offical wwe thread

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You'd never let Cornette run a modern company. Even without his personality faults. That being said, a lot of what he says is right. There is a lot to be learned from his podcasts.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
This is a man who thinks the Omega vs Okada matches were bad for "exposing the business". Anything positive he had to contribute to wrestling, or humanity in general, is decades in the past. All he does now is tell stories from times when he was relevant and try his hardest to set wrestling back 30 years. Oh, and attempt to have Vince Russo murdered.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This is a man who thinks the Omega vs Okada matches were bad for "exposing the business".

Uhh I'm pretty sure he's never claimed that those matches exposed the business. He thinks Omega is a goofball who has done stuff to expose the business in the past (DDT comedy matches). I think he also hates omega because he cancelled an roh date back when cornette was working for them, only to show up on that date booked in Japan.

As far as the angle cornette uses to claim Omega exposes the business...I think he's kind of grasping at straws. I'm pretty sure Omega's 6-Star classics aren't any of those straws.

Last edited:

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Nice. I'm hoping they finally run a show in Denver since Sinclair is buying Tribune, who owns the local Fox and CW stations. That's usually how ROH decides which new markets to run; they wait for their parent company to buy a TV station there, put ROH TV on it, then see how the ratings look.

ROH is weird in the towns they run. You can't get ROH within 150 miles of my town and we get two TV tappings a year.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Uhh I'm pretty sure he's never claimed that those matches exposed the business. He thinks Omega is a goofball who has done stuff to expose the business in the past (DDT comedy matches). I think he also hates omega because he cancelled an roh date back when cornette was working for them, only to show up on that date booked in Japan.

As far as the angle cornette uses to claim Omega exposes the business...I think he's kind of grasping at straws. I'm pretty sure Omega's 6-Star classics aren't any of those straws.

No, he literally said it

Dave Meltzer tweeted this:
Okada & Omega 2017 will be viewed same as Flair & Steamboat among those in Carolinas in 1977. Reaction is identical. Most loved them, big business, old-timers said they were fake & killing business with all their high spots. Kids grew copying, became template for great work.

And Cornette tweeted this in response:
Flair & Steamboat were grown ass men, hitting each other hard & working at the highest level in the sport, & never exposed the business in their matches or outside the ring. These jackoffs are kids playing wrestler & laughing at how they tell people it's fake. They're a disgrace.

Regarding the ROH cancellation... he cancelled a wrestling appearance due to an injury, then showed up in Japan (where he lives year round) at a show and cut a promo. He didn't wrestle and he would have been at the ROH show if he could.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Fell a little behind on these ROH weeklies, so here's everything before we start back over with WOH Wednesday tomorrow

Future of Honor Friday (12/15/17):

Women of Honor Wednesday (12/20/17):

Throwback Thursday (12/21/17):

Last week's Future of Honor Friday:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Via PWTorch.com...

WWE reports today on its website that Dean Ambrose injury “will keep him out approximately nine months.”

“He tore some of the distal triceps tendon where it attaches to the forearm bone, called the olecranon,” Dr. Dugas told WWE.com. “He basically tore about 50 percent of the triceps tendon away from the bone. So yesterday we repaired that back down to the bone where it tore off of. The surgery was very straightforward; we removed all of the extra bursal tissue — all of that extra swollen stuff around his elbow.”

Keller’s Analysis: Often wrestlers beat the expected timeline for recovery, but that’s the worst case scenario among the timelines that have been talked about since his injury and news of his need to have surgery. This effectively ends The Shield reunion, which was already delayed by Roman Reigns’s illness headed into Survivor Series. While losing Ambrose as an active wrestler, it doesn’t mean WWE won’t find a role for him on TV in the mean time. The bigger impact might be on Reigns, who was benefiting from the on-air chemistry he had with his Shield partners. This also appears to be benefiting Jason Jordan, who immediately moves up a notch on the Raw depth chart and is involved in a high-profile storyline with Seth Rollins and Kurt Angle at this time.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Women of Honor Wednesday:

Throwback Thursday:

Future of Honor Friday:

ROH Update featuring new title belts:

Brand new World Television, World Tag Team, and World Six Man Tag Team Championship belts to go with the new World Title and Women of Honor Title. I think they all look fantastic.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Chris Jericho has dedicated his Wrestle Kingdom 12 match to Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit.

I can't believe he would do such a thing. I realize they were all friends but I can't imagine Eddie would want his name mentioned alongside Benoit's. Once you murder your child and wife you really shouldn't get things dedicated to you anymore. Kind of a shitball move by Jericho.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I feel like I stole Jericho vs Omega, well worth the price of admission!

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Watched WrestleKingdom 12 live overnight and I was blown away by how awesome it was.

I love how over the top the hype was for every one of the highlight packages and the announcements of forthcoming shows. I loved the Engrish, I loved the bombast, I loved how I understood these characters and their gimmicks without having any background of the storylines. They told it in the ring.

Cody was one of many, many wasted opportunities for WWE. How could they let such a talented performer go? It boggles the mind.

After watching this show, I realize how stale WWE's product is. What I watched last night was a great evolution of the business I loved so much growing up.

Man, I was impressed.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I am not going to get to watch until this weekend unfortunately. I still need to watch the last Road to Wrestle Kingdom show tonight, tomorrow I have Nuggets tickets, and Saturday I have Avalanche tickets.

WWE definitely missed the boat on Cody Rhodes, but the funniest part is that he isn't even in the top 15 most talented ROH World Champions. He's somewhere around 20th out of 24.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I think my respect for Cody is more about seeing what he's capable of, both in the ring and in crafting a character, when unfettered by WWE's terrible creative direction. I'm just wowed by him because I always knew he was 'good' but I've never seen him exhibit this level of superstardom.

In retrospect, I think my favorite match on the show is a tie between the Rhodes-Ibushi match and the Suzuki-Gotoh match. Both were excellent combinations of wrestling, respective to their styles, and storytelling because I'm such a fan of theatrics in pro wrestling. This is the sort of creative sensibility that WWE sorely needs.

I'm also painfully aware of how WWE is all but ruining Shinsuke Nakamura right now. I am truly regretting not going out of my way to watch his star rise in NJPW. Likewise for A.J. Styles, who I knew was a great wrestler but I didn't watch him during his time in Japan. I'm going to be keeping a close eye on the international scene from now on.

I can't stop thinking about WrestleKingdom 12. It has really opened my eyes.

I also want to say that I'm not downplaying Jericho-Omega or the fourway with Osprey, Scurrl and all the rest. There wasn't a 'bad' show on the card, but those matche4s lived up to my expectations so I am talking about the matches that exceeded them.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I've been saying it for years but NJPW is head and shoulders above the second best promotion in the world right now. And as the second best, ROH is head and shoulders above the third best.

Lucha Underground is on the same level but that's really just a TV show and not a proper promotion.

WWE is a plague on this business. All they do is take great talent from better promotions and immediately get to work ruining what makes them special. Like Karl Anderson. Has he done ANYTHING entertaining since he got to WWE?

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I've been saying it for years but NJPW is head and shoulders above the second best promotion in the world right now. And as the second best, ROH is head and shoulders above the third best.

Lucha Underground is on the same level but that's really just a TV show and not a proper promotion.

WWE is a plague on this business. All they do is take great talent from better promotions and immediately get to work ruining what makes them special. Like Karl Anderson. Has he done ANYTHING entertaining since he got to WWE?

It's almost like they sign these guys away from NJPW just to sabotage a promotion that they fear is gaining steam internationally. May NJPW continue to build on its success.

famicommander

15 Year Member
2017 was the second most successful year in NJPW history (behind 1997) and also the most successful in ROH history by a county mile.

Collectively since 2015 the two promotions have lost AJ Styles, Adam Cole, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kyle O'Reilly, Roderick Strong, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Prince Devitt, Ricochet, Bobby Fish, any many more to WWE and they're not even phased by it as far as attendance and viewership.