offical wwe thread

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I like cody because he understands that he will never be cementing the main event scene. So he focuses on making the mid card interesting.

Same as his brother did after coming to the WWF.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I like cody because he understands that he will never be cementing the main event scene. So he focuses on making the mid card interesting.

THIS.

I dont care what gimmick these guys are given, they own it and somehow force it to get over.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I'm of the opinion that if Orton didn't have a famous last name, he would be shuttling between ROH and Japan (IE Davey Richards). Which would be good for him, since he would be forced to put on better matches.

Kyle O'Riley is basically everything Davey Richards wishes he could be

Damn I loved it when he was doing his Dr. Doom-esq heel against Rey Mysterio

"Are you happy Rey? You became so jealous of me that you had to destroy my beautiful face........and make me just like one of THEM!" *points to crowd

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Damn I loved it when he was doing his Dr. Doom-esq heel against Rey Mysterio
"Are you happy Rey? You became so jealous of me that you had to destroy my beautiful face........and make me just like one of THEM!" *points to crowd

Yeah, I'd say that was the height of his performance art. The nasal tone, the obsession with beauty. Reminded me of Vanilla Sky.

THe handing out paper bags to the audience. (which kind of backfired because hey, everybody wants free shit).

Or The time when they changed to the white strap on the IC title and he put a bag over the old one because of it's uglyness.

Creative should take a look at that gimmick and think about it in terms of Taylor Breeze.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That was my favorite too. Cody with the mask and the classic leather gear looked so great. I dunno about the bags, but I liked the psychotic calculating attitude he had on those days.

Cody should be a main event guy, just like Dolph. Those 2 are my favorites on this roster.

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
I don't think Cody every really had a bad gimmick like Dusty & Dustin though. He OWNED the mask.

Obviously, the Stardust is maxing out at the mid card/tag team gold though.

We're getting Brock vs Cena again at NoC. This match better be similar to the last one. Just keep building Lesnar up for someone else.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
This is one of the few threads with little flaming in it. There are plenty of threads where you can flame away so move on please.

Archdesigner03 if you don't enjoy prowrestling that's fine, we do enjoy it and would like to share are thoughts in peace.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
TNA and Spike TV have agreed to a contract extension to keep Impact on television through the end of 2014.

TNA president Dixie Carter issued a statement Wednesday afternoon noting that "negotiations are ongoing" for 2015.

“Impact Wrestling will remain a vital part of Spike TV's programming on Wednesday nights, 9/8c, through the end of the year," Carter said. "Negotiations remain ongoing beyond this time frame.”

TNA's existing contract with Spike TV ran through the end of September, leaving TNA without a home for the fall season when Spike reportedly decided not to renew the show for the fall season.

If Spike is still considering keeping Impact on TV beyond 2014, the new timeslot will give Spike a few months to gauge whether TNA can still bring in their typical audience on a less-desirable night of the week. It also allows TNA more time to negotiate a new TV deal for next year and beyond if Spike does not renew Impact.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
WWE Main Event Results: 8-19-14

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's complete report).

1 -- U.S. champion SHEAMUS vs. CURTIS AXEL -- non-title match

Before the bell sounded, a siren sounded to bring out Cesaro dressed in a fashionable European suit. He joined the commentary team, noting the WWE Network is now available in 170 countries, so he thought he would join the announce team to speak to the international audience. Sheamus dominated early on, but Axel landed a kick that sent Sheamus rolling to the floor to gain control. Axel worked on Sheamus back in the ring leading to a break.

Axel slapped Sheamus around back from break. Axel pushed Sheamus a little too far, though, as Sheamus no-sold and came to his feet to angrily smash Axel all over the ring. Sheamus connected with a flying elbow from the top turnbuckle, then put Axel on the ring apron for Ten Forearms to the Chest right in front of Cesaro, which Cesaro took exception to. Sheamus then went for the Brogue Kick, Axel ducked too soon, and Sheamus grazed Axel, but Axel sold like it was a full shot. Sheamus scored the pin for the win.

Post-match: Cesaro stood up and grabbed Sheamus's U.S. Title belt. Cesaro looked at the belt, then casually tossed it into the ring. Sheamus caught the title and glared at Cesaro as he walked away.

WINNER: Sheamus at 9:32. Fine to re-establish Sheamus after a cold start to his U.S. Title reign.

Video Message: Triple H delivered a message that John Cena submitted a request for his WWE Title re-match earlier in the day. Brock Lesnar accepted. Therefore, it will be Lesnar vs. Cena for the WWE Title at Night of Champions.

2 -- NIKKI BELLA vs. EMMA

Back from break, Emma was doing her thing in the ring. The announcers initially focused on the Cena vs. Lesnar re-match announcement, then stopped to acknowledge a light "You Sold Out" chant directed at Nikki. Nikki channeled her frustration with an attack on Emma. Emma tried to come back with a top-rope splash, but Nikki moved and followed up with a torture rack backbreaker. It was good for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Nikki at 3:37. Basic reinforcement of Nikki now in a heel role.

3 -- TITUS O'NEIL & HEATH SLATER vs. LOS MATADORES (DIEGO & FERNANDO w/El Torito and Hornswoggle)

Los Matadores worked on Slater early on as Cole cracked farm-related jokes. Diego had Slater pinned, but Titus broke up a pin. Fernando then dumped Titus, but Slater dumped Fernando. Back to Slater and Diego trading nearfalls, then Slater nailed an implant DDT for the pin and the win.

Post-match: Torito entered the ring to check on Diego, which drew Slater's attention. Slater wanted a piece of Torito, but CowSwoggle kicked Slater from behind. Slater laughed him off, dropped down to his knees, and found himself double-teamed by the bull and cow, who sent Slater crashing into Titus.

WINNERS: Slater Gator at 4:23. Basic deal giving the heels a win, but erasing it with the heels getting embarrassed.

4 -- BIG SHOW (w/Mark Henry) vs. ERICK ROWAN (w/Luke Harper)

Big Show knocked Rowan over the top rope early on, but Rowan whipped Show into the ringpost when he tried to follow up. Back in the ring, Rowan stomped and kicked Show. But, Show caught Rowan's foot for a big clothesline. Show then opened up Rowan's garbageman suit to chop him across the chest. And, one more time after shushing the crowd. Show tried a running move, but Rowan ducked and speared Show's knee to chop down the giant.

Rowan wore down Show for a few minutes as Henry tried to encourage Show to fight back. Rowan measured Show for a big bodyslam, like last night on Raw, and he connected, but Show kicked out. Moments later, Rowan tried to pick up Show, but Show just pulled out a KO Punch out of nowhere. It wasn't a full blow, but Show limped over to cover Rowan for a three count.

Post-match: Henry entered the ring to help Show to his feet as Harper simply stood still staring into the ring. WWE replayed Show's sudden KO Punch before returning to a shot of Harper still glaring toward Show and Henry as Henry helped Show out of the ring to wrap up Main Event.

WINNER: Show at 6:33. An anti-climatic finish, but it also worked well on a sports-like level of the finish coming out of nowhere rather than neatly building to a finishing sequence.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
TNA Impact Wrestling Results: 8-20-14

Forgot Impact had moved to Wednesday nights. Fortunately my DVR didn't forget it and taped it.

Results courtesy of PWTorch.com (direct link to Caldwell's complete report). Condensed here to in-ring results only.

1 -- ABYSS vs. BRAM -- Stairway to Janice match

The stunt brawl included trashcan shots directly to Abyss's head early on. Bram came up bleeding moments later on the outside, then avoided barbed wire in the ring. Capturing desensitivity to the simulated violence, as Abyss set up thumbtacks in the ring, the announcers shifted the discussion to previewing Dixie Carter's interview later in the show. Bram then shoved Abyss off a ladder through a barbed wire board. Bram scaled the ladder to retrieve Janice, but Abyss blocked and sent Bram into tacks with a Black Hole Slam. Abyss retrieved Janice, but Bram kicked Abyss in the crotch. Bram then smashed Abyss in the gut with the barbed wire board. Bram covered an injured Abyss for the win.

WINNER: Bram at 8:24. The same stunt brawl Abyss has had off/on for 10 years in TNA, now with the story of Abyss losing at his own game.

2 -- X Division champion SAMOA JOE vs. LOW KI -- X Division Title match

Strong feeling-out process early on, then Joe blasted Ki with a strike and went through his signature crowd-pleasing offense while carrying himself like a confident champion. Ki responded with a corner attack leading to rapid-fire kick-based offense. Joe and Ki went back and forth countering each other's moves, telling the story of knowing each other so well in the ring. Ki wanted a top-rope move, but Joe emphatically kicked Ki's feet out from under him. Joe capitalized with the Musclebuster for the pin and the win.

WINNER: Joe at 7:56 to retain the X Division Title. Fine match trying to advance the present-day X Division past a mid-2000s nostalgia show, but the division will always be held back by a lack of definition and TNA acting as if "the X Division" is a group of interchangeable, similarly-under-sized wrestlers. Joe as champ helps offset that, but it will take more than Joe as champ to address the issue.

3 -- MR. ANDERSON vs. SAM SHAW -- I Quit match

Back from break, Anderson's music was playing in the arena as Anderson and Shaw emerged on-stage fighting in front of the audience. A bell sounded to officially begin the match. Anderson tried to use a wire to choke out Shaw, but Shaw reversed and tried to choke Anderson with the wire, but Anderson back-dropped Shaw to escape. Gunner then walked out on-stage to talk to Anderson, which gave Shaw an opening to attack Anderson and begin punishing him.

Now in the ring, Shaw sat down on a Camel Clutch, but Anderson refused to quit. Anderson came back with a shoulder submission, prompting Shaw to scream out in pain, but refuse to give up. Gunner tried to encourage Shaw to fight from the outside, then Gunner entered the ring, but Shaw said he quits. Gunner shoved Anderson, apparently upset with him taking liberties with Shaw.

WINNER: Anderson at 5:53. Still no reason to care about Sam Shaw's journey to respectability. Time to move on or try a different approach.

4 -- KO champion GAIL KIM vs. ANGELINA LOVE (w/Velvet Sky) -- Knockouts Title match -- Last Knockout Standing

Gail hit the ring running chasing Angelina around ringside as the bell sounded. Gail was relentless continuing to attack Angelina in the ring and out of the ring until Velvet helped cut off Gail. Angelina couldn't put Gail away, though, and Gail made a comeback before suplexing Angelina off the top rope onto a chair below. Referee Earl Hebner began a ten count, Velvet tried to revive Angelina from the outside, Gail reached her feet, and Angelina was unable to answer a ten count, giving Gail the win and the feud via the visual of Angelina completely conquered.

WINNER: Gail at 8:15 to retain the KO Title. The end of one chapter setting up the start of a new chapter for Gail's title run.

5 -- SIX SIDES OF STEEL CAGE MATCH -- #1 contender match to the TNA World Title

Taz pointed out that everyone was wearing black trunks except for Eric Young, who was sporting New York Rangers-themed blue trunks. Basic multiple-person fighting early on, then Impact cut to a break two minutes into the match.

On the way back from break, TNA ran a trailer for their next PPV, Bound for Glory, still scheduled for October in Japan. Back in the arena, wrestlers teased escaping the cage, only to be yanked back inside the cage. Meanwhile, Roode put Storm in a Crossface, prompting Storm to tap out, but it did not matter per the rules. The wrestlers then set up stereo Tower of Doom spots with three men on one side of the ring and three on the other side.

Roode and EY found themselves the only two men left standing after the Double Doom spot, then locked eyes and began climbing out of opposite sides of the cage. EY hit the top of the cage first, scaled down, and Roode caught up to him on the other side to drop down to the floor at the same time as EY.

The bell sounded and the refs who jogged down to ringside at the start came back into play by raising the hand of the person on their side of the cage. TNA went to a split-screen replay showing a simultaneous landing. They did the spot where one ref held up one wrestlers's hand in victory, but the other ref yanked his arm down to hold up the other wrestlers's hand. Impact signed off with no resolution to the matter.

WINNER: Young & Roode tied at 11:56. Fine episodic storytelling trying to stretch out the resolution of a main event to next week. TNA hasn't over-used this tool in the toolbox as much recently, making it passable and not as groan-inducing as in past eras.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Rumors and tidbits...

Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.

Rumors for the Day:

•In an interesting update to the Alberto Del Rio situation, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter is saying that part of why he was fired could be the lawsuit against Big Show where someone in production sued for Show getting too rough with him. Keeping Del Rio on could have strengthened that case and if the social media manager had followed through on his apparent threat to sue, WWE would have been in a bad position.

•Also of interest is the fact that John Cena, Big Show, and Randy Orton all went to bat for Del Rio and told him they would help him get his job back later. Apparently, Triple H told Del Rio when he fired him that if he kept his nose clean, they could bring him back in six months or so. Del Rio's response to all this was that he doesn't want to come back anymore.

•Dave Meltzer wrote on his message board that Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns is the planned direction for WrestleMania 31 and it was decided "either shortly before or shortly after WrestleMania". Lesnar vs. John Cena at SummerSlam was supposed to be Lesnar vs. Bryan and it would have played out the same way it did this past Sunday night with Reigns being the guy who would emerge to save the day at next year's WrestleMania.

•Speaking of Bryan, David Shoemaker of Grantland tweeted late yesterday that he's heard Bryan needs Tommy John surgery and he'll be out of action for at least three more months.

•It was reported by Mark Madden that Kurt Angle outright called Triple H to inquire about a WWE return and Triple H blew him off. So Angle decided to call Vince McMahon, who told him Triple H is in charge of talent decisions now. This was a risky play on Angle's part because it pissed Triple H off that Angle would go over his head. It certainly doesn't look like he'll be coming back to WWE.

blotter12

Kabuki Klasher
•Dave Meltzer wrote on his message board that Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns is the planned direction for WrestleMania 31 and it was decided "either shortly before or shortly after WrestleMania". Lesnar vs. John Cena at SummerSlam was supposed to be Lesnar vs. Bryan and it would have played out the same way it did this past Sunday night with Reigns being the guy who would emerge to save the day at next year's WrestleMania.

Wow. We lucked out here. The Lesnar vs Cena match worked so well only because Cena always "overcomes the odds" and has been protected for so long. Beating Cena like that is almost as special as beating Taker at 'Mania, regardless of if gold is on the line.

Beating Bryan like that would have been just another victory for Lesnar. Bryan is a natural underdog. His character works as the guy beating monsters like Lesnar, not getting fed to them...

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I'm happy to see that a lot of guys went to bat for Del Rio as he has been called more than once one of the guys everyone likes to be in the ring with. I don't blame him though for saying no to a future return. He has made some good money and will do so in AAA as well so I don't see a return as something he would have to do. Plus the circumstances that led to the whole issue are pretty messed up especially when you take into account the fact that we have not heard of any reprimand or firing for the guy that said the stuff to him.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Beating Bryan like that would have been just another victory for Lesnar. Bryan is a natural underdog. His character works as the guy beating monsters like Lesnar, not getting fed to them...

My guess is that if it was Bryan/Lesnar, we would still have gotten Cena/Lesnar at a later date.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Man I have not watched TNA for a long time, I feel I should as I hear they're doing good things in the x-division again

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Man I have not watched TNA for a long time, I feel I should as I hear they're doing good things in the x-division again

Good luck finding it. They are on Wednesdays now and for whatever reason my DVR (Cox cable) does not list the show at all in the guide.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Not sure if it was mentioned, but Smackdown is now back on its original day of Thursday staring in October. Not sure on why, they always seem to be the top show on Fridays.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Not sure if it was mentioned, but Smackdown is now back on its original day of Thursday staring in October. Not sure on why, they always seem to be the top show on Fridays.

I think Fridays would be better since it has potential to attract a different audience than RAW. But of course now that Smackdown is Raw-lite, it makes perfect sense.