offical wwe thread

Brandon St Randy

I was Daigo before that other one, ,
anyone get WWE Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain?

I got it yesterday, nice game, greatly enhanced grappling engine. CAW supports better facial morphing so you dont have any weird faced toothless wonders like in Shut Your Mouth. my only gripe is that there seems to be a few less male items in CAW (noticed less hair and shirts. Lots of female items added tho). and there is no more entrance announcer. Whats good, is that theres no play by play anymore..tired of JR and Lawler the whole damn match.

Graphics are definitly enhanced over last years game. I give it an 8.

Earthquake

SouthTown StreetSweeper
I picked up HCTP Tuesday and have been loving it ever since. Wrestling games are my most anticipated games each and every year so I pretty much knew that I would love it anyway. I have a few small complaints that I feel should have been addressed, but weren't.

1. 60% of the moves still haven't been reanimated and they stick out like a sore thumb because of this. Including moves from parts 1 and 2 that are still exactly the same. Even a few entrances were left untouched.

2. The season mode is practically identical to the one in SYM.

3. The move sets are still highly inaccurate with several wrestlers having grappling moves that should be finisher-only. On the plus side though, they are changeable and I've always loved going through and perfecting each wrestler's move set to my liking.

4. Wrestlers seem to get up faster after finishers than they did in SYM.

I know this is just nit-picking, but I was really expecting some major changes to be made since this is the fifth installment in the series. On the other hand though, I could also go on and on about the things I do like about HCTP. I give it an 8/10!

Last edited:

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
thanks for the heads up Charles:cool:. anyone catch smackdown?
how would you compare shut your mouth to here comes the pain? which one would you guys perfer?

dawn marie and torrie wilson:drool:, tazz turned into a chocolate treat, and lesner's team, himself, big show, nathen jones, and new blood matt morgan( at least that's what i think his name is) kurt angle with beniot and apa. i believe john cena is with lesner (i thought he had something against lesner? what the hell?)
what in the blue hell are they doing to ultimo dragon? well he and rey mysterio duked it out. with taijiri in the background. buried alive match in the survivor series undertaker vs vince. well my friends, i have said my peace for now. take it away guys:smirk:

simpsons99

n00b
yeah i watched it as allway's what would like to know.

Man Stone cold did alot of talking last night .:(

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
simpsons99 said:
yeah i watched it as allway's what would like to know.

Man Stone cold did alot of talking last night .:(

Pretty much, if you've been watching RAW the last 4 or 5 weeks, you get the idea how things went last night :make_fac:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
i know stone cold is a wife beating bitch and all but id hate for
him to be ousted from the wwe.
frankly its turning into a very boring show and he happens to
be one of the few highlights of it imo.
and the dudleys?
geez. he must have been drunk to pick those guys.

Q

qube

Master Giby said:
Did anything good happen on RAW last night?

Yes. There was a very nice video package shown on the origin of Stone Cold's gold chain. I am not now, nor have I ever been, a Stone Cold fan, but I was however a Brian Pillman fan. The package was Austin talking about how "Flyin" Brian gave him his gold chain before their first taped interview as The Hollywood Blondes, and how since Brian died he has never taken it off. A very real and heartfelt story amidst a slew of crappy Monday night "wrestling".

Don't forget to order TNA tomorrow everyone. Main event is Jeff Jarrett Vs. Sting!!!!

Q-

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
simpsons99 said:
no she was not on the show either was test

Actually, she was on the show, albeit briefly and being carried over the head of Scott Steiner, distracting the Dudley Boyz long enough for them to lose their match :p

orochi_lubu said:
anyone catch raw for this wk? need some input :make_fac:

Ok here we go, as far as a remember:

The show starts with RVD and Booker T vs. Jericho and Christian. It was a very good opening match with a lot of action from 4 super athletes. Jericho and Christian won. (Christian hold RVD legs while Jericho was covering him for the win).

Backstage, Stone Cold gets pissed and he walks out of the office. Coach gets Austin attention and telds he that he accepts Austin's offer, and that he will like to see Austins face when his team looses at Survivor Series. Austin told Coach that regardles of the match results he was going to beat the hell out of Coach.

Austin goes into Michaels locker room, and after exchanging words and beating around the bush Austin ask for Michaels to be the 5th man in his team for Survivor Series. Michaels said yes.

Molly was being interviewed by Terry about her title defense aginst Lita at Survivor Series. Molly said that everybody wants Lita to win because of her neck surgery and her one-year recovery, but this will never happen. And Molloy said that Terry should interview Lita about one thing that they have in common, being beat by Molly. Then Molly started to beat Terry all the way down to the ring, when Lita showed up. Molly tried to scape thru the safety wall toward the public, but lita caught her. But then Lita was hit on the head by a fan with a wrench. The fan turned out to be Gale Kim, and both Molly and Kim drag Lita to the ring and beat her up.

Cane and Jindrax (I know spelling) had a match against the Dudleys for the Tag Team Titles contendership. Cane and Jindrax won the match as they took advantage of the Dudleys being distracted by Steiner. You see Steiner picked Stacey up, and it looked like he was going to body slam her. But nothing happen as this was a distraction.

Batista vs Maven. Batista won.

Austin and Bischoff were in the middle of the ring ready to sign the contract for the 5-man team elimination match. Before signing the contract Bischoff showed Austin his 5th team member, and this man was no other but Randy Orton. Then after some exchange of words, both Bischoff and Austin signed the contract. Then Bischoff started talking crap again about Austin and his book. Austin only said that he wasn't the same Stone Cold, and to be the same Ass Whooping Stone Cold that he was he was willing to take the risk with this 5-man team match. Austin then made a public poll about if it was worth taking the risk, and every body said hell yeah. Then Austin asked the fans to show their middle finger about Bischoff (sorry I can not remenber what it was) and every body showed their middle fingers.

Backstage, Jericho was talking with Trish, and during the conversation he asked her if she was OK with her mixed tag match with John something (the new guy at RAW) against Richards and Victoria. Specially since Jericho thinks that that John is a bit wacko when he refers to Little Johnny. Trish said that she was OK with it and that John is a cool guy and she say his Little Johnny.

Austin was punked be Batista. Batista told Austin that he was a f***ing coward because he was afraid of Big Guys like Batista.

John and Trish vs Richards and Victoria. John and Trish own the match.

There was a prop when Kane was near and ambulance, and he talked about how he was going to destroy shane. And then Kane said that after the ambulance match, he was going to make sure that an ambulance will take shane away...

Coach interviews Austin about being punked by Batista, and Austin talk crap and said that he was going to be the special enforcer for the main event. And if someone intervenes up before, during, or after the match, Austin would take it as a physical provocation and woop some ass.

Later, Sargent Slaughter gives Kane a note from Shane. Kane reads it, smiles and then tells Slaughter that he accepts Shanes invitational for next week's RAW.

Main Event: Michaels vs. Mark Henry.
The match was somewhat OK, Teddy Long intervene in the match and he was expelled by Austin (no ass was wooped during that). Michaels wins the match by kicking Henry's face, knocking Henry out.

After the match Austin aske Michaels to leave the ring because he has to settle some unfinished business. Austin called Batista for some ass wooping. Batista does not dissapoint by showing up, they exchange some puches. Austin knocks Batista out of the ring. Mark Henry gets into the ring ready to attack Austin. Austin gives Henry a Stoner. Batista gets back in the ring and beats the hell out of Austin. In the mean time Goldberg gets into the arena and grabs a steel chair. Batista kicks Austin out of the rin when Goldberg's music hits. Golderg shows up with chai at hand while walking with alimp down the isle. Henry goes after Goldberg, but Goldberg hits Henry with the steel chair. Then Goldberg gets into the ring and spears Batista. Batista is down, and Goldberg grabs the Steel chair and places it between Batistas ankle. As soon as Goldberg is ready to break Batista's ankle, Rick Flair shows up and grabs Batista. While Batista and Flair are running away, Austin gets into the ring and throws Goldberg a beer can. Austin wants to drink beer with Goldberg, but he refuses. Austin asks why, and Goldberg said that he will only drink beer if and only if Goldberg has a match against Batista next Monday night, on RAW. Austin made the match official, and they started to drink beer.

***Sorry for any grammar or spelling errors as I wrote this on the fly, and I am not taking the time to proof read it.***

Charles

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
And that was RAW in a nutshell. Many thanks to Charles for the summary :)

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
:buttrock: much appreaciated guys, and thanks charles for the heads up. now smackdown is coming on tonight. and ill actually be able to see it.:cool: even thought both shows are mcmahan dramas:rolleyes: :make_fac:what ever happen to william regal? haven't seen him in awhile. i just assumed he retired. and where did John come from? or is he just new blood altogether? well the thread is yours guys:buttrock:

Super Porky

Camel Slug
Regal has been out due to an extreme illness. I think he caught some parasite in India. He lost a lot of weight and was in poor health. He's supposedly getting better and may return eventually.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I can't watch Smack Down tonight due to the Mavericks game.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Razial said:
I can't watch Smack Down tonight due to the Mavericks game.

I know how that goes. The Phoenix Suns will end up bumping WWE Smackdown several times this year. Usually ends up on Saturday nights. Total bummer :oh_no:

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I'm going to Survivor Series. Anyone in North Texas going?

Maury V.

Q

qube

Read this! A real nice article on the Hoss situation we are experiencing in the WWE right now:oh_no:

Nice mention of an incredible talent, Teddy Hart, near the end. Enjoy:)

Q-

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
qube said:
Read this! A real nice article on the Hoss situation we are experiencing in the WWE right now:oh_no:

Nice mention of an incredible talent, Teddy Hart, near the end. Enjoy:)

Q-

Thanks for posting the article. He's definitely right about the direction the WWE is heading...

B
A
C
K
W
A
R
D
S

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
decent matchup with cena and rey. i guess lesner's team is the ultimate mcmahan team eh qube;) heyman wanted cena to join and he refuse and was ambushed. i wish they would give ultimo dragon the props he deserves but at least they are putting him in some matches. he and noble against taijiri and company and...nonzio (sp), ( for the record wasn't he and noble supposed cousins?, insert another WTF) ron simmons aka farooq is out of angle's team. they had angle and beniot verse lesners team. bradshaw tried to get revenge for his fallen friend. eddy has a shot for the tag gold. thanks for the link qube. at first i thought it was charlie hoss you were talking about:p a-train is with lesner's team and im assuming that cena is going to team up with angle. personally their needs to be a real match with mysterio and ultimo, or team them up. but hey what do i know:make_fac: well i leave this thread, to you guys. wrestling, your thoughts, the new game, and all that other mess is the subject, of course. take it away crew:cool:

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
One more week...

We only got one more week till Survivor Series. RAW right now is the same old crap, the big men fighting while the little people lose, Shane-o-mac is at a diner wating for someone, Val Venus and Lance Storm hang out with some ladies, and Bischop's and Austin's team meet together again for their boring meetings, etc.

Q

qube

So, RAW is on right now, and there was just a tag match between The Dudley Boys (who I am loyal too b/c of the ECW years) and Mark Henry & Scott Steiner. Slow paced boring ass match, with a botched finish full of miscommunication. The crowd didn't care, and neither do the fans at home. Ok, now that I have established what I just saw, let me say this..

On Saturday night I saw Velocity, and the tag match on that show was Brian Kendrick (Spanky) & Paul London Vs. Kanyon and Shannon Moore. They put on the best match I saw last week, and that is including Cena Vs. Mysterio Jr. and Jarrett Vs. Sting. 4 really great talents who know how to work a match and sell offense as much as defense. All 4 of those guys wrestle their hearts out and give the fans more action than they can handle, and what do they get? Nothing! Relegated to wrestling on a Saturday night show that pulls .7 cable ratings:(

That is how fucked up the WWE is, 4 of the best wrestlers they have wrestling on Velocity, while they showcase a big powerful good for nothing olympic bust, a 44 year old over the hill former WCW champion, and a tag team that has been stale for quite some time on RAW. That is so fucking pathetic I just can't stand it anymore. Do yourselves a favor and tune into or tape Velocity on Saturday nights, you won't be dissapointed. The wrestling is 10 times better than you will see on RAW:angry:

Q-