offical wwe thread

spoonz

Quiz Detective
What the fuck..I skip Raw and NXT this week and then find out that Kevin Owens powerbombed Cena on Raw and Joe shows up at NXT.

Just give the company to HHH now.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Fucking a...

They got me again god damn it! Looks like he's keeping his name for now, shirts are already on sale.

They better not fuck this up!

Yeah, that pretty much shocked me. He's more of a known quantity in the U.S. than, say, KENTA or Prince Devitt was, so it makes a little more sense, but it also reminded me that CM Punk was allowed to keep his name because they had zero expectations for him and didn't even care.

Joe strikes me as a guy that doesn't have a lot of time left, so striking while the iron is hot would be a lot better than keeping him in NXT forever, like Tyler Breeze. It appears that Owens is already ticketed to move up permanently after EC, and I'd like to see Joe follow him in short order (could even keep the feud- same thing would work if Zayn goes up soon).

Anyway, show was good, as usual for NXT. Of note, to me at least:
1. Charlotte is pretty clearly the most athletic female wrestler working for any of the bigger companies. She's still a bit behind Paige, overall, but she's a megastar waiting to happen.

2. Bayley will also shine on the main roster.

3. Emma is great as a heel, and seems much more natural that way. Just totally wasting her on the main roster.

4. I still say there's no way in hell that Tyler Breeze can get over with that gimmick on the main roster. It's terrible, and likely part of the reason that he's stayed in NXT so long. I couldn't help but notice when Saxton was talking about him like "yeah, Tyler Breeze has been a mainstay on the NXT roster, these new guys don't impress him etc" that it was a pretty damning indictment, rather than the compliment he meant it to be.

5. Corey Graves is a natural in the booth. Byron Saxton and the other guy still blow goats. I expect that Graves will jump Saxton (and Renee Young, if she was ever in the picture in the first place) and get Lawler's spot if he ever retires.

6. Cass is a potential star, Enzo is not. Need to split them up sooner than later to see if Cass can put it all together, himself.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Unless it Luncha Underground , they don't seem to care if you are men or women in the temple , everybody fights. Sexy Star VS Pentagon Junior was a pretty good match and something you would never see in the WWE (you used to see it with Lyta). I was pretty shocked when i saw it the first time but it pretty fun to watch . The trio championship is even held by 2 men and a women.

I never got to thank you guys but i discovered the awesomeness of Luncha Underground thank to the people here . I am really enjoying it.

Sexy Star vs Superfly was bloody as hell.

Anyways, Lucha Underground is still the best wrestling show on TV.
It is almost perfect

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm so behind, just trying to finish watching extreme rules and then all the raws and smackers, then Payback and then all the NXT stuff I've been missing. SO busy with work and some gaming that I hardly have time for TV but I miss my wrazzlings!

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
On the very same night one of the biggest stars in the history of TNA made his debut for WWE at the NXT Takoever: Unstoppable show in Orlando, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required but recommended) published a report that Destination America has cancelled all TNA programming.

A quick breakdown of what's happening:
•TNA programming will continue to air until around late September or so, which would be the end of the third quarter.
•This was supposed to be kept a secret because it doesn't do anyone any good to know this far ahead of time that the promotion is dead in the water.
•The decision was made because Destination America wasn't satisfied with the ratings. Viewers were good for the station average but not good enough to justify how much money they were spending on it.
•Advertising was also an issue, as pro wrestling continues to struggle on that front. TNA does not have the luxury WWE does in the sense that the USA Network pays for the programming that delivers strong enough ratings to keep them the number one rated cable network in prime time, which they can use to sell advertising on without even mentioning pro wrestling.

This could very well signal the end of TNA. The number two spot in pro wrestling, at least as far as promotions go, looks to be wide open once more.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Damnit, now I have to do some looking.

I guess it was a one off from the days when they would run tryout filler matches on vortex/heat/jacked/full metal etc.

I was under the impression that he worked a number of enhancement matches under some different names, but I can only find one.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
On the very same night one of the biggest stars in the history of TNA made his debut for WWE at the NXT Takoever: Unstoppable show in Orlando, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required but recommended) published a report that Destination America has cancelled all TNA programming.

A quick breakdown of what's happening:
•TNA programming will continue to air until around late September or so, which would be the end of the third quarter.
•This was supposed to be kept a secret because it doesn't do anyone any good to know this far ahead of time that the promotion is dead in the water.
•The decision was made because Destination America wasn't satisfied with the ratings. Viewers were good for the station average but not good enough to justify how much money they were spending on it.
•Advertising was also an issue, as pro wrestling continues to struggle on that front. TNA does not have the luxury WWE does in the sense that the USA Network pays for the programming that delivers strong enough ratings to keep them the number one rated cable network in prime time, which they can use to sell advertising on without even mentioning pro wrestling.

This could very well signal the end of TNA. The number two spot in pro wrestling, at least as far as promotions go, looks to be wide open once more.

As good as it is, Lucha Underground will likely only last for as long as Robert Rodriguez is willing to pump money into his vanity network.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Not having Destination America, TNA has been replaced by Lucha Underground. LU is so much better in every way (except for the Knockouts).

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
As good as it is, Lucha Underground will likely only last for as long as Robert Rodriguez is willing to pump money into his vanity network.

Sorry for the double post.

I watch el rey a lot, love the programming.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So the door is wide open for Global Force to step into the #2 spot. Maybe?

And Raw was really boring. EC looks pretty anticlimactic at this point, though the matches should still be entertaining.

KEEP BRIE BELLA off commentary.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I was happy to see Ambrose get some of that craziness back he had last summer. I wonder how long it will take for someone in charge to get gun-shy about him again and make him boring again.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
So the door is wide open for Global Force to step into the #2 spot. Maybe?

And Raw was really boring. EC looks pretty anticlimactic at this point, though the matches should still be entertaining.

KEEP BRIE BELLA off commentary.

At this point the only match I'm really interested in seeing is Ownes/Cena because of Owens
Rollins/Ambrose will be good as well of course

Why is R-Truth still around?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
At this point the only match I'm really interested in seeing is Ownes/Cena because of Owens
Rollins/Ambrose will be good as well of course

Why is R-Truth still around?

Owens is being talked up in some places (i.e. PWTorch) as possibly having a shot to take Reigns' pre-ordained spot as THE GUY after Cena leaves. He sure as hell seems to be getting substantially more of a push than anyone else has from NXT- the match at EC should say a lot about what Hunter/Steph/Vince ultimately want to do with him.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
WOW, Destination America has picked up Ring of Honor Wrestling.

They will air it on Wednesdays, right before Impact starting June 3.

This is amazing news. Ring of Honor is a great product, and hopefully when TNA dies they can absorb some of the good talent before WWE gets them and runs them through their cookie cutter.

So until September, there are going to be four different wrestling promotions on cable TV. I gave up on WWE over a decade ago, only occassionally tuning in for big events. And I gave up on TNA when AJ Styles left, though it was a gong show long before that.

But I'm way into ROH and plan to start watching Lucha Underground.

Now to see if Jeff Jarrett's new promotion makes it to a TV channel.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
I watched three episodes of Lucha Underground tonight. Will add the series to the DVR. The Mexican soap opera-esque promos are hilarious.

Also, why did nobody tell me New Japan was airing in English on AXS TV?

As of next Wednesday there will be TNA, WWE, ROH, NJPW, and Lucha Underground all airing on English cable television. That's amazing, even if TNA and WWE are terrible products.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
Also, why did nobody tell me New Japan was airing in English on AXS TV?

Y'know, i'm surprised we haven't talked much about NJPW on AXS. Glad to see you're watching it now!

As for the news of ROH on DA today, it caused a shitstorm amongst fans and wrestlers! MVP is holding down the fort for talent in the back. It's crazy!

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
WOW, Destination America has picked up Ring of Honor Wrestling.

They will air it on Wednesdays, right before Impact starting June 3.

This is amazing news. Ring of Honor is a great product, and hopefully when TNA dies they can absorb some of the good talent before WWE gets them and runs them through their cookie cutter.

So until September, there are going to be four different wrestling promotions on cable TV. I gave up on WWE over a decade ago, only occassionally tuning in for big events. And I gave up on TNA when AJ Styles left, though it was a gong show long before that.

But I'm way into ROH and plan to start watching Lucha Underground.

Now to see if Jeff Jarrett's new promotion makes it to a TV channel.

The E doesn't want anyone from TNA and some people within ROH haven't forgotten when TNA started yanking wrestlers from them

TNA has/has great talent but they've squandered many a opportunity for years

famicommander

15 Year Member
Out of morbid curiosity I watched Impact for the first time since AJ Styles left and I actually walked away pretty impressed. No sign of the endless stable wars, no 15 minute promos, no Dixie Carter on screen, nobody that looks like they just walked out of a 1999 episode of Nitro.

Best match of the night was Aries and Roode vs The American Wolves, easily. And Angle had a decent I quit match with EY.

also watched two episodes of New Japan, and will keep watching.

A week ago I wasn't following any wrestling shows. Just keeping up with ROH online.

Now my DVR is set to record Lucha Underground, ROH, New Japan, and even Impact. I figure I'll watch until it gets yanked off the air.

Still can't tolerate WWE though. It's just such a sterile atmosphere.

DarkRider

n00b
There's talk a couple days ago that WWE has already upped Kevin Owens contract to a main roster contract and they will slowly be transitioning him off of NXT. I'm somehow both thrilled and saddened by it at the same time.

I watched three episodes of Lucha Underground tonight. Will add the series to the DVR. The Mexican soap opera-esque promos are hilarious.

I think Lucha Underground is fantastic. I thought the promos were a little cheezy but what wrestling promos aren't.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I'm sad every time a good wrestler goes to WWE because that company drills the personality out of them and they condense their movesets and restrict their in ring creativity.