offical wwe thread

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Rumble sucked big time though surprisingly the WWE Title match came out as top dog easily.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
They should have never put Bryan in this match if he wasn't going to win. That completely killed Reigns as the crowd was pissed and not going to have any of it for the rest of the night. Then to take out Ambrose and just make a joke out of Ziggler was even worse. What in the world is going on in Vince's head? How could he have not seen it coming? Triple H is smart enough to have known what was going to happen but crazy ass Vince wouldn't listen. I feel really bad for Reigns as it wasn't his fault Vince fucked up the booking of this match so bad. Damn it makes me speechless just how out of touch that guy is.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Holy shit to all three guys in the Triple Threat. The Philly crowd is awesome and Brock is just a fucking monster. Amazing amazing match and early MOTY candidate.

Yeah, that match was fantastic, and then the Rumble (and the rest of the show, really) were awful. It was hilarious how Reigns got destroyed by the crowd- cheers for Rock hitting Show, then boos for Reigns immediately after. Also loved the short-lived chant for Rusev.

Fuck this company, though, overall. If they don't pull the same audible as last year, the WM main is going to be terrible and utterly predictable. My guess is either Ziggler gets added or Reigns goes over super vanilla and then immediately loses to Rollins cash-in. I'd say that's by far the likeliest scenario right now, but fuck, it'll be like Goldberg/Lesnar if no one's added.

Would be entertaining seeing Rollins get a face pop, though, for cashing in.

Shitty show, overall. Godawful sense of what fans want or care about. I'm really debating if it's even worth paying for the network anymore when I can rest assured knowing that the wrong guys are going to continue getting pushed at everyone else's expense.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Maybe Triple H can help Vince die in his sleep tonight for what he did, the guy is old so it'll never seem like a crime. Trips knows how to get things back on track and it sure is needed after we saw what just happened. Bryan really should not have been in the match tonight as nobody had a chance the second he got tossed out.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
They did it in Philly...PHILLY. The three most hardcore wrestling cities for my money, New York, Philadelphia and Chicago. REAL fans, not the "Universe". Any other city that would have had an insane pop when Rock came in for the save and they wouldn't have booed both of them at the end. It was like was a human shield to absorb the boos but my god. At least last year they only started booing when they found out number 30 wasn't D-Bry but this was more then half of the main event. The whole atmosphere in the arena did a 180 after Bryan got eliminated. JBL, Cole and King had to keep up the act saying how this was his moment and other bullshit like that when the fans where having NOTHING of it. My god, Vice is so out of touch with what the fans want.

They blew such an amazing WHC match with Brock coming off like a monster and coming out of nowhere to beat them both. Now it looks like Rusev is going to be fed to Cena after seeing the after show on the network. The pop for Bubba was AMAZING. Wish D-Von was the next entree and they didn't just do both skits with R-Truth. I REALLY hope they don't put Bubba and Truth together if they can't get D-Von to come back.

EDIT. Where the hell was the NXT entree and where the hell was Randy Orton? They had him plastered on all the advertisements. Once again, this just shows out of touch Vinny Mac is. Time to pack it up old friend and hand things off to the next generation and take your shitty writing staff with you. I really hope to god they have a hot crowd in LA for Mania.

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Mania is in Santa Clara this year, far closer to San Fran then LA

Also this Rumble ssssssssuuuuuucccckkkkkeeeedddddd

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Nothing like another craptacular PPV to get the old post counts up here in the wrestling thread. This is my last month with the WWE Network and wish I went out with something a wee bit better than tonight's offering. Oh well...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'd only keep it for the next NXT Takeover and going back and watching Rumbles that didn't suck. As a kid Rumble was always my favorite but the last two..my god what the hell.

I also think there's A LOT more hate for Roman after the whole C.M Punk on Colt's show. After the whole "You gotta make Roman look really, really strong!" and finding out how they want to groom him by getting him acting lessons have made the hardcore just turn on the guy even faster. He went from being the strong, silent type in The Shield that got tons of cheers whenever he'd pull off a big move and now it's like everybody just turned on the guy.

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Yeah I'm keeping mine for NXT, ECW and past specials

I'm watching the Pillman doc to get the Rumble stench off

Andy Is A Bastard

A Bastard, Andy Is,
Cancelled my sub after tonight. I really only had it for archive stuff and NXT, but I just can't do it anymore. I'm too much of a Smark to just sit back and enjoy the tidbits of greatness sandwiched between everything else. I haven't watched the TV shows in years, and now even the PPVs are losing me.

Why can't I just throw money directly at NXT? I guess I might flip that $9.99 a month into some merch...or, you know, just save it.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Shitty show, overall. Godawful sense of what fans want or care about. I'm really debating if it's even worth paying for the network anymore when I can rest assured knowing that the wrong guys are going to continue getting pushed at everyone else's expense.

You're not the only one cause #cancelwwesubscription is treading worldwide right now! Their cancel network site crashed after tonight! Oh man, it's glorious!

Also, if you guys want to watch NXT, get Hulu. It's on there. You'll still send WWE a message that a polished turd is still a turd.

Last edited:

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
If not for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match that would've been the worst PPV I have ever watched, on par with December to Dismember '06. Brock Lesnar is worth every dime they pay him, Rollins and Cena were awesome as well.

I think everyone knew this was coming once Lesnar pinned Undertaker. The reason for the backlash is Reigns went from, "eh, I could see it" to a bumbling idiot in the preceding 9 months.

The guy has seriously regressed over that time and hasn't shown any signs of getting better, only more exposed... It's his fault. Don't blame it on VKM writing his promos or creative putting him in bad spots. Daniel Bryan was put in much worse spots and shined right through. The road to Wrestlemania will be a train wreck and not the kind that's fun to watch.

This is about Vince... In my opinion Vince is being fueled by his stubborn ego and the fact that NXT is getting over without him. He wants to prove to all us heathens, AKA the fans that actually pay money for his network that he knows better. He wants to prove to HHH that it's still his company and he can still make a star. He wants to prove that he can turn a passionless football washout into the next Rock/ Austin/ Cena.

I say fuck Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I marked hard for DDP only because I knew we'd get to see some first class Diamond Cutters. He is still the best at ever at that move, even though it's been forever since he wrestled in a meaningful mach to my knowledge. I knew he'd get eliminated pretty quick, but I was still happy to see it just for nostalgia's sake.

I also was really happy to see Bubba Ray Dudley in it. Did he sign with WWE or was this just a one night thing?

Listening to the fans chant CM Punk when Ryback was in there was priceless.

Overall, the PPV stunk. The title match was off the charts, but the Rumble itself was nothing but missed opportunities.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
hell yeah, it was awesome seeing bubba dudley! brock is a fucking cyborg after that performance with seth and cena. awesome win by roman

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
That's a fantastic point Norton. It makes sense that they would set Lesnar for a face turn after the way they had Cena show respect to Lesnar in the aftershow, had him rebound from the heel bump, and how over he will be with the crowd after last nights match.

I doubt they'll do that though, cause VKM doesn't do anything that makes sense.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I think Lesnar as a face would go over huge. That was a really hot crowd for Lesnar on the go home Raw last Monday. I think Paul would even be well received as a face manager (strange, that.) The crowd is into his schtick.

Only thing that concerns me is that they only have Brock to 'mania as far as I know. Which would mean that if he faces Reigns at that point, he loses to him. And even though wrestling's a work, I just don't buy Reigns going over Lesnar. They haven't done anything to make me believe it. In fact, I'd sooner buy Cena going over Brock.

Reigns-Lesnar at 'mania could turn out like another Goldberg-Lesnar.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It does write itself.
Heymen turns on Lesnar and teases cash in which is thwarted by a surprise suplex outside the ring.

Disses the fans. Acts entitled to the WM Main event not because he won the rumble, but because he deserves it. Plays up Lineage.

Ends up spearing the Rock.

Of course this will never happen.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
You're not the only one cause #cancelwwesubscription is treading worldwide right now! Their cancel network site crashed after tonight! Oh man, it's glorious!

Also, if you guys want to watch NXT, get Hulu. It's on there. You'll still send WWE a message that a polished turd is still a turd.
Yeah, I saw this just now, lol.

Also, mainstream coverage of how bad the booking was is pretty substantial.

Loved how Rock tried to give Reigns the rub and the crowd wasn't having it.

Good point made on Torch today- Bryan could point out that he never actually lost the title in the ring. I bet he gets added after all, that would give them an in. I know they don't want to, but I don't see how they go forward with the Reigns/Lesnar main after all this. As much as I like the idea of turning Reigns (like with Batista last year), I would be shocked if it happened. My thinking is that WWE is petrified to turn either of the two guys who are supposed to be the face of the company. Though it could work with Reigns to lead to another face turn.

Actually, that doesn't seem all that unlikely, thinking of it, since Brock has almost turned face. It's obviously not Reigns' time yet (or shouldn't be), so why not take a little longer to build him better?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Eventually, the shareholders will realize the creative end is also hurting the bottom line and demand a change.

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Some thoughts:

Overall the show was a meh. Knowing how the Philly crowd would be if things didn't go as they wanted was the highlight of the evening for me. You could just hear the shit being dropped on Reigns when it became apparent he was going to win after D-Bry's elimination. The opener was ok, but the pre-show between Cesaro/Kidd and New Day was slightly better. I haven't been a fan of The Ascention since NXT, and they don't seem to be improving and/or adapting to the main roster well at all. You know things are bad when the New Age Outlaws have to carry you. ;)

The other two undercard matches were just filler, shit you could have seen on Raw for free. No major advancements in either storyline, although I guess, you can have Nattie feud with Paige now... :thevt:

The title match came off better than I expected, and it was entirely due to the last minute addition of Rollins into the mix. Man, he has stepped up his game something fierce in the last couple of months. Out of all the members of The Shield, if you had asked me back in 2013 who would be the breakout star of the group, I would have never picked Rollins as my first choice. I'm really glad to say I was wrong in that regard. I see nothing but good things for that guy if he stays relatively healthy these next few years. Brock was a monster as always, and Cena's superman bullshit didn't work with the Philly crowd one bit. I was really happy with that match.

Someone said earlier in the thread about not being the only one who wanted Sting to show... I'm kinda glad he didn't You don't want to risk over exposing him and his mystique at this point, especially building up to Mania. I'm thinking he might be at Raw tonight, though, if not in a couple of weeks to build up the match with Hunter.

The Rumble... Bubba appearing was cool, although I was hoping that D-Von would be number 4. Bubba teaming with Truth made it seem that you could take any black wrestler and throw him into that spot... it seemed odd. The interaction between Bray and the Boogieman was hilarious, although I'm hoping it was just a one and done deal... no need to drag it out. DDP was a nice surprise, although I kept thinking about his neck in the back of my mind. This guy was afraid of taking bumps 10 years ago, and even though im sure his yoga program has helped him rehab somewhat, it just takes that one bad bump to end it... Even more surprising was no Orton to counter the Diamond Cutter with the RKO. It just seemed like a natural interaction. The mini reunion of the Wyatts was cool, as was Bray's dominance early on. It really sucked to see him just thrown out by ShowKane with little fanfare. Although at this time the crowd was shitting all over the match so I doubt it would have made a difference (also with Bray being the one who eliminated Byran, they may have just wanted to get him out of there asap). Reigns winning was no surprise, as that's the person they've been backing for months to headline WM, but as everyone has said - IT WAS THE WRONG FUCKING CHOICE. Dude can't talk, dude can't really wrestle, dude can't really do much more than midcard work. Ambrose and Rollins are leagues better than Reigns in both respects, so I'm not sure what WWE is thinking here. Plus, we have the Usos - enough with the Anoa'i bloodline being shoved down our throats. Even The Great One couldn't save this match, which really says something.

All in all, like I said, a meh for me. The title match was cool, and the Rumble was fun to watch being torn down and destroyed, but beyond that, it was probably the weakest rumble in years. It probably doesn't help that I watched the Rumble 1992 last week to prep for last night.