offical wwe thread

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
You obviously haven't seen a show of theirs in quite a while then. They have 1 death match per show, unless it's Tournament of Death.

Enlighten me. What's a good recent event to find and watch? I'm open to watching some CZW, but was that assertion wrong for CZW's older days or cross-promo days with Big Japan?

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Enlighten me. What's a good recent event to find and watch? I'm open to watching some CZW, but was that assertion wrong for CZW's older days or cross-promo days with Big Japan?

Check out last year's Best of the Best show. I saw it in person and it was awesome from what I recall.

And yes, you were correct about the old days. There were some greats matches from CZW in the early 2000's but they fucked up a ton as well.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Frankie Kazarian's mic skills have improved tenfold in the last two years. I would like to see him get a title run at some point.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
What I mean, to be direct, is someone told me CZW was more than "garbage matches." Right now, I don't agree.

Chris Hero v Eddie Kingston is one of the best feuds I've ever followed.

Check it out if you get a chance.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Vince bought WCW 15 years ago today. I'll never forget seeing his stupid smug face on the screen on Nitro. WCW had been a gong show for about two years by that point, but still.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I just watched NXT, Balor had a match with Swan. I saw him before in one episode and thought he was fun, very athletic, very agile, certainly knows how to make use of his abilities to show case himself, even during a crush match, that's how I knew he had something in him. So far I like him but I have yet to see him do any grapples, in truth that match with Balor just now was the best match I've seen on NXT in a long ass time.

Swan & Ricochet are possibly linked to why "All Night Long" by Lionel Richie had a surge in digital sales

famicommander

15 Year Member
One positive thing about TNA: every champion in the company is in their very first title reign (well, except Abyss as one of the tag champs, but he's with a new team and his partner is in his first reign)

TNA World Heavyweight Champion: Drew Galloway
TNA King of the Mountain Champion: Bram
TNA X Division Champion: Trevor Lee
TNA World Tag Team Champions: Decay (Abyss and Crazzy Steve)
TNA Knockouts Champion: Jade (AKA Mia Yim)

And I like them all as wrestlers except Crazzy Steve. Steve sucks ass in the ring, but he's third fiddle in Decay behind Abyss and Rosemary and I actually like Decay as an act.

I wish Dixie would sell the company and someone would fire Bob Ryder, John Gaburick, and Billy Corgan. Of course they'd have to rebrand, but TNA still has a good roster and a national TV timeslot.

TNA just pulled EC3 from all of his UK indie bookings after those promotions had advertised him for weeks. Pretty weak shit there.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Nearly 24 hours after the end of the go-home to Wrestlemania show, and nobody has anything to say?

I'll start.

Could they possibly be that stupid with Eva Marie? Seriously? Let's debut her in Brooklyn, the place with enough smarks to sell out a big arena for NXT, and debut her as a face. That will go over real well. The fact that the others were kind of lukewarm towards her doesn't even really matter.

And since when did Main Event matter again? I actually liked that show a lot back when it was on that Ion channel. There were a lot of great matches on that show, and then it became one of the biggest deals on the Network because it was live, but then the 'E fucked it all up when the Sky Sports legal department reminded them that Main Event has Sky exclusivity in the UK after the Network came to the UK. Are they even airing it live on Tuesdays anymore? Anyway, they apparently unveiled the Divas match teams for Mania on Main Event. I didn't even know that the show was still around. Next thing you'll tell me is that Superstars is still around, too.

Pretty entertaining Legends With JBL with Michael Hayes, though.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I'm really only looking forward to Taker vs Shane and Brock vs Dean.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The women's 3 way might be good. If the E doesn't fuck it up.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Lucha Underground held most of its record setting audience from last week. They did 159,000, down only 4,000 from last week and still good for the second best total in LU history.

Impact was also down slightly to 312,000, which is still the fourth best total since they debuted on Pop (the highest was 339,000 and last week was 331,000).

Dixie Carter is reportedly in talks to sell a large chunk of TNA to an outside investor. The hold up seems to be that she wants to only give up 49% so she retains control, whereas the interested party is seeking at least 53%.

God damn, I hope she sells it.

Paragon Pro Wrestling is leaving MSG network because of what they call unreliability. They're supposed to announce another new network sometime today or tomorrow. They'e still on Tuff TV, YouToo America, Fight Network, and WADL-Detroit. I hope it's a channel I actually get without having to resort to an antenna.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
TV statistic wonder here...

Anyway, I dunno about this WM, it's just so dull...

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
TV statistic wonder here...

Anyway, I dunno about this WM, it's just so dull...

WWE has been leaking some great news today. Divas Division is getting replaced by the women's division,the participants announced so far for the Cruiserweight Tournament are awesome, and Balor is getting called up to the main roster. I'm very excited for the post mania Raw.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice! Never liked SUPERSTARS/DIVAS branding. RR main eventing 2 WMs in a row...the POS, if he wins, OMFG...

As much as I loved the CW division back in WCW 'cause it was better than everything else. I don't want them to do this here in WWE 'cause all that's gonna do is get lost in the shuffle and thought as an add-on. Whoever they have for this tournament should be just incorporated into the main roster. Is Balor that small? Gee, anyway, not totally sold on Balor anyway, so hey whatever happens, happens.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The Snickers commercial with the Divas and Crisley is pretty funny.

I'm interested in enough WM matches that I'm going to watch it.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Nice! Never liked SUPERSTARS/DIVAS branding. RR main eventing 2 WMs in a row...the POS, if he wins, OMFG...

As much as I loved the CW division back in WCW 'cause it was better than everything else. I don't want them to do this here in WWE 'cause all that's gonna do is get lost in the shuffle and thought as an add-on. Whoever they have for this tournament should be just incorporated into the main roster. Is Balor that small? Gee, anyway, not totally sold on Balor anyway, so hey whatever happens, happens.

Cruiserweight Tournament is a network special. It's all indie/Japanese/lucha/nxt folks. Swan is in.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
If it's completely separate from RAW and main roster then I can see that being something especial. I'd just hate any of these guys being belittled by the main roster douches that can't even wrestle if you know what I mean.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Dixie Carter is reportedly in talks to sell a large chunk of TNA to an outside investor.

The hobo sleeping in the dumpster found enough bottles and cans to buy TNA stock? That company's going places.

Spoiler:
Down the toilet

I'd love to buy it, just to shutter it so you'll stop fucking talking about it.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Crap.

They had one week where MSG flubbed and people missed it on their DVRs. I wonder what unreliability they were experiencing beyond that.
They accidentally aired a previous week's episode instead of a new one at least once.

And I'll be sure to keep talking about TNA since filthyrear enjoys it so.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Anyone watching NXT tonight? I'm thinking of streaming it for Nakamura/Zayn, but I've been having bad luck on streams lately.

Edit: screw it, free trial of WWE Network starting tonight.

Last edited: