offical wwe thread

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The plan on RAW is apparently that Lesnar goes over Joe, Wyatt, Strowman, and Balor before dropping the belt to Reigns at WM. Which is unfortunate, as three of those four definitely deserve more than that, and if he wasn't booked like shit, Wyatt could be alright, too.

On Smackdown it's harder to tell what's going to happen, but I assume Cena is going to be the one to take the belt off Mahal, which gets the record out of the way and frees him up to work an even more reduced schedule (he's getting enough movie roles now that I assume he'll only work one or two matches per year, ala Rock/'Taker/Hunter). He'll lose the title to a Corbin cash-in, and Corbin will hold it for a while before finally jobbing it to Nakamura. Nakamura defends against Styles at WM. Yeah, that's a little better than the RAW title match at the same show.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I didn't even realize that Money in the Bank was on last night.

Were there any good high spots?

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
New Day and Usos making more prison rape jokes that has me convinced that Vince and Dunn don't know what they're talking about which makes it even more hilarious

And Sami continues to do horrible things to Kevin with a ladder

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Kevin Steen vs El Generico ladder war was better than every ladder match WWE has ever had.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I didn't even realize that Money in the Bank was on last night.

Were there any good high spots?

Elsworth won the women's MITB match. Or he should have, since he got the dang briefcase. Hurry up and get to the Elsworth/Becky Lynch match already.

On a totally different note, I just went through a random sampling of DDT matches on youtube. Mind blown.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Al Snow, Shane Helms, and Simon Diamond (Pat Kenney) will not be re-signed by Impact when their current contracts expire at the end of this month. They had been working as producers/road agents or a long time. Especially Simon Diamond, who has been with the company as either a wrestler or producer since 2003.

TNA's current creative structure

Jeff Jarrett - Chief Creative Officer, executive producer, co-founder
Scott D'Amore - creative writer, VP of international relations, producer/road agent
Dutch Mantel - head writer, producer/road agent, on-screen character
Bruce Prichard - creative consultant, production adviser, on-screen character
Abyss - producer/road agent, wrestler
Karen Jarrett - executive consultant, on-screen character
Jeremy Borash - producer, commentator, creative adviser
Madison Rayne - creative writer, wrestler, co-host of one of their webseries, occasional commentator
Rockstar Spud - producer/road agent, wrestler, occasional ring announcer
Sonjay Dutt - producer/road agent, wrestler

With those names in charge you'd think the product would be better.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ring of Honor's Best in the World PPV is tonight

Card

Ring of Honor World Championship match:
Christopher Daniels (c) vs Cody Rhodes

Ring of Honor World Television Championship match:
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Kushida (c) vs Marty Scurll

Ring of Honor World Tag Team Championship match:
The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) (c) vs War Machine (Hanson and Ray Rowe)

Ring of Honor World Six Man Tag Team Championship match:
The Briscoes and Bully Ray (c) vs Dalton Castle and The Boys

Jay Lethal vs Silas Young

The Kingdom (Matt Taven and Vinny Marseglia) vs CMLL's Ultimo Guerrero and El Terrible

Strap match:
Frankie Kazarian vs Adam Page

Losing team must disband match:
Search and Destroy (Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Jonathan Gresham, Jay White) vs The Rebellion (Kenny King, Caprice Coleman, Rhett Titus, Shane Taylor)

Looks like an excellent card.

Kushida holding singles gold in both NJPW and ROH simultaneously is unprecedented. He won't be booked on many of the G1 Climax shows because he's not a heavyweight, so he could theoretically defend the TV title in the US for most of the summer.

famicommander

15 Year Member
ROH weeklies

Women of Honor Wednesday:

Throwback Thursday:

Future of Honor Friday:

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Al Snow, Shane Helms, and Simon Diamond (Pat Kenney) will not be re-signed by Impact when their current contracts expire at the end of this month. They had been working as producers/road agents or a long time. Especially Simon Diamond, who has been with the company as either a wrestler or producer since 2003.

TNA's current creative structure

Jeff Jarrett - Chief Creative Officer, executive producer, co-founder
Scott D'Amore - creative writer, VP of international relations, producer/road agent
Dutch Mantel - head writer, producer/road agent, on-screen character
Bruce Prichard - creative consultant, production adviser, on-screen character
Abyss - producer/road agent, wrestler
Karen Jarrett - executive consultant, on-screen character
Jeremy Borash - producer, commentator, creative adviser
Madison Rayne - creative writer, wrestler, co-host of one of their webseries, occasional commentator
Rockstar Spud - producer/road agent, wrestler, occasional ring announcer
Sonjay Dutt - producer/road agent, wrestler

With those names in charge you'd think the product would be better.

That explains the low level production values

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Best In The World was great, never got into The Rebellion as a team despite the talent that was part of it, tag title match was insanity for 13 minutes, Dalton finally got a title, we know what Kushida will be doing during the G1 and Cody is finally a world champ and left TNA

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
WWE is apparently upset that a guest used a poor choice of words on Last Night's Raw.

I recently saw the segment in question. I can only guess that the word in question is "Belt"

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
WWE is apparently upset that a guest used a poor choice of words on Last Night's Raw.

I recently saw the segment in question. I can only guess that the word in question is "Belt"

LaVar Ball was on since the show was in LA. He was Miz' guest on MizTV. Came out with LaMelo (his middle son) and then Lonzo came out too. Miz tried to get Lavar to join up for some joint venture or whatever, but Lavar turned him down. Lavar then went full Special Ed Shonuff on him while LaMelo yelled at him to "beat that nigga ass."

I didn't see it live, but the clips of it are awful. Maryse looks really, really embarrassed to be there, and Miz looks like he's pissed that Lavar isn't following his lead properly.

Here's an article with video, though it's bleeped.

famicommander

15 Year Member
My god, what a trainwreck. WWE has become TNA and TNA has become Vince Russo's WCW.

Have y'all seen who Jeff Jarrett is hyping for Slammiversary? Hornswoggle, the mayor of Orlando (wut?), King Mo (an MMA fighter) in the corner of Bobby Lashley, free agent NFL RB DeAngelo Williams in a match, Jeremy Borash and Josh Mathews in a match... it wasn't supposed to be this way.

Stop supporting this shit, people. Don't watch Raw, don't watch Smackdown, don't watch NXT, don't watch Impact, don't watch any of their PPVs.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have no idea who any of those Ball people are.

I just thought it would be funny to point out the WWE Brass's hatred for the word "Belt".

While I share the opinion that wrestlers should "compete" for championships/titles and not belts/straps, it is silly that the physical representation of the item has to be called a "championship".

If they don't want it to be a belt, they should change it to something else (although it could hurt merchandise sales).

GLOW had a tiara.
A Japanese promotion had a samurai sword.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My god, what a trainwreck. WWE has become TNA and TNA has become Vince Russo's WCW.

Have y'all seen who Jeff Jarrett is hyping for Slammiversary? Hornswoggle, the mayor of Orlando (wut?), King Mo (an MMA fighter) in the corner of Bobby Lashley, free agent NFL RB DeAngelo Williams in a match, Jeremy Borash and Josh Mathews in a match... it wasn't supposed to be this way.

I heard that SHAQ was supposed to make an appearance also.

famicommander

15 Year Member
That was a rumor that turned out to be false. They got the mayor of Orlando instead.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

Stop supporting this shit, people. Don't watch Raw, don't watch Smackdown, don't watch NXT, don't watch Impact, don't watch any of their PPVs.
Mo I don't have a problem with. He has a lot of actual love for the business- couple years ago he was working to get fully trained and do a Lashley-type gig where he'd work for both TNA and Bellator. I think he had an injury right around that time and admitted that starting from scratch in wrestling was much harder than just staying with MMA, so he cut it short. But he had started training and all.

I have no idea who any of those Ball people are.

I just thought it would be funny to point out the WWE Brass's hatred for the word "Belt".

While I share the opinion that wrestlers should "compete" for championships/titles and not belts/straps, it is silly that the physical representation of the item has to be called a "championship".

If they don't want it to be a belt, they should change it to something else (although it could hurt merchandise sales).

GLOW had a tiara.
A Japanese promotion had a samurai sword.
Sorry, I didn't mean to overexplain so much but rather to illustrate just how beyond bad it was. Lonzo's a decent get, dude was the second pick in the NBA draft, but his dad is a fucking trainwreck, and the segment came off as such.

Though you're right, that would have been far funnier if they had been like fuck he said belt we gotta get on top of this before it damages the brand. If a wrestler on the roster said belt while grabbing Vince's shoulder he'd be subject to surgical castration then shot into the center of the sun, then future endeavored.

edit: never again let Lana wrestle, please.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Canceled my DVR recording for Impact. It's not even worth fast forwarding through anymore. I don't know how, but the product actually got WORSE after they got rid of Dixie Carter and brought in actual wrestling people.

And WWE is fucking unwatchable at this point. If anyone out there claims to be able to sit through an entire episode of either Raw or Smackdown without wanting to kill themselves, they're a god damn liar.

HEY LOOK, IT'S A ROOKIE BASKETBALL PLAYER'S DAD

fucking seriously?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The second women's MITB match actually used decent storytelling.
I was surprised.

I had little choice in what to watch since my GF was taping Smackdown and another show.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Canceled my DVR recording for Impact. It's not even worth fast forwarding through anymore. I don't know how, but the product actually got WORSE after they got rid of Dixie Carter and brought in actual wrestling people.

Not only that, but a third generation promoter.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Impact Wrestling has bought Global Force Wrestling

:tickled:

Also Akira Towzawa vs Neville is going to be amazing