offical wwe thread

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
offical wrestling thread

i enjoyed the last one and the fact that so many of you like it so i might as well run up a new one.

any thoughts on the pay-per-view? and raw is coming friends. i want to hear your incite

Last edited:

Earthquake

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Damn good topic orochi! :)

I missed the pay-per-view last night, but after reading the results, it doesn't sound like I actually missed that much. I would have loved to seen the Zach vs. Vince match though.

From what I've heard, it was a lot better than most people thought it would be. That kid can do some killer stuff with just one leg. RAW will hopefully be a good one tonight and capitalize on last week's awesome ending with Kane destroying everyone in sight. I just hope they keep building up his "monster" persona as much as possible.

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Earthquake ]</small>

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
personally i think the whole kane thing is dumb.
from hero to heel.
anyways. i watch every so often.
but i had a question.
what happened to hulk hogan?
i seen up to some of the mr America matches.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I still contend that the entire WWE as it is now SUCKS. With Vince splitting all the talent between 2 shows I'm getting screwed, and I can't be the only one. See, I only get Raw (my cable provider will not carry UPN because they refuse to upgrade their brodcast signal), and I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only one in the USA in this situation. So all I get are recycled WCW Nitro story lines that I've already seen. The only bright spot on Raw is HBK, the rest of it is ass. I used to get PPVs every month but why shoul I now? Why should I pay full price for a PPV that I'm only going to half-get??? Until Vince straightens his shit out he can go fuck himself.

Mike

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
I definitely enjoyed it last night. The bar room brawl was histerical. Who knew a one-legged wrestler could hold his own against the owner? Benoit and Guerro was a great match. The last one w/ Angle/Brock/Big Show was coll as hell IMO. It was a good night for wrestling. Hopefully, I can see SummerSlam.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
I definitely enjoyed it last night. The bar room brawl was histerical. Who knew a one-legged wrestler could hold his own against the owner? Benoit and Guerro was a great match. The last one w/ Angle/Brock/Big Show was coll as hell IMO. It was a good night for wrestling. Hopefully, I'll be able to see SummerSlam.

cLo

Marked Wolf
I caught Vengeance last night. The APA bar room brawl was great, and Zach Gowan can do some really impressive shit for a guy with one leg. The finish to the Angle/Brock/Big Show match was really cool too. I'm glad Big Show didn't win the title. He's the most boringest heel ever.

As far as Raw goes, I look forward to tonight. I think Kane is a better heel than face, but I'm not really liking his current gimmick. I can't wait and see how Goldberg and HHH turn out. Hopefully it will lead to a big title match at SummerSlam.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I heard a rumor that the Undertaker is coming to Raw soon.

John

Ghost of Captain Kidd
rarehero:
personally i think the whole kane thing is dumb.
from hero to heel.
anyways. i watch every so often.
but i had a question.
what happened to hulk hogan?
i seen up to some of the mr America matches.
I think "HE'S FAHHHHHRED!" now. A lot of the guys left--Raven, D'Lo, Crash, Jeff Hardy, Hogan, Bull Buchanan (yeah, he wasn't so great, but he was a bit of a guilty pleasure in the RTC). Luckily, I get to see a good number of indy programs on UHF at midnight some nights (used to be Monday-Friday... those were the days).

John

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Master Giby:
Why did Jeff Hardy leave?
From what I heard, he failed a couple of drug tests. He was apparently getting quite sloppy, as well. He might have done a couple of indy shows since then, but I'm not sure.

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Do you know where I can get info about his departure from the WWE?

John

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Master Giby:
Do you know where I can get info about his departure from the WWE?
There are several news sites that you can look up, including, but not limited to:

<a href="http://www.wwe.com" target="_blank">WWE.com</a>
<a href="http://www.411mania.com/wrestling" target="_blank">411 Wrestling</a>
<a href="http://www.onlineonslaught.com" target="_blank">Online Onslaught</a>
<a href="http://www.thesmartmarks.com" target="_blank">The Smart Marks--this one is run by the admin of another board I frequent, I believe</a>
<a href="http://fakerazor.proboards11.com" target="_blank">whacked Out wrestling (this one is just a message board, but there's a fairly decent amount of news here as well</a>

To name a few. wink

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I get the feeling that Raw will just show me further proof that=

Hurricane needs to go back to Smackdown

Triple Gay really does hog 30 minutes every show

And what was the point of getting Papa Pump just to have him fighting "two seconds away from staying on Sunday Night Heat" Test

But I do hope it's good, I know it'll be good if Kane either set's Lawler on fire or something to where I don't have to see or hear his punk ass for a while.

btw who didn't see Jamie Knoble winning that match coming?

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I really liked this Raw the first time I saw it in 1997 when it was called WCW Monday Nitro. oh_no

Mike

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I'm glad to see Shane O Mac back! I didn't see all of Raw but they may make some changes soon.

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
mixed likings of kane being the heel now. what about raw's tag champs. women's title passed on to molly holly and hurricane's s.h.i.t rosey, what's up with that? and (no offence to triple h fan's) but when will the title be pasted? and who is your fav diva? randy orton, legend killer?

as always your word counts wink

Earthquake

SouthTown StreetSweeper
HHH has said on many occasions that he flat-out will not "job" to Goldberg. This stems back to quite a while ago when WCW was still around. HHH was signing autographs, I think it was at some airport, and Goldberg apparently crossed paths with him and tried to pick a fight. HHH didn't know if he was just playing to the surrounding fans or not so he just shrugged him off.

Oddly enough, I could definitely see The Game dropping the title to Goldberg now since he is pretty much the biggest star on the RAW roster next to Austin. It's a shame though that he's only willing to drop it to another main event player instead of elevating legitimate talent like RVD and Booker T. oh_no

John

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Razial:
I'm glad to see Shane O Mac back! I didn't see all of Raw but they may make some changes soon.
I missed it (I was at work for most of it and I was feeling what I guess could have been anything from a 72-hr. bug to SARS), but Shane coming back is a good thing, imho. He's the only McMahon I particularly like--Vince just plays the asshole part to the hilt, Linda delivers her lines with all the impact and emotion of a Speak-and-Spell, and Stephanie is annoying as hell (though not so much as she was before).

Sythe

Ninja Combat Warrior
orochi_lubu:
mixed likings of kane being the heel now. what about raw's tag champs. women's title passed on to molly holly and hurricane's s.h.i.t rosey, what's up with that? and (no offence to triple h fan's) but when will the title be pasted? and who is your fav diva? randy orton, legend killer?

as always your word counts wink
While I may not like Kane's now being a heel, when you think about it you realize that as a face he was going no where fast, so I think this is for the better. I mean as a face what was he doing, stupid stories like the one with Katie Vick. And I was really impressed with the way they explained the lack of scars on his face, that is one of the few very creative things they (wwe) have done in a while.

La Resistance got the Belts way too fast, the same goes for Gail Kim. While I believe both La Resistance and Gail Kim both had champion in their future, to get it this early can lead to nothing good. I mean once you win the championship belt, what else is there??

The s.h.i.t. is kinda funny but Hurricane is a waste of time on RAW and Rosey is just a waste of time all together. Personally I think Rosey should move to smackdown and team with Rikishi, give them both something better to do then waste air time.

There is no way in hell that HHH will drop the belt to Goldberg. I personally do not think he will drop it till royal rumble or later so that way he can cement himself as holding the World Championship belt for the longest streak (I think Nash has the longest with a 1 year streak). Who he will drop it to is a different question, Oddly enough I can see it being either Jericho or Orton (I know orton just in new, but look at how they push the other stars on RAW).

Stacy Keibler is my fav deva, she is as sweet as the cookie that bears her name.

Randy Orton, future WWE Heavyweight Champion.

Of course this is just my opinion, I could be wrong...

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
I still say Kane should have kept they mask but that could be just me, I say give the tag belts to the Dudleys already, I mean what else is there for them to do on RAW?

And where the hell is Jamal? I loved 3 minute warning and I'm cool with Rosey being S.H.I.T. but if this is all he's doing then this further shows he needs to be back on Smackdown, they have the U.S. and Cruiserweight titles he has two choices.

I agree that it was way too soon for Gail to get the women's title but since all the women on RAW have had it at least twice already....there's not much else they can do unless the either get more women or do something with the girls at Smackdown.

Do I even have to say how much I wish Triple Gay would just up and die now, hasn't he already beaten Bob Backland's streak?

Fav Diva = Tie between Trish and Lita

Randy Orton = Shit who got the spotlight way to damn soon

<small>[ July 29, 2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Yung Burnout ]</small>

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
djdelly:
Jamal got fired. He had some problems with the law.
Great, get in trouble with the law and here's a pink slip

hold back good talent and make us loose ratings and fans and you get the heavyweight title