offical wwe thread

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I pretty much agree with jro. Wyatt/Ambrose came off like an advertisement for next month's TLC. Both of the Diva's matches sucked (So long AJ! I'll miss your tight little short-shorts!) Nobody gave a damn about the bunny match other then seeing it was Sami in the costume working his ass off to try to make it work. Sandow taking the victory was awesome. I loved how the crowd kept chanting his name during the Diva's SS match.

They could have done somethings better with the main event. All the talk about Ryback being the most valuable free agent and he's the second one eliminated. Show turns heel every few months so what's new? I did like that Rusuv lost via a count out so he still got his "MONSTER HEEL" cred since he hasn't been pinned yet. But to be honest, even though it was leaked online that Sting was going to be there I still marked the hell out when he came out. It's so great to see him in a WWE ring. I remember during the whole invasion story line and was so pissed that Sting was never involved when he was WCW. Also they really put over Ziggs. Great seeing him come from behind beating all three of them, but Johnny C still had to come out at the end...

As far as who would take over I'd love to see Shane O'Mac back but as jro said I doubt he'd come back since he's busy with other stuff. I liked how Bad News Barret had the speech in the beginning. Maybe they'll make him GM while he's still in the middle of recovering from his injury. Mick Foley would always be welcome back in my book. I loved it when his office was always in a weird place every week and people would "step into his office" and just look confused while they argued for a match.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The Big Show 'I'm just protecting my spot and my family' angle is tired as shit. I hated the heel turn. Absolutely hated it. This guy is the most misused talent I've ever seen in WWF/E.

I liked the Divas SS match. Lots of good high spots and innovative finishers. There was no storyline here that I cared about, but overall I liked the match.

I thought the Bella-AJ match was really stupid too. So all it takes is for AJ to turn on Brie and she suddenly has Stockholm Syndrome? Terrible.

Ziggler is phenomenal and so is Rollins. I thought the main event was really gripping and exciting. It told a pretty good story and I was very happy with the resolution. That Luke Harper clothesline on Rowan was sick as fucking hell.

I'm totally down for seeing some Sting stuff in a WWE ring, even if it IS ten years too late and there aren't many dream matches to be had. But hey, it's Sting in WWE. I am stoked.

Ambrose-Wyatt was very meh because of the finish.

EDIT: WWE is criminally wasting Adam Rose.

EDIT: The 8 man tag team match was the best of the night. Dustin Runnels has turned the clock back like no one's business.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I see how you're doing me, wait until the pay per views over to prove I'm wrong and then shoot down my theory!

Way to go out on a limb there guys!

Fuckers...

:lolz::lolz::lolz:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
If I hadn't had Far Cry 4 playing on another screen this ppv would have put me to sleep

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Oof.

That was a brutal episode of RAW.

So many opportunities to capitalize on the good things they did last night and they blew it big time.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Oof.

That was a brutal episode of RAW.

So many opportunities to capitalize on the good things they did last night and they blew it big time.

Yes, yes it was. The opening promo was really promising- D-Bry was fantastic, forgot how good he is on the mic as well as in the ring. Then it was all downhill from there.

I was cracking up at Rollins repeated calling him by his real first name in that segment.

Other things:
-Fuck Larry the Cable guy. I thought Santino was off the roster; for a while Adam Rose was supposedly getting the "shitty comedy lower card going nowhere" slot that he had. I guess he still can, but damn, that was terrible. And whoever posted that Rose is being wasted is right. Dude is good, and he wears eye makeup and is less over than the bunny.
-My bad, Brie is going to turn on Nikki. Too obvious.
-LESBIAN-es. That was kind of funny. C'mon, that was too good for the real writers, AJ or Punk wrote that. Wait, no it wasn't. Still a little better than usual.
-That 5-Knuckle Shuffle had more daylight on it than anything I've seen since... LAST NIGHT, when Emma's mistimed bulldog was just as bad.
-No one, not even the mark-est of marks, is going to give a fuck about Show. That was going to be a losing battle, that promo tonight, and that wasn't even a decent try (the writing, I mean. Show tried).
-Erick Rowan is getting over.
-WWE is doing it's best to fuck up Dean Ambrose. How do you fuck up Dean Ambrose?!?!
-Noble looked solid in the ring. Rollins sold that shit like a champ- "This is why I wanted you for my team!"
-Hornswoggle is back in charge! YES! When that chimed at the end, I went fuck you guys. Way to fuck up something halfway decent. Seriously, that was about the worst possible choice. Take a booking idea that basically booked creative into a corner 3 years ago, and do it again... good plan. Better be Torito. Or Lana. Or Samoa Joe. Or the Briscoe Brothers or the Great Muta or Chuck Liddell or Kazushi Sakuraba or Dr. Phil. Or someone else who makes absolutely zero goddamn sense, though I fear it's going to be Kurt Angle.

Eh, bad show. I'm not optimistic heading to WM. Reigns is going to win the Rumble and beat Lesnar, and all will be as foretold, and everyone will be bored.

edit: and wait- what the hell- why didn't Rusev have to defend his title since he refused to say the Pledge? Terrible illogical writing, again. Lana saved the segment, she was great, but fuck, just lazy, bad creative, again.

This company continues to be bad, bad, bad. I like how they're positioning multiple guys to get Reigns' top spot if his health doesn't get back up where they want it to be, but man, assuming it does, it's going to be really boring, and shitty, to have another Cena shoved down our throats for the foreseeable future and more of this garbage when there are 5 or 6 guys that are so much more deserving and lazy crap like this is what the company thinks they can throw out there to make money on.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I was the guy that said they are wasting Rose. Did he do something bad to get this treatment?

The guy's a great in ring talent, had a great gimmick with the party thing that was new and fresh and has a really creative finisher with the Party Foul. I even like the overglammed image. What the fuck is wrong with WWE.

Show is done. There is absolutely nothing he can ever do to get any real heat. Not even go on a Goldberg-like tear. It's over. Too many turns, too many times they've fallen back on the hard-luck gimmick, too many times he's come out and shown emotional weakness. Time to put him on the shelf. A feud with Eric Rowan will only hurt Rowan, who will otherwise get over.

AJ's match with Brie was fucking terrible. Just godawful.

The Wyatt feud is killing Ambrose. Just killing him. And I don't really understand why. This should be golden. I'll give him and Harper credit, though. Their match had some inventive spots.

Booking a match where Ziggler and Cena were partners was a BAD idea. Ziggler won the SS match mostly on his own fortitude. Now was the time to show he could go it alone, not put him in a tag match with Cena. I'm not saying they needed to feed him Rollins or anything like that. But this is, in my opinion, Ziggler's time. Let him shine on his own.

A few paltry mentions of Sting after the pretty cool appearance at the end of SS isn't going to cut it. I understand that WWE can't suddenly start shoving him down the audience's throats every episode, but they had a chance to capitalize on that and they blew it big time. Just saying his name a few times isn't enough. How about a segment where, rather than being ushered out of the arena, they have Trips looking for him backstage. You know, a sort of 'I know what you did back in WCW and you're not going to do it here!' sort of thing.

I think my guinea pigs could have booked a better follow up to SS than what they did last night.

EDIT: Lana is fucking amazing. She sold that segment like nobody's business. As far as wrestling and acting out angles goes, she was sensational. I think I love her.

And jro, I agree. Why didn't Rusev have to defend?

And what was up with Ryback dropping Henry with a meathook? Is Henry hurt and can't take that backdrop or something?

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I do think Henry is hurt- that has to be why he's gone so short two shows in a row. No way he could be fully healthy and get buried like that two matches in two nights.

The Sting thing is a tough spot- they want to sell him, but he also should still be a special attraction who isn't over-exposed. I would agree that it was a bit too underplayed, though- should have had some stills of him showing up, hitting the death drop, make it seem like missing the show meant missing something big, make people eager to see him again.

One thing I noticed again that I forgot- Cole seems to be intentionally mis-calling Dirty Deeds now. He calls the double-arm DDT on the chair Dirty Deeds, instead of the front-face driver (whatever it was, you know, the One-Percenter). When he did it on Survivor Series I thought it was a mistake, especially when Lawler called it a DDT on a replay, but then he called it the same way last night, so he's clearly been instructed to call it that way now. Weird- I can't remember anyone's finisher retaining the same name but changing to a different move before.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I don't see them going back to hornswaggle as the Raw GM again. People fucking hated that angle, but WWE just seems to want to piss off the audience lately.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I was the guy that said they are wasting Rose. Did he do something bad to get this treatment?

His gimmick just didn't translate from NXT to Raw/Smackdown. Part of it was the difference in audiences. But part of it is that that it was forced on the fans. It just wasn't organic enough. Much like the Emma roll out.

They shouldn't be encouraging crowd participation like singing along or doing the emma dance. They should bring them out as talk about how stupid the emma dance is let the gimmicks grow on the audience.

Look at the YES chant. It was organic and natural.

I think that they should bring up an occasional NXT guy as a JOBBER. Not bring him up, have him win a bunch of matches and then bury him if he doesn't catch on. Instead, bring him up as a hard luck loser. Then have him win an occasional match (maybe against another jobber). Then more. Then an occasional win against better opponents.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I don't see them going back to hornswaggle as the Raw GM again. People fucking hated that angle, but WWE just seems to want to piss off the audience lately.

That was a joke- I know it's not going to be him. I really do think it will be Kurt Angle, for um, reasons of some sort. His TNA contract was up a few months ago. And I should clarify my comment on forcing Reigns on the audience- he'll be another Batista in that regard, not another Cena. I can see this year's RR going so much like last year's- Reigns makes his big comeback there, wins it, then the fans totally (or at least mostly) shit all over the proposed main leading up to WM, and so another audible gets called, and 1 or 2 of Ambrose, Rollins, and/or Ziggler gets added to the match (likely not Rollins since he would cash-in on the face winner soon after to start a new program).

It's gonna happen, all over again.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Didn't they say Kurt's going to take one more year at TNA and be done with it? I watch the daily WTTV News on YouTube and I think that's what they said but I don't know if they made anything concrete. All the positive buzz after Sting coming back died when they brought back the GM, you could even hear it in the audience with the load groan. They should just have Paul Hayman come out and say it was him all along pulling the strings. I'd rather have him cutting promos on the mic then bland Cole reading shit off a laptop again.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Didn't they say Kurt's going to take one more year at TNA and be done with it? I watch the daily WTTV News on YouTube and I think that's what they said but I don't know if they made anything concrete. All the positive buzz after Sting coming back died when they brought back the GM, you could even hear it in the audience with the load groan. They should just have Paul Hayman come out and say it was him all along pulling the strings. I'd rather have him cutting promos on the mic then bland Cole reading shit off a laptop again.

I suppose I may have missed that, could be. Heyman would easily be the best choice, and it seems like there would be some possible storytelling options to use there, too. It would be a decent way to use him with Brock unavailable all the damn time.

So one other note from SS that I somehow forgot about until David Shoemaker brought it up on Grantland this week: the seeds may have actually been planted for a Cena heel turn with the "only John Cena has the authority to reinstate the Authority" stip. Sort of makes it look like it could even be a years-long thing, where the cards are in hand to be played so that when Cena's aged and his star is fading (if it ever does), and the time is right to pull the trigger, boom, Cena says hey, remember when I got the power to bring back THE AUTHORITY?! And he aligns himself with Hunter and Steph and has one great heel run against whoever is the new top babyface flag-bearer. Would be a built-in mega-money program to squeeze some more juice out of a guy who's career would be winding down at that point.

Though it's also possible that Hunter comes back, acknowledges Cena as the better man, and then Cena takes pity on him and doesn't turn.

But he has to bring them back sometime, otherwise the stip wouldn't have been added.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
CM Punk finally opens up on why he left the WWE...

Former WWE Superstar CM Punk has remained quiet since he left the WWE back in January of this year. Many wondered why he left the company. What caused the man with the longest WWE Championship reign in nearly 30 years to all the sudden quit? CM Punk finally sat down to talk about it with his good friend Colt Cabana on Cabana’s podcast, Art of Wrestling.

Punk was very good in the interview, discussing various details of the departure.

A few things he claimed was that he left the WWE after The Royal Rumble mostly due to his health. He had a concussion, broken ribs, and a bad knee all the same time during his last few months with WWE. That wasn’t all, he actually got so sick on WWE’s European Tour last November that he was throwing up and dry heaving every night after his matches. He claimed to have a fever for months and almost no appetite. He claims that WWE doctors doped him up on so many antibiotics that he had an “accident” in the ring on a SmackDown taping. He claimed the entire time he watched his paychecks shrink down. Punk claims that this was the worst he had felt in his entire life.

The concussion Punk suffered actually happened early during the Royal Rumble match but he still worked through his time. It didn’t seem to be a terrible one, as he was able to pass a concussion test the next day. Punk called his concussion test “bull—t.”

He said that WWE informed he passed but they wanted him to run the ring ropes and evaluate him. This is usually done with wrestlers to test how they’ll operate in the ring after running around and getting tired, as well as how they adapt to movement and things of that nature. Punk then claims he demanded that WWE just decide he has a concussion. Punk admitted that he had been trying to deny he was hurt for a very long time and he tried to just tough it out.

The very same day, the day of the WWE RAW after the Rumble, he was being pressured about taking a drug test and signing visas for future tours instead of listening to his requests for help. He said something was obviously wrong. Obviously WWE didn’t think of it as a big deal, and Punk was obviously not happy about that.

Punk then told Vince McMahon and Triple H that he was going home.

Punk said he told off The Game about cutting off his momentum in 2011 and complained to Vince for stifling Punk’s creativity. He says he told them both it was garbage how Daniel Bryan wasn’t being considered for the WrestleMania XXX main event. Punk says he told them he didn’t want to do this anymore and was done. Punk said Vince was in tears when he hugged Punk goodbye and told him he was family.

For those that do not know, Vince and Punk have been relatively close for a while. Vince cares about Punk a lot, which is most likely why the tears came about. Daniel Bryan of course ended up going on to compete in the Mania main event and won the WWE World Heavyweight Title. So it appears that Punk’s final words had some affect.

Punk said he was actually fired from WWE.

After he left WWE the way he did, he was told a few weeks later by Vince McMahon through text message that he was being suspended for two months. This just so happened to be the day before Vince told WWE shareholders that Punk was taking a sabbatical. Punk claims to have heard from no one in WWE once the suspension was over. He received his termination papers for breach of contract on his wedding day in June. Which is sort of like a knife in a leg wound to many.

Punk claimed that he hired a very vicious lawyer to go after WWE and fight their claim of breach of contract. This is why we saw a 20 page letter to WWE in regards to what he wanted from WWE.

Punk claimed that in the end, he got a settlement that gave him everything he asked for and more. Punk’s not allowed to talk about the settlement of course.

He said he and WWE are done and will never have a working relationship again. Punk said WWE wanted to issue a joint statement with him but he told them to “f–k off.”

WWE was originally worried he would go to TNA but Punk’s lawyer told WWE that he despises wrestling now and will never wrestle again.

Punk then spoke about Ryback, saying he took “20 years off his life” and described him as “steroid guy.” Ryback was considered still very green in the ring at the time he got in the ring with Punk in 2012. Punk ended up hurt in the program with Ryback, which is a good reason why Punk feels he did so much damage to him. Ryback has been rumored to have taken steroids before coming to WWE, but no one could prove such. Obviously due to WWE’s policy currently, he isn’t on any steroid. However, WWE does have an issue with HGH testing that could be the issue.

At the end of the day, Punk at least finally added clarity to what all was going on. Some of the material was a bit jarring, as we heard rumors of what happened with he and WWE but a lot of this is interesting information. While it is never good to say “never” in the wrestling business, Punk has various projects that he has worked on since leaving WWE and will most likely take on more. He seems happy away from the ring. He may never come back to WWE, which is his right. While fans will want him to, this may give them a reason to not as as much of him.

To listen to the entire interview, you can go to iTunes and download it for free. I guess it is perfect, as it lines up well with WWE’s free November month.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1638762/ww...up-about-why-he-left-wwe/#uHtuFdZLUp4FXTVz.99

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Thanks for sharing the info, Arcademan.

Well, I am still disappointed to read all of this but not surprised by any of it. Guess I can stop hoping for a comeback any time soon.

I refuse to believe that he's done forever. He may come around eventually.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I listened to the whole podcast while I was making mashed potatoes and turnips. What a fucking shit show the WWE's become. It didn't matter that he was selling t-shirts, PPV's, toys and video games they still never gave the guy a fare shot. Plus the end of the interview where they said he was pretty much wrestling towards the end with MRSA was pretty fucked up. They fire him on his wedding day and they refused to pay him for the work he already did. Glad he won the lawsuit. This just made me hate HHH even more listening to him talk about it. I know it's only Punk's side of the story but I would have loved to have to been a fly on the wall when all this was going down.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
It is just sad the show they put on of how they care about wrestlers, when it sounds like they grind them to the bone, then throw them away. Such a shame. I don't blame punk for walking out.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
I'm still listening to it on youtube( couldn't download it or get it off the site )

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Your fav youtuber with dat straw hat has something's to say about Punk breaking his silence

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
It's hard to believe Ryback busts his ass to get better because he hasn't shown that he's gotten better

I take that back as he's not as terrible when he was with Nexus
I think he has improved both physically and mentally meaning his attitude of "I'm the best because they're pushing me". I think knocking him down to jobber for a bit made him a little more humble backstage.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I listened to the whole podcast while I was making mashed potatoes and turnips. What a fucking shit show the WWE's become. It didn't matter that he was selling t-shirts, PPV's, toys and video games they still never gave the guy a fare shot. Plus the end of the interview where they said he was pretty much wrestling towards the end with MRSA was pretty fucked up. They fire him on his wedding day and they refused to pay him for the work he already did. Glad he won the lawsuit. This just made me hate HHH even more listening to him talk about it. I know it's only Punk's side of the story but I would have loved to have to been a fly on the wall when all this was going down.
Punk apparently kicked WWE's ass in the lawsuit, though. So at least there's that.
It's hard to believe Ryback busts his ass to get better because he hasn't shown that he's gotten better

I take that back as he's not as terrible when he was with Nexus
I can only assume that's who Punk was talking about when he referred to "made me work with dangerous guys" comment. Ryback was pretty damn green a few years ago when he first got his big push.

So everything I can find shows AJ as still with WWE- that's correct, right? Seems kind of surprising after all of this. I can't help but think she'll take off sooner than later, though. She already seems to sort of follow Phil's lead in some areas (she's one of the few Divas who refuses to do the show, she wore her ring even after Punk was off TV, etc). Just seems like she wouldn't really want to keep working for a company that her husband detests, and you know full well they've got plenty of money.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
As much as I love CM punk's in ring work...

He's a fucking asshole.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Does anyone else find it weird that this came out days before Stone Colds podcast debuts on the Network with Vince as the first guest?

PS- The Divas have generated more interest from me in 2014 than any other fued/ storyline— I think thats a bad thing.

Last edited: