offical wwe thread

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
what are my best options for watching female wrestling exclusively? it seems like most of them are sideshows to traditional male wrestling. are there any notable PPVs or anything that would satisfy? I saw one great match in a '95 episode of Raw, and it was actually one of the most thrilling matches I'd seen in a while and I tend to think this about most female matches I see. really great acrobatics and fighting

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
what are my best options for watching female wrestling exclusively? it seems like most of them are sideshows to traditional male wrestling. are there any notable PPVs or anything that would satisfy? I saw one great match in a '95 episode of Raw, and it was actually one of the most thrilling matches I'd seen in a while and I tend to think this about most female matches I see. really great acrobatics and fighting

The old AJW was pretty good stuff, but I don't know what joshi wrestling is available like that any more. The best modern promotions I've heard for women's wrestling is Shine, and their sister promotion, Shimmer. The Lucha Underground matches with women are sometimes intergender, and they're with quality women's wrestling.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Sasha shouldn't have won that belt. Wrong call, stretching out the scenario this much is gonna cost them credibility.

Edit: Doucher Reigns is back in the championship circle which is BS, enough with that mediocre fuck, isn't the US championship enough of a sacrifice to keep him at bay?

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE Survivor Series Results: 11-20-16

(5) WINNER: Team Smackdown in 53:00. (****1/4)

(6) Goldberg in 1:24.

I'm back for a limited time only...

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Rather enjoyed 205 Live, the crowds are really into Rich Swann and Cedric Alexander

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you watch any Lucha Underground this season, Watch the Episode from Wednesday (Pentagon vs Black Lotus Triad).

Highlights:

My only complaint is that the third match crossed the line (the part with the cable).

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
British ITV is revitalizing "World of Sport" as a wrestling-only show.

So WWE is trying to put as many British talents as possible on retainer to keep them off the show.

JoeAwesome

Going to this later this month:

CymV_Q4WEAImW3B.jpg

The headliner alone is worth it to me.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Good for ECIII.

Colt's picture is absolutely perfect.

Jade is still sexy af.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Shane Taylor and Keith Lee vs The Boys?

That should be nuts. Keith Lee especially moves as well as anyone of his size that I've ever seen.

Also, anyone see Impact last night? Rosemary defeated Jade in a steel cage match for the Knockouts Championship. They even main evented the show, which also featured an X-Divison Championship Triple Threat, Moose absolutely squashing the failed Damien Sandow experiment for the Grand Championship, The Broken Hardys retaining their Tag Team Championship against the DCC, etc. It was an extremely solid episode of Impact.

Tonight is Final Battle. The card looks sick, as usual
ROH World Championship match: Adam Cole (c) vs Kyle O'Reilly
ROH World Television Championship match: Marty Scurll (c) vs Dragon Lee vs Bobby Fish vs Will Ospreay
ROH World Tag Team Championship match: The Young Bucks (c) vs The Brisoces
ROH World Six Man Tag Team Championship tournament final match: Jay White, KUSHIDA, and Lio Rush vs The Kingdom
Cody Rhodes vs Jay Lethal
Silas Young vs Jushin Thunder Liger
Colt Cabana vs Dalton Castle
Motor City Machine Guns and Donovan Dijak vs The Rebellion (formerly the Cabinet)
Pre-show web match: Cheeseburger and Will Ferrara vs The Tempura Boys

Ridiculously stacked card. Cody Rhodes debuting, new championship being inaugurated, three more title matches, Jushin Liger, CMLL's Dragon Lee, Dem Boys vs the Bucks. Count me in.

famicommander

15 Year Member
So I guess Anthem (new parent company of TNA, owners of Fight Network) pushed hard for Broken Matt Hardy's video challenge to be made at Final Battle. They also pushed for Brandi Rhodes, who is actually a contracted TNA talent, to appear with Cody and do his announcing.

The speculation is that in return for allowing the Broken Hardys to work one ROH show (likely Supercard of Honor), ROH will allow the Young Bucks to appear on the "Total Nonstop Deletion" episode of Impact, which will be entirely filmed at Matt Hardy's house.

So it doesn't seem like an official working relationship between TNA and ROH, but at least relations between the two have improved. Last year right before they got booted from Destination America, TNA approached ROH about a working relationship and ROH more or less laughed in their faces.

Fight Network is the exclusive network for ROH in Canada and they also carry ROH PPVs, so Anthem has an interest in ROH doing well even though they're essentially each other's main competition (WWE is too big and everybody else is too small).

If TNA is done working with AAA, there might be a chance for a long term relationship with ROH. But as long as ROH is working with CMLL, they'll keep AAA affiliated promotions at arm's reach.

JoeAwesome

So I guess Anthem (new parent company of TNA, owners of Fight Network) pushed hard for Broken Matt Hardy's video challenge to be made at Final Battle. They also pushed for Brandi Rhodes, who is actually a contracted TNA talent, to appear with Cody and do his announcing.

The speculation is that in return for allowing the Broken Hardys to work one ROH show (likely Supercard of Honor), ROH will allow the Young Bucks to appear on the "Total Nonstop Deletion" episode of Impact, which will be entirely filmed at Matt Hardy's house.

So it doesn't seem like an official working relationship between TNA and ROH, but at least relations between the two have improved. Last year right before they got booted from Destination America, TNA approached ROH about a working relationship and ROH more or less laughed in their faces.

Fight Network is the exclusive network for ROH in Canada and they also carry ROH PPVs, so Anthem has an interest in ROH doing well even though they're essentially each other's main competition (WWE is too big and everybody else is too small).

If TNA is done working with AAA, there might be a chance for a long term relationship with ROH. But as long as ROH is working with CMLL, they'll keep AAA affiliated promotions at arm's reach.

Hardys and Jacksons need to happen.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member

It's gonna be a sad day when TNA finds a way to squander this

famicommander

15 Year Member
Some updates

-The Young Bucks have signed a two year deal to stay with ROH and NJPW. Both companies are reportedly paying them more than on their last deals. The deal allows them to continue working PWG as well as European promotions. They could probably work CMLL too if they wanted, but haven't show any interest so far. The Bucks were said to be very high on WWE's wish list, so it's encouraging to see that ROH and NJPW can hold on to some of their stars even when Vince comes calling.

-Turns out that the Young Bucks are probably not going to appear for TNA. There is no agreement for them to appear on TNA television. It's apparently just a one-way thing. Could be that the Hardys can just leverage TNA into letting them appear for ROH, like Cody Rhodes did.

-Matt Sydal is out of jail in Japan and coming home. He did over a month for getting busted with pot. He'll probably never work in Japan again, so we'll see if ROH still wants him.

-ROH will be running two more shows in Japan next year. It will be the second annual Honor Rising shows, 2/26 and 2/27 at Korakuen Hall

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Vince ain't asking for the Bucks but Triple H is

Sometimes I feel Sydel is his own worst enemy

famicommander

15 Year Member
The point is, ROH is getting to the point where they are financially stable enough to actually win a bidding war every now and then. They're still going to lose the majority of bidding wars with WWE, but it's important that ROH fans see the company as a destination rather than a layover for up and coming stars on their way to WWE.

It also shows that the working relationship between NJPW and ROH isn't going away. For the two companies to collaborate on a two year deal with their biggest draws shows that they're both invested in the other being successful in the long term.

I think the next step is to get the CMLL guys as over as the NJPW guys are in the US. Hopefully they can get some decent stars to have an extended ROH run. Someone like Volador Jr.

famicommander

15 Year Member
At the TV tapings today, ROH is doing the first round of a "Decade of Excellence" tournament, honoring some of the wrestlers that made their ROH debut a decade or more ago.

It's an eight man tournament with the finals taking place in January. The winner receives an ROH World Championship match in March.

The matches
Christopher Daniels vs Mark Briscoe
Alex Shelley vs Colt Cabana
Jushin Thunder Liger vs Jay Lethal
BJ Whitmer vs Jay Briscoe

This is a great chance to get a veteran a short title reign. Of the list, only Jay Lethal and Jay Briscoe have ever held the ROH World Championship. In fact, none of the others have held a major world (heavyweight) championship anywhere.

The most obvious winner here has to be Christopher Daniels. He has won a total of 18 championships between ROH/NJPW/TNA, and innumerable indie championships on multiple continents, but never a major world title. He's 46 years old so the clock is ticking, but right now the guy can still hang with the best of them. I'd love to see it. He and Frankie Kazarian haven't quite turned face but they're showing signs of it, showing a bit of respect to certain wrestlers and shaking hands occasionally. I could get behind a victory lap title reign for Daniels. He helped put both TNA and ROH on the map.

Mark Briscoe has to have a singles title reign at some point. Now's as good of a time as any.

Whitmer has been in ROH for a billion years but I don't see him as a world champ.

Liger's not going to win a world title as a part timer. Just having him appear is enough for the fans.

Colt Cabana's recent heel turn has him talking about the title. I don't know if they'll put the strap on him since he's appearing without a contract and has no interest in signing one.

Alex Shelley seems to be doing the whole MCMG stable thing right now, and he's obviously most famous for his tag team wrestling. I don't think Shelley would be a bad world champion at all, but I don't know where that would leave Sabin. Shelley is doing the heavy lifting for the Guns right now; I don't know that Sabin has a lot to do as a singles wrestler. He's already been a world champ in TNA, albeit briefly. And his body is a lot more broken down.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Trump has officially nominated Linda McMahon for head of the Small Business Administration.

This can only be bad for WWE's quality of programming.

famicommander

15 Year Member
-Silas Young has signed a one year ROH exclusive deal. He had been working without a contract since July. He will still honor the dates he had booked previously but after that he's only going to appear for ROH in the US (he can still appear for any Euro promotions, and presumably CMLL/NJPW/PWG if they wanted to book him). He's getting a pay increase in ROH so he won't have to take as many bookings, and says he is looking forward to spending more time resting with his family.

-Dalton Castle and Adam Page have also stopped taking US indie bookings, indicating that they may have also signed new exclusive deals with ROH.

-Kyle O'Reilly will defend his ROH World Championship against Adam Cole at NJPW's flagship event, Wrestle Kingdom 11

-Next week's ROH TV episode will again be an all Women of Honor episode

-Matt Hardy's TNA contract expires in February

-Vince McMahon seems to have changed his mind regarding allowing indie wrestling content onto the WWE Network

famicommander

15 Year Member
-Anthem is now in 100% financial control of TNA, though Dixie Carter does still show up at the office
-Anthem is putting together a 2017 schedule that includes house shows, a live show in Orlando during Wrestlemania weekend, and the long delayed tour of India
-No word yet on a new UK TV deal after they lost their last partner earlier this year

I can't believe TNA actually seems to have stabilized. As much of a gong show as it's been at times, TNA is nothing if not resilient.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
At the TV tapings today, ROH is doing the first round of a "Decade of Excellence" tournament, honoring some of the wrestlers that made their ROH debut a decade or more ago.

It's an eight man tournament with the finals taking place in January. The winner receives an ROH World Championship match in March.

The matches
Christopher Daniels vs Mark Briscoe
Alex Shelley vs Colt Cabana
Jushin Thunder Liger vs Jay Lethal
BJ Whitmer vs Jay Briscoe

This is a great chance to get a veteran a short title reign. Of the list, only Jay Lethal and Jay Briscoe have ever held the ROH World Championship. In fact, none of the others have held a major world (heavyweight) championship anywhere.

The most obvious winner here has to be Christopher Daniels. He has won a total of 18 championships between ROH/NJPW/TNA, and innumerable indie championships on multiple continents, but never a major world title. He's 46 years old so the clock is ticking, but right now the guy can still hang with the best of them. I'd love to see it. He and Frankie Kazarian haven't quite turned face but they're showing signs of it, showing a bit of respect to certain wrestlers and shaking hands occasionally. I could get behind a victory lap title reign for Daniels. He helped put both TNA and ROH on the map.

Mark Briscoe has to have a singles title reign at some point. Now's as good of a time as any.

Whitmer has been in ROH for a billion years but I don't see him as a world champ.

Liger's not going to win a world title as a part timer. Just having him appear is enough for the fans.

Colt Cabana's recent heel turn has him talking about the title. I don't know if they'll put the strap on him since he's appearing without a contract and has no interest in signing one.

Alex Shelley seems to be doing the whole MCMG stable thing right now, and he's obviously most famous for his tag team wrestling. I don't think Shelley would be a bad world champion at all, but I don't know where that would leave Sabin. Shelley is doing the heavy lifting for the Guns right now; I don't know that Sabin has a lot to do as a singles wrestler. He's already been a world champ in TNA, albeit briefly. And his body is a lot more broken down.

I had hoped back when he was feuding with Matt Taven w/House Of Truth that the end result would have been Mark getting the TV title but going by interviews he is outwardly happy just wrestling and winning a tag title with Jay as he said getting the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Title was a career and personal highlight for him.

A fued between Kyle O and Daniels/Colt is is good either way

1) Christopher Daniels
-in one ROH segment he mentioned this could be the last tour for him and Kaz and what better feud is a face legend telling the young champ that before he hangs them up he needs to be THE champ with said young face guy saying I respect you but I'm keeping this title. I get a chub just thinking about the matches between the two who already had stellar matches against each other as part of their respective tag teams

2) Colt Cabana
-Heel Colt has been great as a smarmy dick and the promos he can cut belittling Kyle who he could make look like the babiest of all babyfaces and imo I think a lot of folks sleep on the fact that Colt can hang with just about anybody because for years he's been CM Punk's life partner/that comedy guy

Switching gears I took full advantage of ROH's annual black friday deals and picked up the following dvds:

A Decade In The Making: The Story of Jimmy Jacobs & BJ Whitmer
ACH A Gogo
AJ STyles: There's No Place Like Home
Alex Shelly: Made In Detroit
Bryan Danielson: The Final Countdown & World Champion
CM Punk: Icon
Jay Lethal: A Lethal Dose
Kevin Steen: Hell Rising
ReDRagon: Enter The ReDRagon
Samoa Joe: Don't Call It A Comeback

As soon as Best In The World and Reach For The Sky Tour hits dvd I'm getting those as well, it would be nice if ROH would start producing blu rays since PWG can do it and they don't have a conglomerate behind them