offical wwe thread

Q

qube

Yung: I, unfortunatly, don't think that Ring of Honor will ever get a television deal :(

I hope for things, but then I watch RAW on Mondays, and reality comes crashing back around my head like a ton of wet fish crying

life sux...lol

Q-

Genocide Tweeter

Crossed Swords Squire
..I just hope SOMEBODY gets a TV deal...RoH, NWA TNA, or even the damned ICP.
Commpetition is good for this business, and it keeps things fresh and interesting.
Things have been horrible ever since WCW died.
HHH plans to erase Bob Backlund from the histroy books!
..Much like Barry Bonds wants to do to Babe Ruth...
oh_no
*Prays to a picture of Curry Man to save the sport*
oh_no

Q

qube

Genocide Tweeter
Oddly enough Backlund actually doesn't hold the record for retaining the WWF world heavyweight title. Bruno Sanmartino does :D

BB held it for over 3 years, but BS held it for over 7 eek! eek! eek! eek!

Q-

Sythe

Ninja Combat Warrior
qube:
Genocide Tweeter
Oddly enough Backlund actually doesn't hold the record for retaining the WWF world heavyweight title. Bruno Sanmartino does :D

BB held it for over 3 years, but BS held it for over 7 eek! eek! eek! eek!

Q-
7 YEARS!!

HOLY CRAP, nothing like that can ever happen today, it would kill the business faster then you can say "Spolier: HHH wins" loco

Genocide Tweeter

Crossed Swords Squire
I thought Backlund had it a lot longer than 3 years....
Oh well, then Trips'll try and erase Bruno, instead.
:p

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
hows about some smackdown to bring you guys back up and running? no "triple gay" today. i just realized something. when was the last time anyone was a double champion? i guess if one guy has a belt they won't let him have another i supose. (thinking back to tag belts for smackdown) is the show really getting that predictable?

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
im watching smackdown and for some reason matt hardy sold rey mysterio's west coast pump perfectly. owww!!

Q

qube

El_Duque:
im watching smackdown and for some reason matt hardy sold rey mysterio's west coast pump perfectly. owww!!
That would be because Matt Hardy is a wrestling GOD among men buttrock

Version 1 for life biyatch!!!!

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
man, i once saw wwe and i saw some guy with one leg fight. that was really funny loco

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
abdul:
man, i once saw wwe and i saw some guy with one leg fight. that was really funny loco
i agree, first of all i have nothing against people with disabilities but in the case of zach gowen it feels like an insult and a slap in the face for people that are in wrestling schools because some have been doing this longer than he has and have yet to push themselves into the spotlight.

Sythe

Ninja Combat Warrior
Okay my area cannot be the only one, but last night on one of my local channels they broadcasted TNA NWA wildside. And this past Tuesday a different local cable channel showed the NWA pay per view from the previous week. After watching these I must say that the matches make the ones in the WWE seems weak by comparsion. Am I the only one who has seen this stuff for free??

Q

qube

Sythe:
Okay my area cannot be the only one, but last night on one of my local channels they broadcasted TNA NWA wildside. And this past Tuesday a different local cable channel showed the NWA pay per view from the previous week. After watching these I must say that the matches make the ones in the WWE seems weak by comparsion. Am I the only one who has seen this stuff for free??
Consider yourself very lucky my friend, Wildside is broadcast in VERY FEW markets around the country!

I see NWA-TNA for free every week....

but that is another story smirk

Q-

El_Duque

Andy's Clothess,
qube:
Sythe:
Consider yourself very lucky my friend, Wildside is broadcast in VERY FEW markets around the country!

I see NWA-TNA for free every week....

but that is another story smirk

Q-
so you're saying that nwa-tna is the new ecw, small market franchise yet draws crowds and puts on excellent matches.

Q

qube

El_Duque
so you're saying that nwa-tna is the new ecw, small market franchise yet draws crowds and puts on excellent matches.
Well, there are definite similarities. Lets just say that TNA obviously tries ALOT harder than the WWE does. They have so much more to prove, and a ton less $$$ to prove it with.

The Jarretts put on a great show with what they have available to them though. They have some awesome talent (lot of ex ECW guys), a great anchor announcer (Mike Tenay), a shitload of desire, and a huge heart.

heh, I guess they are kind of the ECW for the 2000's. But then again, so are MLW and RoH :)

Q-

Q

qube

Since there are obviously some fans here or my favorite wrestler Raven, I just thought that I would share this with those of you who did'nt see it.

I missed TNA on Wednesday b/c of my birthday, but I caught the replay late last night and here is what transpired wink

Raven was jumped by Shane Douglas early in the show and carted off to the hospital completely covered in blood. Later in the evening there was a 13 man gauntlet match for the #1 contendership! Raven was supposed to be in it, but obviously he could not now b/c of injuries suffered at the hands of Shane Douglas. On a side note Jeff Jarrett was abducted by AJ Styles (current champion) and Vince Russo before the main event, therefore he could not be in it now either. Main event is now down to 11 wink

Anyway, the gauntlet match started with Kid Kash and Ron 'The Truth' Killings, great stuff by 2 great wrestlers to start the match. As the match progressed to #7 Jarretts music hit, but he didn't show b/c he was with AJ and Vince (Russo that is). As the match progressed towards #13 there were still 7 guys in the ring when Ravens music hit...

And the man, the myth, the legend RAVEN comes through the entrance ramp covered in blood and bandages!!!!

FUCKING HELL YEAH!

Raven makes his way to the ring and proceeds to clean house. He eliminated D'lo Brown, 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels, Konnan, and Abyss! After most participants were eliminated it was down to Raven and.....Shane Douglas!!!

Raven put up some great offense as usual, including his signature drop toe hold into a steel chair. Douglas managed to get the upper hand at one point, he proceeded to go for his finisher, the belly to belly suplex. Raven reversed it in mid-air and turned it into an Evenflow (Raven Effect for you WWE guys wink )!!!

Raven covered for the win and became the #1 challenger to AJ Styles world heavyweight championship. The match is next week, DO NOT miss it. Hopefully they will finally put the strap on Raven after 8 months and only 2 title shots :mad:

Fucking A, TNA ownz the WWE for free!!

On a side note: Shane Douglas's old finisher, The Pittsburgh Plunge was so much better than just using a belly to belly suplex. I wonder why he switched spock

SUPPORT YOUR INDY SCENE, ORDER TNA NEXT WEEK!

Wednesday night on PPV at 8:00 est/pcf 7:00 cen!

Q-

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Summerslam predictions.

Dudley's vs. La Resistance
Dudley's win

Undertaker vs. A-Train
I am going to go with the upset A-Train.

Shane O Mac vs. Eric Bischoff
The Bisch wins with interference from Linda McMahon. :D

RVD vs. Kane
RVD Made some negative comments about the WWE on a radio interview, so Kane wins.

Chris Benoit vs. Rhyno vs. Tajiri vs. Eddie Guerrero for the U.S Championship.
Guerrero retains the title by pinning Tajiri

Lesner vs. Angle
I find it hard to believe they will take the title off Angle this fast. Angle wins, but not with a clean pin fall.

Goldberg vs. HBK vs. Nash vs Jericho vs. Randy Orton vs. HHH in The Elimination Chamber.
Rumor has it that Trip's will lose the belt, but to who? Do they go with Goldberg? No, he doesn't work House shows. Same goes for HBK. Would they put it on Nash? No, to old, to slow, and not over with the crowd enough. What about Orton? Its possible, that way you keep Trip's near the belt and set up a future feud with the two. Last but not least Jericho. Jericho in my opinion is more over then anybody else in this match. Even though Vince doesn't see him as a top draw because of his size, I believe he will once again win the belt and internet geeks will rejoice. buttrock

What do the rest of you think?

djdelly:

RVD vs. Kane
RVD Made some negative comments about the WWE on a radio interview, so Kane wins.
What were those negative comments? Besides the obvious one that the WWE sucks! smirk

Your predictions are very interesting. Although, I think that La Resistance may retain their titles. (I hope that I am wrong on that one).

Linda and Bichoff together, hmm, that sounds very interesting. Disfunctional family anyone? wink

And I really hope that Jericho regains the belt once more!!! buttrock

Q

qube

Well, yet another lame ass WWE PPV has come and gone. Completely forgettable except for the Angle/Lesnar match and the US title match.

All 4 McMahons magange to gain prominent television time. Shane/Bischoff is allotted WAY TOO MUCH time!

Triple H retains the title once again oh_no

RVD is punished for his negative comments on the WWE oh_no

Maybe Jericho will get a fair shake one day...

Bring on TNA on Wednesday. Go RAVEN!!!! buttrock

Q-

Q

qube

He mainly just talked about how the WWE pushes the wrong people and thinks that his character is being misused. Nothing major, but in the eyes of the :rolleyes: McMahons :rolleyes: , anything other than praise is seen as a slap in the face. I can't recall what the exact comments were....

Fuck the WWE!

Q-

qube:
He mainly just talked about how the WWE pushes the wrong people and thinks that his character is being misused. Nothing major, but in the eyes of the :rolleyes: McMahons :rolleyes: , anything other than praise is seen as a slap in the face. I can't recall what the exact comments were....

Fuck the WWE!

Q-
Oh, I see. So RVD just said the same thing that we were saying in this thread for weeks.

Thanks for the info qube. And I agree with you fuck the WWE!

Do you know if the dudleys won the tag belts? Was Zach Gowen able to wrestle against Matt Hardy? If so, who won?

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Summer Slam match results.

<a href="http://www.steveswrestling.com/news/2057.html" target="_blank">http://www.steveswrestling.com/news/2057.html</a>

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
Master Giby:
Summer Slam match results.

<a href="http://www.steveswrestling.com/news/2057.html" target="_blank">http://www.steveswrestling.com/news/2057.html</a>
wow! thanks for the 411 giby-san. :) i guess its safe to say that raw will just be rehashing the ppv events. im sure everyone is glad that triple h is the champ still :rolleyes: *looking at yung's direction* just curious on something though, who the hell is writing the script for the show now, cause its getting stale for both sides of the show now(raw and smackdown). maybe we should protest or something. by not watching the show and sending some spam or something. your thoughts

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Triple H sucks fucking monkey balls. Another fucking payperview and he keeps the belt because he's boning the boss's daughter. Fuck him, and fuck Vince for Ok'ing this shit. Fuck the WWE.

Mike