offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have no problem with firing Hogan for being a racist asshole.

Pretty hypocritcal to scrub him from the Hall of Fame page, though.

Jimmy Snuka beat his girlfriend to death with his bare hands and Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist and both of them are still in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Abdullah the Butcher knowingly infected other wrestlers with his Hep C

Ultimate Warrior went on multiple homophobic rants

Verne Gagne killed a man in 2009

All still in the Hall of Fame.

So yeah, there's no excuse for a racist rant like Hogan's. But WWE is only taking action because it's a hot button issue right now, and not because they actually care about people being decent human beings.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Much different context, obviously, but...

That's the only reason Vince got away with it, context. Plus he said nigga and not nigger which is always insulting. I prefer to avoid using the n-word be it ger or ga.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Oh, that's absolutely what's going to happen.

Tyler Black's title reign has been just like Punk's:
-booked like a chickenshit heel
-very few clean wins
-John Cena buried both Black and Punk verbally
-Other people are main eventing while they have the title (Lesnar/Taker is the main event now; Cena main evented half a dozen PPVs while Punk defended his title on the undercard)

You forgot the part at the end where Vince Can't figure out why Cena is being booed and the Heel is being cheered.

Hey! Let's have Reigns win the Royal Rumble in Philly!
Lets! Have Cena go Over Rollins in Brooklyn!
Why are people booing?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This was playing on the radio on my drive home last night

College Radio > ALL

famicommander

15 Year Member
Roddy Strong and Jay Lethal TORE IT UP at Death Before Dishonor XIII. Worth the price of the PPV all by itself.

Dalton Castle is a star in the making too. He's so entertaining.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
LTTP but the whole Hogan thing is pretty crazy.

Guess we'll never get that Austin-Hogan podcast anytime soon now.

I feel old. Savage, Perfect, Warrior... my childhood icons... all dead. And now the biggest one of them all, Hogan, is a fucking racist. Jessica Christmas. I know these guys aren't perfect but would you please keep your mouth shut and not ruin my childhood?

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Just curious, have any of Hogan's racist comments come out of anything other than the sex tape? I really want to know.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Sasha Banks and Charlotte looked great again (especially Sasha). Becky Lynch looked good, too, but seriously, lose the goggles.

Notice how the length of Nikki's title reign has become more of a talking point lately? I would guess that the plan is to have her break AJ's "record" (subtle, but the point is made), and then have Charlotte take it off her and feud with Sasha. Paige is already pretty clearly the only Diva who can hold a candle to either. Keep booking them well and Sasha and/or Charlotte could be megastars (Sasha seems like the better bet to me, at this point).

Looking forward to TE tonight- I'm assuming the new judge will be "replacing" Hulk Hogan without any additional rhyme or reason.

edit: also quite enjoyed Titus on commentary again and the New Day stuff was great- Kofi looked like he was loving the material, and Big E was hilarious, too. Lucha Dragons vs. New Day vs. PTPers for the tag titles at Summer Slam, maybe? Titus is going to be a big star pretty soon here. How in the heck has he been underused for so long?

Last edited:

jon713

Camel Slug
Sasha Banks and Charlotte looked great again (especially Sasha). Becky Lynch looked good, too, but seriously, lose the goggles.

Notice how the length of Nikki's title reign has become more of a talking point lately? I would guess that the plan is to have her break AJ's "record" (subtle, but the point is made), and then have Charlotte take it off her and feud with Sasha. Paige is already pretty clearly the only Diva who can hold a candle to either. Keep booking them well and Sasha and/or Charlotte could be megastars (Sasha seems like the better bet to me, at this point).

Looking forward to TE tonight- I'm assuming the new judge will be "replacing" Hulk Hogan without any additional rhyme or reason.

edit: also quite enjoyed Titus on commentary again and the New Day stuff was great- Kofi looked like he was loving the material, and Big E was hilarious, too. Lucha Dragons vs. New Day vs. PTPers for the tag titles at Summer Slam, maybe? Titus is going to be a big star pretty soon here. How in the heck has he been underused for so long?

Decent raw yesterday, who really cares about hogan now he brings nothing to the table other than "BROTHER". The NXT ladies are looking good and you can really see the difference in skill next to the boring bella's. Vince is a spiteful mofo so I'm sure this bella reign is just for AJ. Sasha shined the most IMO and thats a good thing.

Rusev is getting funny, nice bit with hot ass lana. The last match with seth and cena was good, seth carried the match as like everyone who wrestles cena does. But no one will see that just because of that broken nose that botch master took. Seth looked weak again by tapping..SMH. Overrated trash wrestler yea the hate is real, cena will suck forever.... :)

A 4 hour summerslam wow, hopefully its booked right.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Roddy Strong has reassigned with ROH. Thank god he won't end up in NXT. Fuck that noise.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh man, I actually miss the time when NXT matches with Tyson Kid and Neville where hot, tremendous matches. Cesaro vs Sammy was also pretty good. Some people just hate on for the sake of being douches.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
So with Cena breaking his nose, he'll be taking a helluva lot of face shots for the next month or so.:keke:

Bet he wishes he could have some time off. He had to go and defend the title every RAW. Dumbass.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Oh man, I actually miss the time when NXT matches with Tyson Kid and Neville where hot, tremendous matches. Cesaro vs Sammy was also pretty good. Some people just hate on for the sake of being douches.

I would rather watch those guys in the indies. There they won't be saddled with awful ring names, stupid gimmicks, tv-pg promos, and neutered move sets.

NXT is WWE's attempt to win back fans they drove into the arms of ROH and PWG and I hope it fails. Guys like Samoa Joe and El Generico do not belong in a developmental promotion while scrubs like Ryback hold titles on the main roster. It's a fucking disgrace.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Samoa Joe is so overrated, I have to see his matches outside of WWE 'cause so far I haven't seen anything memorable from his performances in NXT, other wrestlers have managed to make a good show regardless of NXT/WWE rules or regulations.

So with Cena breaking his nose, he'll be taking a helluva lot of face shots for the next month or so.:keke:

Bet he wishes he could have some time off. He had to go and defend the title every RAW. Dumbass.
Serves him right for all the years of shit we had to put up with, I hope he catches gangrene and has to retire. Defend the title in every raw...hardly, just noise making more than anything else.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Samoa Joe in ROH and TNA (before he was kidnapped by ninjas) was incredible.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Not going to spoil too much but at the Impact tapings today they announced Lethal Lockdown. It will be Team Jarrett (Global Force guys) against Team Carter (TNA) and the loser gives up their shares in the company.

It sounds like Jeff may be buying TNA and merging it with Global Force, unless this is just a really convoluted story.

I hope that's how it turns out. I don't want Vince to get the TNA video library for his stupid network, and TNA was way better when Jarrett was in charge of wrestling operations.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Because WWE is poison for the industry at large. They are the shittiest wrestling promotion on TV and I want them to do poorly financially so they finally improve their product.

WWE is just as bad as TNA, except TNA's awfulness has comical value. WWE is just sad and frustrating.