimmy Snuka in his Hall of Fame?

Vincent Kennedy McMahon?!! :tickled:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

Once again, Benoit gets ignored...

famicommander

15 Year Member
Even Vince McMahon can't support a child murderer.

A girlfriend murderer? Sure, give that dude a 3 hour tribute show. But not a child murderer.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
GjxsSWCKOCfBaIA-1600x900-noPad.jpg

famicommander

15 Year Member
ROH Q1 attendance:
1.jpg

2018 has been their best first quarter ever in terms of both average and total attendance. And they're charging more for tickets.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
ROH Q1 attendance:
1.jpg

2018 has been their best first quarter ever in terms of both average and total attendance. And they're charging more for tickets.

In early February in my local town, ROH did double the ticket sales that they did last summer in the same building. Plus they sold more tickets than the NXT show did two weeks later.

famicommander

15 Year Member
In early February in my local town, ROH did double the ticket sales that they did last summer in the same building. Plus they sold more tickets than the NXT show did two weeks later.

They're going to draw 5,800 to Supercard of Honor, unless they open up more tickets for sale (depends on how big their stage is).

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
They're going to draw 5,800 to Supercard of Honor, unless they open up more tickets for sale (depends on how big their stage is).

The ROH stage isn't that big in person, it is about half the size of the WWE house show stage. Wrestling companies don't have impressive stages like they did in the early 2000's.

famicommander

15 Year Member
The ROH stage isn't that big in person, it is about half the size of the WWE house show stage. Wrestling companies don't have impressive stages like they did in the early 2000's.

It's not just the stage but the lighting rig and the spots where the cameras have to set up, and how all of that changes sightlines.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Makes sense, his contract expires in September and he doesn't have a no compete clause. He's magically healthy now that the prospect of him wrestling elsewhere is a reality for WWE. Even though the doctors have been saying he's healthy for over a year now.

Good for him either way. I hope he still leaves WWE when his deal expires but even if he stays, I'm happy he'll be back to doing what he loves.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I'm seriously tempted to watch WM for the first time in years due to the likely Bryan/Shane vs. Owens/Zayn match. I assume it'll go on first. Then I'd only have to half pay attention to not miss the Styles/Nakamura match and could just ignore everything else.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
First match, hmm. DB's wrestling return and Shane's ego.

JoeAwesome

SDL was mostly fun (I went). That drop off in the seats by the time 205 Live starts is real af, though. Mustafa Ali and Drew Gulak had the match of the night.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bad news, guys. Rey Mysterio is hurt and can't make the show at Strong Style Evolved, so we're not getting Mysterio vs Jushin Thunder Liger.

In light of this, I have decided to cancel the rest of existence. Everyone just go dead weight wherever you are and wait for the end.

JoeAwesome

Bad news, guys. Rey Mysterio is hurt and can't make the show at Strong Style Evolved, so we're not getting Mysterio vs Jushin Thunder Liger.

In light of this, I have decided to cancel the rest of existence. Everyone just go dead weight wherever you are and wait for the end.

Or you can stop be dramatic, and get excited for Liger vs. Ospreay like the rest of us.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Or you can stop be dramatic, and get excited for Liger vs. Ospreay like the rest of us.

I've seen Liger vs Ospreay twice in the last year.

I've not seen Liger vs Mysterio since I was 6 years old.

Ospreay is great but he's lightyears from the status that Liger and Mysterio have achieved. There are no other junior heavyweights in the world even close to their fame or recognition.

Last edited:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
It's not just the stage but the lighting rig and the spots where the cameras have to set up, and how all of that changes sightlines.

ROH only uses a boom cam and the two camera men that you see at ring side. Their lighting rig is the size of the ring, they don't have a big set up like WWE does.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Strong Style Evolved live on AXS TV tonight. Unfortunately the NJPW World Stream isn't live in the US, so we're stuck with JR and Barnett on commentary. They'll unlock the Kevin Kelly/Don Callis version online after the TV broadcast.

Card
-Roppongi 3K (Sho, Yoh, and Rocky Romero) vs ROH World Six Man Tag Team Champions SoCal Uncensored (Frankie Kazarian, Christopher Daniels, and Scorpio Sky)

-Taguchi Japan (Juice Robinson and David Finlay) vs Chaos (NEVER Openweight Champion Hirooki Goto and Gedo)

-Chaos (Toru Yanu and Chuck Taylor) vs Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr and Lance Archer)

-Taguchi Japan (Rysuke Taguchi, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dragon Lee, and Kushida) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Bushi, Hiromu Takahashi, and IWGP Tag Team Champion Sanada)

-Chaos (Kazuchika Okada and Tomohiro Ishii) vs Suzuki-Gun (IWGP Intercontinental Champion Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr)

-Jushin Thunder Liger vs IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay

-Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) vs Bullet Club (Cody Rhodes and Marty Scurll)

-IWGP US Championship: Jay White (c) vs Adam Page

-Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega) vs The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson)

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Strong Style Evolved live on AXS TV tonight. Unfortunately the NJPW World Stream isn't live in the US, so we're stuck with JR and Barnett on commentary. They'll unlock the Kevin Kelly/Don Callis version online after the TV broadcast.

Card
-Roppongi 3K (Sho, Yoh, and Rocky Romero) vs ROH World Six Man Tag Team Champions SoCal Uncensored (Frankie Kazarian, Christopher Daniels, and Scorpio Sky)

-Taguchi Japan (Juice Robinson and David Finlay) vs Chaos (NEVER Openweight Champion Hirooki Goto and Gedo)

-Chaos (Toru Yanu and Chuck Taylor) vs Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr and Lance Archer)

-Taguchi Japan (Rysuke Taguchi, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dragon Lee, and Kushida) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Bushi, Hiromu Takahashi, and IWGP Tag Team Champion Sanada)

-Chaos (Kazuchika Okada and Tomohiro Ishii) vs Suzuki-Gun (IWGP Intercontinental Champion Minoru Suzuki and Zack Sabre Jr)

-Jushin Thunder Liger vs IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay

-Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) vs Bullet Club (Cody Rhodes and Marty Scurll)

-IWGP US Championship: Jay White (c) vs Adam Page

-Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega) vs The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson)

Does New Japan world have a real app for any streaming devices yet in the same way WWE network does?

famicommander

15 Year Member
No, it's just the website right now.

Honor Club is about to launch all kinds of apps, though. They're supposed to have them for Android, iOS, Roku, smart TVs, etc.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Over 5,500 tickets for Supercard of Honor have been sold with just under two weeks until the show.

Less than 300 remain.

Still think they should open up more sections.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Rousey's in-ring work makes ZZ Loupe look like AJ Styles.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Rousey's in-ring work makes ZZ Loupe look like AJ Styles.

Get used to it, because the current plan is for her to go undefeated until next Wrestlemania where she will end Asuka's current streak.