offical wwe thread

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
There's no way they give that title to Generico. They should, but they're not going to.

famicommander

15 Year Member
oh my fucking god you guys

wotwuk-news.png

August 17th – RevPro Summer Sizzler 2017 @ York Hall - London , England
August 18th – WOTW UK Night 1 @ York Hall – London , England
August 19th – WOTW UK Night 2 @ Liverpool Olympia – Liverpool, England
August 20th – WOTW UK Night 3 @ Edinburgh Corn Exchange – Edinburgh , Scotland

ROH, NJPW, CMLL, and RevPro just announced a four night joint tour of the UK

These shows are gonna be ridiculous

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
At least we have a front-running Contender for Pro Wrestling Observer's award for Worst promotional tactic of 2017.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
At least we have a front-running Contender for Pro Wrestling Observer's award for Worst promotional tactic of 2017.
Put the top title on a jobber in order to try to get more business in a country he's not really even from? Yeah. It is pretty bad.

It's unbelievably cynical in both how stupid it treats the Indian market (uh hey this talentless Canadian who's like half Indian is gonna be the champ spend more money dammit!) as well as the U.S./Canada/Europe etc (we know you're dumb enough to keep spending money on our garbage even if we don't even try to pretend it's not terrible!).

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Probably too much to hope for Goldust to get another title run of any kind at this point but man, this dude has turned back the clock like nobody else I've ever seen. He's been in enhancement hell forever but I KNOW the guy can still go and his character was one of the most important in WWE history in my opinion. I think that his theatrics would be a perfect answer to a lot of what's wrong with WWE if they'd just push him to the moon one last time. It's amazing how good he still is, both in the ring and on the stick.

famicommander

15 Year Member
This week's Women of Honor Wednesday:

This week's Throwback Thursday:

This week's Future of Honor Friday:

Also, ROH just got a TV deal in India. That makes four countries with ROH on TV now (US, Canada, India, Portugal)

famicommander

15 Year Member
Lucha motherfucking Underground returns tomorrow

Johnny Mundo vs The Mack in an Iron Man Match

Imma watch the shit out of it

famicommander

15 Year Member
This week's Women of Honor Wednesday:

This week's Throwback Thursday:

This week's Future of Honor Friday:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
My recent switch to DISH now allows me access to Lucha Underground and NJPW programs. SWEEEEET! :)

famicommander

15 Year Member
My recent switch to DISH now allows me access to Lucha Underground and NJPW programs. SWEEEEET! :)

Nice!

Unfortunately NJPW on AXS is months behind but it's still a great show, with good commentary.

And Lucha Underground is the best hour of wrestling television anywhere.

Meanwhile, after being granted a new lease on life Impact is wasting it by booking Jeremy Borash and former Panthers/Steelers RB DeAngelo Williams in separate matches at Slammiversary.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I love those LU crowds; hottest crowds in wrestling that add to the action in a huge way.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm glad Netflix has the first two seasons as I always missed episodes during marathons.

I do miss the dish. :)

famicommander

15 Year Member
By the way, everybody should really watch this week's Throwback Thursday above. Danielson/Morishima is legitimately one of the greatest matches of all time, and part of what helped establish Danielson as the legend he would become.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Morishima reminds me of Terry Gordy.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Sorry for not being around most of the weekend and especially last night's WWE Extreme Rules PPV results (family emergency). I'll try and post the complete results later tonight or tomorrow. Most of you already know who won and such but I like to leave the results for prosperity. Thank you and again sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused.

famicommander

15 Year Member
James Storm will be inducted into the Impact Wrestling Hall of Fame during Slammiversary weekend. He joins Jeff Jarrett, Sting, Kurt Angle, the Dudleys, Earl Hebner, and Gail Kim.

Storm's TNA/Impact resume:
1X TNA World Heavyweight Champion
7X NWA-TNA World Tag Team Champion
7X TNA World Tag Team Champion
1X TNA King of the Mountain (aka Television/Global/Legends) Champion
2X TNA World Beer Drinking Champion (self created, unsanctioned title)

Other tournaments and accomplishments:
Worked TNA's first ever show in 2002
2002 Gauntlet for the Gold
2003 TNA Anarchy Alliance Tag Team Tournament
2003 TNA Tag Team of the Year
2004 TNA Tag Team of the Year
2004 TNA Match of the Year
2009 Team 3D Tag Team Invitational Tournament
2010 TNA Tag Team Championship Series
2013 Joker's Wild
2013 TNA World Cup
2016 Feast or Fired World Tag Team Championship contract

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Nice!

Unfortunately NJPW on AXS is months behind but it's still a great show, with good commentary.

And Lucha Underground is the best hour of wrestling television anywhere.

Meanwhile, after being granted a new lease on life Impact is wasting it by booking Jeremy Borash and former Panthers/Steelers RB DeAngelo Williams in separate matches at Slammiversary.

It's not TNA unless they're pissing away a opportunity

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
At least we have a runner up Contender for Pro Wrestling Observer's award for Worst promotional tactic of 2017

As well as:
Worst Major Wrestling Show
Worst Match of the Year

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
In this week’s Sports Business Journal story on “the greying of sports,” John Lombardo and David Broughton analyzed 25 years of Nielsen data. They found that the median age TV viewer has gotten older for every sport except women’s tennis. And no sport (or pseudo-sport) has seen its TV viewers get older than WWE. Since 2000, the median age of wrestling viewers has gone up 26 years.

In 2000, the median age of a pro wrestling viewer was 28. Now it’s 54, per the SBJ. The age of the wrestling audience nearly doubled in 17 years!

wrestling journalist Dave Meltzer said the average age of WWE fans between 1997 and 2001 was 23. The average age is now in the 40s, Meltzer tweeted today.

Maybe, just maybe, they should stop producing a children's show that is almost exclusively watched by an ever dwindling number of 45 year old dudes and then wondering why they continue to set new low ratings records

famicommander

15 Year Member
ROH weeklies

Women of Honor Wednesday:

Throwback Thursday:

Future of Honor Friday:

Bonus match, Nakamura vs Steen (Kevin Owens) from WOTW 2014:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Just finished watching Road to Dominion...I can't wait for Sunday!